News: CBS: Eagles dysfunction led to Pederson getting ridiculed and criticized for every decision

Sydla

Reaction score
What's even more comical is all the local experts around here who thought the Eagles were the class of the league a few years back and posted ad nauseam about it.

Roseman seems good at pulling off trades but his drafting has been pretty shoddy and if this is true about his power trips, it's not going to end well for them.

luckyman76

Reaction score
Lucky for us they kept all the incompetent people. From a decade of Garrett we seem to be pretty good at that in addition to Jerrah. Let's hope our talent acquisition outweighs our self-inflicted wounds.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Right now this NFCE is just plain crapolaville. Doesn't take much to be ruling this, Dallas is covered in it as well. Who will be the one who takes this big step forward? Each team seems to feel they have the advantage. LOL, Stay tuned, we shall see.

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score
How sweet to read this. The Philthy NFL team and the Commie Chinese are my 2 most hated entities on this Earth.

Verdict

Reaction score
Organizations are seldom as good or as bad as they seem at any given point in time. They haven’t done everything right, but they have navigated themselves through some tight spots and came out better than I thought they would.

I think the thing that is killing the Cowboys organization is their insistence on maximizing W/L records in down years. A few spots in the draft, when that’s pretty much the main tool we use for team building is really hurting us more than anything else.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score

Dre11

Reaction score
Thought it was worthwhile to post here as we often lament how our organization is run. But Roseman seems like a real peach. You wonder if that 2017 SB was just lightning in a bottle.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...and-criticized-for-every-decision-per-report/

I said it then and I'll say it again, what they did in 2017 was a team getting hot and riding the wave (lightning in a bottle) it seemed everything they did lucked and worked, even down to their backups coming in and playing well, that usually doesn't happen. But folks here were kissing their front office and coach's feet as such a well run organization, now were seeing it for what it was.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
What's even more comical is all the local experts around here who thought the Eagles were the class of the league a few years back and posted ad nauseam about it.

When you win the Super Bowl it affords you the benefit of the doubt.

Meanwhile, we haven’t sniffed a conference championship, let alone a Super Bowl appearance, in 25 years and we still have fans that think our team is above reproach.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
When you win the Super Bowl it affords you the benefit of the doubt.

Meanwhile, we haven’t sniffed a conference championship, let alone a Super Bowl appearance, in 25 years and we still have fans that think our team is above reproach.
Big difference between afforded the benefit of the doubt and applying dynasty-like accolades.

I don't see many fans on here who believe the Cowboys approach even makes sense let alone be above reproach.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Roseman seems good at pulling off trades but his drafting has been pretty shoddy and if this is true about his power trips, it's not going to end well for them.
And that drafting becomes a real problem with those trades. Those trades are great if yoy can still hit on enough picks to keep bring in young cheap talent to the roster. Bur when you cant hit enough, you end up with an old and expensive roster

Sydla

Reaction score
Big difference between afforded the benefit of the doubt and applying dynasty-like accolades.

I don't see many fans on here who believe the Cowboys approach even makes sense let alone be above reproach.

This is a joke right? There are quite a few on this board alone who largely defend what the Cowboys do in FA, etc.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
This is a joke right? There are quite a few on this board alone who largely defend what the Cowboys do in FA, etc.
Maybe I don't read enough of the posts, but for the most part, I see a lot of disgust. Quite a few could also be construed as not many. It's definitely not a significant percentage.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

What are the dynasty like accolades being applied?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Thought it was worthwhile to post here as we often lament how our organization is run. But Roseman seems like a real peach. You wonder if that 2017 SB was just lightning in a bottle.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...and-criticized-for-every-decision-per-report/

I'll take a little lightning in the bottle over what we've had here for the past 25 years.

That's part of the reason I believe going all in for a year is better than trying to slow-build a team, which has been our method for a while now. Sure, every team wants a modern dynasty like the Patriots had, but they are the exception not the rule.