CBS Sports Patrik Walker Sources on Nolan’s Future

817Gill

Reaction score
Some people don’t like this guy as a source not really sure why. Go through his Twitter feed he’s been pretty spot on about a lot of things in the last few years. Anyways here’s a snippet and link from his new article concerning Nolan’s remarks on his future.

“The needle of change is instead aimed at Mike Nolan, the team's defensive coordinator who leads a historically bad unit that has been roundly criticized for not only continued lack of execution but, more importantly, lack of effort. The much-needed moral and actual victory over the lowly Cincinnati Bengals doesn't change the temperature beneath Nolan's seat one iota, sources told CBS Sports on Monday, and it will take some very fervent convincing to sway owner Jerry Jones into keeping him onboard.”

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...think-about-it/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Hope Jerry isn’t keeping him next season. All the more reason to tank and look like crap defensively lol.

817Gill

Reaction score
Here’s another good bit detailing what many have speculated in terms of reassignment. Nolan sounds like he knows what comin too, “When that time comes, we'll deal with it if there is a change,” lol.

“As noted in a CBS Sports report on Sunday ahead of the team's matchup with the Bengals, Nolan's fate isn't sealed just yet and there's also a chance -- thanks to the relationship between he and McCarthy -- he could be retained but simply moved out of the defensive driver's seat and into a different role. The Cowboys are currently weighing all of their options and whatever they choose to do may come swiftly at the conclusion of the season, so that they can get a head start on adapting for the 2021 season.”

Kaiser

Reaction score
"I'm George Edwards and I approved this message"

jnin2qy5jxrto8wbnjav.jpg

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
In other words, he's NOT getting a private vote of confidence from MM, Stephen, or Jerry, he can see the writing on the wall. Just my take but based on this, he's done as DC. Just whether or not he's fired or demoted.

Nolan sounds like he knows what comin too, “Whatever happens after the season happens” lol.

Majic

Reaction score
I think the best Nolan can hope for his to be retained as some kind of consultant. Edwards will probably take over. But what does McCarthy want to do long-term. Jerry mentioned today about 'continuity and sticking with a long-term plan'

What is the long-term plan?

is there a 'long term plan'?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
"I'm George Edwards and I approved this message"

jnin2qy5jxrto8wbnjav.jpg

Just me but when you consider how bad the D has been IF they were that impressed with Edwards, I think at a min he would already have taken some Nolan responsibilities. In other words, I'm not sure he's the answer.

Wolfpack

Reaction score
I think the best Nolan can hope for his to be retained as some kind of consultant. Edwards will probably take over. But what does McCarthy want to do long-term. Jerry mentioned today about 'continuity and sticking with a long-term plan'

Jerry’s long term plan has always been making himself seems important, comfortable and money. Hope is all he has for on the field activities.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Just me but when you consider how bad the D has been IF they were that impressed with Edwards, I think at a min he would already have taken some Nolan responsibilities. In other words, I'm not sure he's the answer.

I can see that, but this year is so ***** up with the pandemic I think its mostly about paddling the life boats than picking the new Captain of the Titanic II.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
There’s no way Nolan makes it through the offseason.

I’d bet money that Edwards is DC next year.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
That would be awesome, and he did have an interview/consultation with the Front Office before they hired McCarthy.

He did?????
Didn't know......but you can imagine my take now (LOL). Done deal????? lol

Jipper

Reaction score
me think the winds of change be blowin', smells kinda like hot garbage

nobody

Reaction score

As a consultant? On what? How to suck? When has he ever shown a competent display of DCing?