BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
This dude has no scoop

Hes trying to decipher Jerry’s words from his interview on the Fan

817Gill

Reaction score
This dude has no scoop

Hes trying to decipher Jerry’s words from his interview on the Fan
He did give us insight on what his sources say Jerry feels, not a decipher of his interview. I copied and pasted it in the OP, “The much-needed moral and actual victory over the lowly Cincinnati Bengals doesn't change the temperature beneath Nolan's seat one iota, sources told CBS Sports on Monday, and it will take some very fervent convincing to sway owner Jerry Jones into keeping him onboard.”

The reporter is claiming this info is from their sources, not from an interview. If he’s right or wrong remains to be seen but it’s not like he didn’t add what he’s hearing from inside the organization.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
He did give us insight on what his sources say Jerry feels, not a decipher of his interview. I copied and pasted it in the OP, “The much-needed moral and actual victory over the lowly Cincinnati Bengals doesn't change the temperature beneath Nolan's seat one iota, sources told CBS Sports on Monday, and it will take some very fervent convincing to sway owner Jerry Jones into keeping him onboard.”

The reporter is claiming this info is from their sources, not from an interview. If he’s right or wrong remains to be seen but it’s not like he didn’t add what he’s hearing from inside the organization.
Hes guessing man

You and I can tell that defensive performance against the Bengals didnt move the needle as far as Jerry wanting to retain him.

Qcard

Reaction score

Sir! This is not digestible information for many people..They prefer information from 5 min TV segments developed by producers and TV talking heads hawking TV ads.

Words on papers is not easy to follow:facepalm:

Great post!

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"I'm George Edwards and I approved this message"

jnin2qy5jxrto8wbnjav.jpg
:clap:

starman22

Reaction score
Some people don’t like this guy as a source not really sure why. Go through his Twitter feed he’s been pretty spot on about a lot of things in the last few years. Anyways here’s a snippet and link from his new article concerning Nolan’s remarks on his future.

“The needle of change is instead aimed at Mike Nolan, the team's defensive coordinator who leads a historically bad unit that has been roundly criticized for not only continued lack of execution but, more importantly, lack of effort. The much-needed moral and actual victory over the lowly Cincinnati Bengals doesn't change the temperature beneath Nolan's seat one iota, sources told CBS Sports on Monday, and it will take some very fervent convincing to sway owner Jerry Jones into keeping him onboard.”

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...think-about-it/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Hope Jerry isn’t keeping him next season. All the more reason to tank and look like crap defensively lol.

This is just the type of meddling that we are constantly criticizing Jerry for. It is McCarthy's job to get rid of Nolan and choose who comes in. Hopefully it happens, but I would like it to come from the head coach.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
BTW, this info has now broken wide open as true by other sources so kudos to Patrik, (no C).

I don't know if I want to return to a stagnant base 4-3. Yes I want to run 4-3 concepts at times and this second but we ran the 4-3 for almost a decade to middle results with a guru designing it.
I'd really like to go multiple and I think MM is right in the need to do so longer term.
I'd be looking for a DC that is modern much the way Kellen is on offense.

I'd like to see a defense that can add a twist or wrinkle week or week without adding so much at once the guys are out there shaking their heads looking at the sideline for guidance mid play.
I guess I'd just like Bill Belichick to run my defense lol.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Even dumb and dumber should be able to see Nolan was a terrible hire
It was the one hire that was widely panned.
It is tough to get them all right but Nolan gave MM his first coordinator gig and dudes don't forget that.
What's pretty clear is MM isn't going down with Nolan. He'll gladly make that switch to save his own hide for another year.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
As a consultant? On what? How to suck? When has he ever shown a competent display of DCing?

Competency is not a requirement to coach under the jones bafoons. Look at some of the coaches we had toward the end of the Garrett era. Colombo wasn't ready to be the main OL coach, we had that idiot scout coaching LB's Keith whatshisname, and i forget the ST coaches name that was terrible. Not to mention the DC who only wanted to coach the DL instead of getting all the defensive units on the same page.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
I think the best Nolan can hope for his to be retained as some kind of consultant. Edwards will probably take over. But what does McCarthy want to do long-term. Jerry mentioned today about 'continuity and sticking with a long-term plan'

What is the long-term plan?

is there a 'long term plan'?
what would they do? ask for his advice and do the exact opposite?