CBS Sportsline - Overrated & Underrated players from each team

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
portis2.jpg

If a Dallas Cowboy player ever did something like this, I would disown the player.

Reaction score
That's because we've whipped them so many times, it's cause for a celebration don't think so go talk to a skins fan, I work with a few of them and still he's talking about. Excellent point about our kicker at that time when he missed that 41 yarder I said that might come back to bite us and it did. Remember that holding call on Flozell after the 1st TD to Moss? I still haven't seen the hold even Madden was talking about it. Law of averages caught us last year

ghost

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Brian Dawkins would disagree with you

in my opinion, both taylor and williams are better than dawkins. williams can be flat out tenacious when he's used properly, and taylor is just insane all around.

sacase

Reaction score
Fla Cowpoke said:
And I guess no one is buying the Cowboy coaches assertion that Moss wasn't Roy's responsibility on either play. He was trying to help cover someone else's bust.

But that doesn't matter, it was Williams that ended up the closest to him...it's his fault.

You know that is something I always wondered about. Coaches say it was not Williams fault and yet everyone says it was. Hell I remember specifically on the first play that Williams couldn't help out over the top because he had to keep a eye on the slot receiver. It was a perfectly executed play on the skins behalf.

I think that if it wasn't williams fault then no one could say he was over rated or that he stunk in coverage. But hay let's not let reality get in the way of things.

sacase

Reaction score
riggo said:
first, its ridiculous to think that an NFL QB couldnt throw it that far. but even if he didnt know, whats the excuse for pass #2? it went 50 yards in the air just like the first one. is there an NFL QB who cant throw it 50? of course not. i know you didnt bring it up initially, but i was just curious.

i looked at that video again, and there was help to roys right on the first pass. i still dont know why he wasnt in better position, given that there was help. its natural to want to cover for well liked players, but they are human. the excuses given for roy get a little tough to believe, s'all.

Hey guy...That help you say was on the right.....That was Roy Williams...

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
ghost said:
in my opinion, both taylor and williams are better than dawkins. williams can be flat out tenacious when he's used properly, and taylor is just insane all around.

my opinion yours is wrong, Dawk is FAR better then Williams and Taylor, if he wasn't with a piss poor secondary he would be getting more attention, he makes INTS and BIg hits. i would welcome him to the boys. him and R.W. would be incrediable. Dawk > WIlliams >>>>>>>>>>>>Taylor

riggo

Benched
Reaction score
sacase said:
Hey guy...That help you say was on the right.....That was Roy Williams...

hey guy :)confused: ), i just looked at it again. no it wasnt.

looks like it was davis.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
my opinion yours is wrong, Dawk is FAR better then Williams and Taylor, if he wasn't with a piss poor secondary he would be getting more attention, he makes INTS and BIg hits. i would welcome him to the boys. him and R.W. would be incrediable. Dawk > WIlliams >>>>>>>>>>>>Taylor

?

A gret SS next to him and 2 nice corners

I think all 4 of them made the pro bowl
piss poor?

Micheal Lewis > Keitih Davis

I think me should make a ply for Dawk next year, but he does have help

superpunk

Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th said:
?

piss poor?

Actually, in this application, Dawkins would be compared to Davis, and Roy to Lewis - positionally speaking.

ringmaster

Reaction score
:hammer:
Chocolate Lab said:
One more thing... I, for one, don't care if it was Roy's fault. Even if Moss did run by Roy, so what? Roy can't keep up with a speedy 5-9 WR, but neither can Reed or Dawkins or Polamalu or Harrison or any other of the other better safeties in the league. Does that make them all worthless? Of course not.

Point being, every single player who has ever lived has missed tackles and gotten beaten for big plays. It's nonsensical to pick out one or two of those plays and judge a player by them... Unless you're a Skins troll.

ringmaster

Reaction score
Mansta54 said:
I think its ridiculous to gloat or brag just cause you beat us twice last season. Dude we are your hated rival and have beat that arse 15 of 18 and you gloat after winning 2 straight. Yeah, I think thats simply ridiculous. We own yall and that's not me talking, thats 15 of 18 talking. That's total and complete domination. It speaks volumes!!!
Yeah you would think that they won the SB, after those two wins.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th said:
?

piss poor?

well almost any FS > Keith Davis, their corners are over rated it showed last two seasons. M. Lewis is decent imo.

Gamebreaker

Benched
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
The second TD was all on Glenn, he went for deflection/INT instead of just staying with Moss. He had good coverage and not until he dove for the ball did Moss blow by him. Ha he not played the ball but instead played the WR, Moss either does not catch it or is tackled as soon as he does.

Check a replay on that play. Moss had about 5 yards on Glenn. The only reason he was able to try and make a play on the ball was because it was slightly underthrown and Moss had to slow down a bit to catch it in stride. If the ball was thrown perfectly, neither one of them would've had any chance at it.

superpunk

Reaction score
Gamebreaker said:
Check a replay on that play. Moss had about 5 yards on Glenn. The only reason he was able to try and make a play on the ball was because it was slightly underthrown and Moss had to slow down a bit to catch it in stride. If the ball was thrown perfectly, neither one of them would've had any chance at it.

Then again, if it was thrown in stride, it probably would have been out of the end zone, if memory serves...