CBS Sportsline - Overrated & Underrated players from each team

vicjagger

Reaction score
1fisher said:
Underrated: ...If Taylor gets his head on straight he could very well be one of the best in the league!

I'm kinda hoping someone knocks it off first.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
big dog cowboy said:
Maybe Roy could line up at WR a few plays. :D

Wouldn't work...

He'd only want to work short routes around the line of scrimmage. He's not good on deep routes. ;)

TunaoftheLand

Reaction score
Roy Williams is the most overrated player in the entire NFL? Wow. I thought he was good. I mean he's not the best cover saftey in the league, but when he wraps up, he is a damn good tackler. That list is BS. Who does Prisco think he is rating Roy like that? Roy Williams is the best defensive player in the NFC East.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
TunaoftheLand said:
Roy Williams is the most overrated player in the entire NFL? Wow. I thought he was good. I mean he's not the best cover saftey in the league, but when he wraps up, he is a damn good tackler. That list is BS. Who does Prisco think he is rating Roy like that? Roy Williams is the best defensive player in the NFC East.
:welcome: to the board!!!!!!!

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
riggo said:
dallas was the division winner?

no.

dallas was a wild card?

no.

you have a point, then?

no.

yeah, the most pathetic wildcard win in the history of the NFL! be proud of yourselves

btw, why you mentioning division win?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
summerisfunner said:
Gfunk
Banned

:lmao:
nah nah nah nah!

nah nah nah nah!

hey hey hey!

goodbye!

:laugh1:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
summerisfunner said:
next on the list...

Mossburner

or so I hope
Nah. He can stay. Or, at least, he can stay long enough for us to see if our defense can contain Moss in both games this season. If so, his username is going to get some LONG, overdue teasing. :cool:

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
DallasEast said:
Nah. He can stay. Or, at least, he can stay long enough for us to see if our defense can contain Moss in both games this season. If so, his username is going to get some LONG, overdue teasing. :cool:

it's not because of his username, it's because he's such an idiot, seriously, the guy is a freakin' moron

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
summerisfunner said:
it's not because of his username, it's because he's such an idiot, seriously, the guy is a freakin' moron
I won't argue with you about that, but posters aren't banned for being morons. If that were the case, the forum would probably average one banning per day every day.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
true, but I was thinking that since there are so many morons, and he's a Commander moron...lol

ok, so my proposition won't go very far, but it can't hurt to try ;)

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
You know, though, who else is a truly good candidate for the "Overrated" list on our team?

Flozell, maybe? Marco Rivera?

Other than some of those aging types along our offensive line, who else is truly a candidate for such a list?

I think that's one reason why Roy becomes such a target for these lists.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Dale said:
You know, though, who else is a truly good candidate for the "Overrated" list on our team?

Flozell, maybe? Marco Rivera?

Other than some of those aging types along our offensive line, who else is truly a candidate for such a list?

I think that's one reason why Roy becomes such a target for these lists.
Thats actually a solid point. Glover and LA were probably the other 2 candidates based on pro bowl considerations.

But again thats goes to how shallow the effort was. Who does BP overrate? Maybe Tony Romo. Maybe Bledsoe, Maybe Terry Glenn.

As fans overrating goes I might be inclined to go with a guy we both like Dale: Patrick Crayton. He has made some awesome plays as a 3rd WR beating Sean Taylor to get a win and what not but he really hasn't proven anything yet. Or maybe even Marcus Spears or Chris Canty. Both good young players who we probably overrate based on pure potential more than actual production.

In the end even if you use the de facto RW reference for the Boys its one thing but to expand that to make him the most overrated player in the NFL is just plain stupid.

My task for this guy if he should choose to accept it would be to find one offensive player in the NFL who would make that statement. I doubt he could find even one and I am certain he couldn't find one WR or QB to make it. NFL players respect Roy and realize he could end a season with one hit.

riggo

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Which posts?

I responded to Yo Mick's post. Then you chimed in with something seemingly irrelevant to what he was talking about, and what I was talking about.

Try to follow along here riggo, I haven't got time to draw a road map every time you get lost in the fog.

I'm assuming you got them from Clinton Portis since you find nothing unusual about the habit.

sorry i was out of town all weekend and also that my last post was hasty as i was in a rush.

my intent was to respond to your post when you said something about "I'd hate for Cowboys fans to be all puffed up over 1 lousy win that was insignificant in the long run."

1fisher was boasting about the play where crayton burned taylor, and hopefully i posted that link. i said that i thought it was silly to talk about that play since tayor redeemed himself with a hit on crayton that helped seal the game.

my point about the playoffs was in response to the posters who (even since i posted last) knock the skins 'offensive' (no pun intended) performance in the playoffs, yet the boys werent there.

i think the points overlapped, thus the confusion.

on another note, i'm drinking a sam adams scotch ale at the moment. anyone else enjoying a decent beer? :cheers:

riggo

Benched
Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
yeah, the most pathetic wildcard win in the history of the NFL! be proud of yourselves

btw, why you mentioning division win?

first, thats that i was talking about in my last few posts. the skins were there, summer. knocking the performance is nuts.

i mentioned the division win cuz when i responded, jterrell made light of the fact that the skins were a wild card team.

how was your weekend, btw?

:cheers: to you too.