CBS trade proposal for Dallas

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
The Heath lovers are not going to be happy.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...ferent-scenarios-for-the-2019-trade-deadline/

Having read this, Joseph isn't exactly lighting the world on fire either this year. This would have to be a trade because you simply think the upside and change of scenery makes it worth it.

Midseason swap means both players have to learn a new system, decreasing the value of both. Both giving up their starters, so at least one team is committing to getting worse, presumably Oakland.

Such a clear give up for a 6th doesn't make much sense from a football or business perspective.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
I'm not trading Heath. Maybe he's not a great starting SS but he'd be a great option as a spot starter and he's our ST captain.

pacboyX

Reaction score
I’m still wondering why we aren’t seeing Wilson more..guess it’s like Lewis we just don’t like playmaking DBs

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Some people here suffer from Heath Derangement Syndrome. He's no HOFer, but he's not "OMG, the worst safety evah!" either.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Please please please stop it.

Jeff Heath will be a starting safety with the Dallas Cowboys until he retires.

Just get used to it, people.

Iago33

Reaction score
There was no implication that this was anything other than a media trade proposal. I mean the headline says CBS trade proposal for Cowboys.
Jeff Heath is not a CB. Whoever came up with that doesn’t know anything about our team.

Techsass

Reaction score
If Nova, or Newton's Apple is the kind of programming you want... pick up the phone and call the number on your screen.
And now back to the Best of This Old House with Bob Vila!
My sister used to head the pledge drives for the local NPR.

Pants

Reaction score
Heath isn't perfect (obviously) but he is locked in as a Dallas Cowboy and I am good with that - there isn't a safety in the league that doesn't get beaten on occasion but you certainly hear his name in a good way during games - and he is a very good ST player - call me what you will, but I would not make this move with Oakland - bringing in someone that knows nothing about our system guarantees that he will suffer for a while and certainly get picked on initially by opposing QB's - I can just hear the naysayers then "Joseph SUCKS, why did we trade Heath???"

no, leave it alone - trade picks for a player like they did with Bennett if you must, but not a guy that is a starter