CBS trade proposal for Dallas

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
We do need an upgrade from Heath (and I would argue Woods too) but that doesn’t mean he doesn’t have a place on this team. He’s a good special teamer and experienced backup; I’ll take that kinda guy on my gameday 46 roster every week.

gmoney112

Reaction score
Dallas would've been a prime candidate to land someone like Ndamukong Suh, but their surprise deal for Michael Bennett eliminates the need for a D-lineman.

Ignoring the trade for a minute, y o y would getting Bennett eliminate the need for a DT?

I'd still be hunting for one, you never know who's going to be willing to get ripped off before the trade deadline. The bar for improvement and "security" at the position is just low enough we could basically crawl over it.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if Donovan Wilson and possibly, Darian Thompson turn out to be pleasant surprises.

Training camp in 2020 should prove very interesting in terms of seeing what's what with them. We shall see.

sideon

Reaction score
because if you use Jeff Heath correctly and not a full time starter, hes a better player.

we wont do that.
No, Heath is garbage and the Cowboys are stuck with him. Dallas fans always expect other teams to take the Dallas teams trash in exchange for their one of their best players, it's the classic Josh Howard for Kevin Garnett debate.

CB61

Reaction score
because if you use Jeff Heath correctly and not a full time starter, hes a better player.

we wont do that.
Then why don't we simply start Donovan Wilson I think he has more upside than he and live with the consequences? Use Heath in a part-time role?

kskboys

Reaction score
Then why don't we simply start Donovan Wilson I think he has more upside than he and live with the consequences? Use Heath in a part-time role?
S is one of the most diffiult positions to learn in the NFL.

ESisback

Reaction score
Heath is a captain and the vocal leader of the entire back end. Players like that don't usually get replaced in the middle of the season. If he were to get replaced it would be by someone from within who already knows the defense, not someone who has to learn it on the fly. I wish people would use their common sense before throwing out these trade ideas.

Common sense isn’t exactly the prevailing characteristic of these puff pieces. It’s manufactured drama for rating$.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Dallas would've been a prime candidate to land someone like Ndamukong Suh, but their surprise deal for Michael Bennett eliminates the need for a D-lineman.

Ignoring the trade for a minute, y o y would getting Bennett eliminate the need for a DT?

I'd still be hunting for one, you never know who's going to be willing to get ripped off before the trade deadline. The bar for improvement and "security" at the position is just low enough we could basically crawl over it.

1st for Vita Vea. Shore up middle of the line.