CBSportsline / Prisco's NFL Power Rankings

Reaction score
Man I wouldn't hold too much stock into what Prisco wrote because you can't tell what a team will do until the middle of season, where "the men are separated from the boys"...

txlonghorn14

Reaction score
i swear all Commanders fans do is whine and cry. wah wah wah poor us. SHADDUP! :skins:

Reaction score
Bizwah said:
I think it's worth remembering, but it was around the time we were 7-3 that BP's brother died.

He really seemed tired after that.

Listen, we had a lot of problems last season: move to 3-4, injuries, BP's personal problems, at one point starting five rookies.....but we still had an above .500 season.

Now, I'm far from satisfied, but I think considering all those problems (especially, the injury situation) we did OK.

I can't understand how Skins fans fail to realize that the second game wasn't a true measuring stick for our team. It was a beat up, tired team. The Commanders were riding high, and were a heckuva lot healthier than any other team in the NFC East.

It's not a stretch at all to see how we're going to be better than the Commanders. We get back a bunch of guys that were injured, five solid FAs, and three first day picks. Yet, all you Skins fans do is mention "35-7" and "Cooley scored three TDs" (of course, I'd probably do that too).

Open your eyes and see.....

As much as I was happy to see the skins kick the boys *** in person, I did understand they did have MANY injuries going into that game. But in football, you have to kick a man while he is down. Look at the Patriots, they always have the injury bug but luckily they play in a division that was not hungry. What I mean is that you have to take every advantage when your opponents don't have thier playmakers available OR their playmakers are not playing 100%. On top of that, every team gets thier *** handed to them at least once a season (unless your the 49ers). Hell, at least you guys scored a TD in your *** whoopin. We didn't even get a FG in the loss to the Giants.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
Cowboy Bill Watts said:
zaxor, appreciat the link and information.

i think prisco is off.

the addition of TO by itself does not elevate the cowboys to a super bowl contender. the OL is far too suspect/unproven for such an assumption. by contrast philly's OL when they added TO two years ago was much better than ours now. i'm fine w/the signing owens, but i'm not wearing rose-colored glasses over it...

You are more than welcome my friend

Cowchips

Reaction score
Gibbs II said:
Ok, but that would suggest more than your D would be in shambles. Your D did fair well injuries though. I did not mean to suggest the skins came out for every game as the NYG game would disprove and the Oakland game. I meant it over our 6 game win streak at the end of the season.

As for many games peplaw, as Dragon Cowboy.
"As for coming out flat, I'll admit we came out flat for many games"

You guys are toast. Brunnell hasn't put back to back healthy seasons ever. He is scheduled to go down during training camp :)

firehawk350

Reaction score
Bizwah said:
I can't understand how Skins fans fail to realize that the second game wasn't a true measuring stick for our team. It was a beat up, tired team. The Commanders were riding high, and were a heckuva lot healthier than any other team in the NFC East.

It's not a stretch at all to see how we're going to be better than the Commanders. We get back a bunch of guys that were injured, five solid FAs, and three first day picks. Yet, all you Skins fans do is mention "35-7" and "Cooley scored three TDs" (of course, I'd probably do that too).

Open your eyes and see.....

No "intelligent" Skins fan thinks that 35-7 was a good measuring stick. My bro is a cowboy's fan and even though he rubbed the Giants game in my face, I had to concede that this wasn't the way that game should have gone, 9 times out of 10.
But either way, I'm so sick of hearing you guys talk about how you are going to be better then the Skins this year. "A heathly Julius Jones" and "upgrades at O-line". Let's see what a heathly Julius Jones has done to the Commanders in the past... 1st game (12/26/2004) 22 attempts for 57 yards. 2nd game 22 attempts for 87 yards (not BAD per se, but not exactly what I'd call a bonafided threat) and 12 attempts for 79 yards (good on 12 attempts, but he broke one loose which has happened once in 3 games...). So overall, JJ has 223 yards on 56 attempts averaging 3.9 ypc and 74 yards/game. That's about average. He doesn't scare anybody. Also, you said JJ was just coming off an injury, yet that was the game he performed best. So maybe you should go and hit him in the shin before every Skins game.

the_h0wey

Reaction score
Wow I don't think the Fish, Jags, or Pats are better than us. The Pats and Jags have done almost nothing in free agency and if your team is not getting any better than it is usually ont he decline. JMO though.....

the_h0wey

Reaction score
firehawk350 said:
No "intelligent" Skins fan thinks that 35-7 was a good measuring stick. My bro is a cowboy's fan and even though he rubbed the Giants game in my face, I had to concede that this wasn't the way that game should have gone, 9 times out of 10.
But either way, I'm so sick of hearing you guys talk about how you are going to be better then the Skins this year. "A heathly Julius Jones" and "upgrades at O-line". Let's see what a heathly Julius Jones has done to the Commanders in the past... 1st game (12/26/2004) 22 attempts for 57 yards. 2nd game 22 attempts for 87 yards (not BAD per se, but not exactly what I'd call a bonafided threat) and 12 attempts for 79 yards (good on 12 attempts, but he broke one loose which has happened once in 3 games...). So overall, JJ has 223 yards on 56 attempts averaging 3.9 ypc and 74 yards/game. That's about average. He doesn't scare anybody. Also, you said JJ was just coming off an injury, yet that was the game he performed best. So maybe you should go and hit him in the shin before every Skins game.

Woh if your bro is a cowboy fan then you gotta be right...

superpunk

Reaction score
firehawk350 said:

You may, or may not be aware of this - but we play 16 games every year.:eek:

txlonghorn14

Reaction score
Cowchips said:
You guys are toast. Brunnell hasn't put back to back healthy seasons ever. He is scheduled to go down during training camp :)

mwwwaahahha brunell's a chump.

hooskins

Reaction score
I do understand why the Cowboys could be placed above the Skins, you guys have had some solid moves, plus TO helps. I just do not understand how the Eagles, Giants, and Dolphins can all be placed above the Skins. Some of his justifications are really bad too, like for Philly, it basically says "they are back"...i mean come on? As regards to the media bias thing, all fans think the media has some kind of bias towards their team. I have noticed that bc I am a member of several boards. However, I do feel, that the sports media isnt ready to accept the Skins, and that is understandable. We have played like crap the last 10-15 years, with the exception of last year, and with that kind of track record, why should one think the Skins will be any good, it makes last season seem like a fluke. Even though I think that the media should accept the Skins, they wont, and I understand that. This rating is def something I had expected, but am sure the Skins will prove it wrong this season.

Gamebreaker

Benched
Reaction score
Someone let me know when an off-season Power Rankings will ever be relevant to how things play out on the field. Until then...who cares?

superpunk

Reaction score
Gamebreaker said:
Someone let me know when an off-season Power Rankings will ever be relevant to how things play out on the field. Until then...who cares?

It's called something to discuss. It's the offseason, things are a bit dry right now.

Bizwah

Reaction score
firehawk350 said:

Wow, I suggest you find out some facts about Jones before you post.

I believe the second game vs the Skins was one of his first games back. And it wasn't his BEST game. His best game came the next week vs the Panthers when he rushed for 194 yards.

You have a point when you claim he hasn't done squat against the Skins. But remember.....We had a terribly beat up OL in the second game. If our OL stays healthy, the upgrade there alone should help.

We also have upgraded at WR. A healthy OL should be able to open holes. If you gang up to stop the run, you run the risk of Owens, Glenn, or Witten beating you.

So, you can see why we think we're better than you.

firehawk350

Reaction score
Bizwah said:
Wow, I suggest you find out some facts about Jones before you post.

What, did you not read what I wrote??? I clearly gave stats. What else do you want?

Bizwah said:
I believe the second game vs the Skins was one of his first games back. And it wasn't his BEST game. His best game came the next week vs the Panthers when he rushed for 194 yards.

Okay, why don't YOU look up some facts then. For the record, he played 5 games before the Skins game. He started 4 of them. So saying that this was his first game back, and he was recovering from an injury is a cop-out

Bizwah said:
You have a point when you claim he hasn't done squat against the Skins. But remember.....We had a terribly beat up OL in the second game. If our OL stays healthy, the upgrade there alone should help.

What about the first game? We stuffed him there too. He actually had his best day on your injured line.

Bizwah said:
We also have upgraded at WR. A healthy OL should be able to open holes. If you gang up to stop the run, you run the risk of Owens, Glenn, or Witten beating you.

So, you can see why we think we're better than you.

Okay let's look at this... You have one game that JJ gets over 100 and all of a sudden, people will be throwing 8 guys in the box to stop the run? No thanks, I will be pretty happy with my standard 6-7 in the box. The Boys running game doesn't scare anyone.
Your line is average at best which is a HORRIBLE combination for a glass RB who is better in open space then between the tackles and a QB who is a statue in the pocket. TO isnt much of a weapon then...
The Skins on the other hand, we have a good line, great RB and a good QB. A HUGE threat with Moss, complement to him with Patten, ARE and Lloyd. Good TE in Cooley. So you can see why we think we're better then you.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
firehawk350 said:
The Skins on the other hand, we have a good line, great RB and a good QB. A HUGE threat with Moss, complement to him with Patten, ARE and Lloyd. Good TE in Cooley. So you can see why we think we're better then you.

I have a feeling you are going to take your upcoming 7-9 season very hard

Also Bledsoe > Brunell

Witten > Cooley

TO > Moss

Glenn > Any of your other WRs

Dallas > indigenous people

:)

Bizwah

Reaction score
firehawk350 said:
What, did you not read what I wrote??? I clearly gave stats. What else do you want? [/QUOTE}

Stats don't tell the whole story.

If you knew anything about the Cowboys, then you would know that our OL was in shambles nearly from day one. And, I really don't care what happened two years ago. I guess I can point to our first three meetings with Portis, and claim that we had no problems shutting him down.

But he had a pretty good second game vs us didn't he?

Okay, why don't YOU look up some facts then. For the record, he played 5 games before the Skins game. He started 4 of them. So saying that this was his first game back, and he was recovering from an injury is a cop-out

Again, STATS do NOT tell the whole story. Jones started four games, but he had to share time with Barber due to his ankle not being 100%. It wasn't 100% all year.

And no......it wasn't a cop out....High ankle sprains are difficult to overcome. I never said it was his first game back (if I did, I certainly didn't mean it), I said he was just coming back.....and that's true....he was feeling his way back the last part of the year.

What about the first game? We stuffed him there too. He actually had his best day on your injured line.

Actually, his first game wasn't bad.....and as I've said, our OL had some problems all last year. We started the season banged up. That's why we look at the improvements on our OL and get excited. Rivera should be fully recovered....Adams will be back.....and we improve three-fold with Fabini at RT.

Okay let's look at this... You have one game that JJ gets over 100 and all of a sudden, people will be throwing 8 guys in the box to stop the run? No thanks, I will be pretty happy with my standard 6-7 in the box. The Boys running game doesn't scare anyone.

Fine with me.....and JJ to be sure. I bet you'll change your tune by the end of the year......

Wait....I'm sorry....Once we win a game, you Skins fans will run and hide. None of you had the guts to post here before last year.

Your line is average at best which is a HORRIBLE combination for a glass RB who is better in open space then between the tackles and a QB who is a statue in the pocket.

Yeah, this HORRIBLE OL helped Drew Bledsoe have one of the best passing seasons by ANY Qb in Dallas Cowboy history.

I can't wait to see what he'll do with an AVERAGE OL.

TO isnt much of a weapon then...

Statistically (we all know how you love those), our WRs were better than yours last year. And all that happened with our "Statue".

Yeah, TO's not gonna be a weapon. :confused:

The Skins on the other hand, we have a good line, great RB and a good QB.

Your OL and RBs are better than ours. But DB is better than Brunell, and our WRs are better than yours.

A HUGE threat with Moss, complement to him with Patten, ARE and Lloyd. Good TE in Cooley. So you can see why we think we're better then you.

I don't think anyone in the NFL is afraid of Patten, Lloyd, or ARE.

And I don't have a problem with you all thinking your better than us. You see the world through red and yellow sunglasses.

My problem lies with the fact that you all continue to point at the second game and say, "See we're sooooo much better than you.....How can adding five players elevate you guys above us when we were 28 points better?"

I'm simply pointing out those flaws.

Gibbs II

Reaction score
Bizwah said:
I don't think anyone in the NFL is afraid of Patten, Lloyd, or ARE.

. You see the world through red and yellow sunglasses.

Ask Cinci and the Seahawks if they are afraid of ARE, ask the Lions (who he returned a punt for a TD against), ask a lot of teams and they will say that they fear the big play possibility from ARE. For lloyd? ill give you the fact that he isnt the most consistant WR, but if you see the amazing catches he makes, you would fear what he can do. We got him to tap into that potential we see on those great one handed catches.

As for Patten... hes reeeeeeeel mean.

As for those sunglasses, they are burgandy and gold mofizzle.

EDIT: As for the O-line, I want to see the debate going, but I would just love to see your guys excuses if it still sucks/ JJ is bad/ Bledsoe gets sacked 100 times.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Gibbs II said:
Ask Cinci and the Seahawks if they are afraid of ARE, ask the Lions (who he returned a punt for a TD against), ask a lot of teams and they will say that they fear the big play possibility from ARE. For lloyd? ill give you the fact that he isnt the most consistant WR, but if you see the amazing catches he makes, you would fear what he can do. We got him to tap into that potential we see on those great one handed catches.
Called 'em up. Said they're not afraid. :cool: Seriously though, on many teams they're 3rd WRs. On Dallas they're probably 4th WR. Nothing to write home about.

Gibbs II

Reaction score
theogt said:
Called 'em up. Said they're not afraid. :cool: Seriously though, on many teams they're 3rd WRs. On Dallas they're probably 4th WR. Nothing to write home about.

They said similar things about Santana. I dont expect ARE to be the 2nd coming of Jesus, but if we paid him that much, I think we will get some value out of it.