CBZ40: A Moment Of Silence For Pops…

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
At 12:59PM EST, on Sunday September 13th, we will observe a moment of silence for CBZ40— most of you knew him as “Pops”.

For one minute the only thread available to those visiting the Cowboy Zone, will be this one.

This would have been Weldon’s 50th year as a fan of the Dallas Cowboys.

And while it might be cliché to call him a good family man and a loyal friend— the fact is he was.

In honor of Pops, the moderators and administrators of this forum have purchased a paver that reads:

star.gif

MORNING POPS!
COWBOYSZONE WILL
MISS YOU CBZ40!
WELDON PARKHILL​

The paver will help ensure that the memory of Weldon Parkhill will extend for many years to come.

A replica of the paver will be hand delivered to the family of “Pops” Weldon, thereby letting them know that CBZ’s other “family” will miss him also.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
http://i356.***BLOCKED***/albums/oo4/DallasEast1701/Cbz40flame.gif​

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Didn't really know you, but something tells me you were a great man, Pops.

Rest in Peace!

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;2931740 said:
At 12:59PM EST, on Sunday September 13th, we will observe a moment of silence for CBZ40— most of you knew him as “Pops”.

For one minute the only thread available to those visiting the Cowboy Zone, will be this one.

And while it might be cliché to call him a good family man and a loyal friend— the fact is he was.

In honor of Pops, the moderators and administrators of this forum have purchased a paver that reads:

star.gif

MORNING POPS!
COWBOYSZONE WILL
MISS YOU CBZ40!
WELDON PARKHILL​

The paver will help ensure that the memory of Weldon Parkhill will extend for many years to come.

A replica of the paver will be hand delivered to the family of “Pops” Weldon, thereby letting them know that CBZ’s other “family” will miss him also.
That is very nice of the staff. I hope someone will be able to get a picture of the paver for us that probably won't get a chance to go there anytime soon.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
JonJon;2931835 said:
That is very nice of the staff. I hope someone will be able to get a picture of the paver for us that probably won't get a chance to go there anytime soon.
The paver will be installed before the 2010 season. We'll make sure to let everyone know where it is.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Very classy. I wish we all could have got a chance to contribute.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
In honor of pops, no more play by play. Just not right without him.

vlad

Reaction score
I never knew him, but I know how much he contributed to buildling a community. Thank you for helping form such a great place.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
LeonDixson;2932199 said:
Very classy. I wish we all could have got a chance to contribute.
We've asked people to help with other pavers. We felt this one needed to be paid for by the staff, but it is from all of you. Make no mistake about it, it is from all of you to the Parkhill family in honor of Pops.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;2931740 said:

star.gif

MORNING POPS!
COWBOYSZONE WILL
MISS YOU CBZ40!
WELDON PARKHILL​

Well, all right... that seems like an eminently fitting tribute...

sbuscha

king****
Reaction score
Very class Cowboys Zone!!! I am proud to be a member here. You never cease to touch my heart...

Wulfman

Unofficial GM
Reaction score
From one old timer to another, Pops, you will be sorely missed!

God bless your family, and we know that you'll be looking down with Him through the roof for that first home game.