CBZ40: A Moment Of Silence For Pops…

Fmart322

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;2931740 said:
At 12:59PM EST, on Sunday September 13th, we will observe a moment of silence for CBZ40— most of you knew him as “Pops”.

For one minute the only thread available to those visiting the Cowboy Zone, will be this one.

This would have been Weldon’s 50th year as a fan of the Dallas Cowboys.

And while it might be cliché to call him a good family man and a loyal friend— the fact is he was.

In honor of Pops, the moderators and administrators of this forum have purchased a paver that reads:

star.gif

MORNING POPS!
COWBOYSZONE WILL
MISS YOU CBZ40!
WELDON PARKHILL​

The paver will help ensure that the memory of Weldon Parkhill will extend for many years to come.

A replica of the paver will be hand delivered to the family of “Pops” Weldon, thereby letting them know that CBZ’s other “family” will miss him also.

Nice touch dude.

Canadian BoyzFan

Reaction score
What a classy gesture guys. I'm proud to be a part of this community.

I didn't know him well, other than he was a great Cowboys fan and positive guy. I also know he was friend to many on this board and will be sorely missed. I won't be on on-line for this game as I'll be in Tampa to watch live. I will also be sure to take a quiet second to remember a great Cowboy fan.

justbob

Just taking it easy
Reaction score
Dang it Hos, I Can't see the screen again -something in my eye..Very nice touch and tribute mods. Not much to add but damn Cbz you are missed and thanks again for the class you brought to the zone...Although it is a great thread, Telling Juke good morning is just not the same as logging on and and you asking," how's the coffee.". A thanks to your family for the time they shared you with us...

Once again Mods --thanks for the paver --pure class

dougonthebench

Cowboys Forever
Reaction score
This moment of silence is one,if not the classiest thing I will ever participate in.This is one of the reasons I'm glad to be a Cowboys Fan!

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
Wow! Sorry to hear about his passing.

He was such a fixture on here. His avatar and sig were staples of this forum.

RIP.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Super job Mods. Pops deserved every bit of this tribute. Still missing ya Pops! Always will.

jubal

Reaction score
Thanks for thinking of doing it .
This is what family is about,and I'm proud to be of the Cowboys fandom.
Cowboys rule!!!!

Phrozen Phil

Reaction score
justbob;2933071 said:
Dang it Hos, I Can't see the screen again -something in my eye..Very nice touch and tribute mods. Not much to add but damn Cbz you are missed and thanks again for the class you brought to the zone...Although it is a great thread, Telling Juke good morning is just not the same as logging on and and you asking," how's the coffee.". A thanks to your family for the time they shared you with us...

Once again Mods --thanks for the paver --pure class

I echo the sentiment and will take a moment on Sunday. This is a First Class gesture mods. Thank You...

Warick

Reaction score
Hostile;2931885 said:
The paver will be installed before the 2010 season. We'll make sure to let everyone know where it is.

And I will be there with my camera, and gladly post the pictures here. Thats a very nice gesture on the part of the Admins, and Mods to purchase a paver.

RIP Pops.