CBZ40: A Moment Of Silence For Pops…

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Phrozen Phil;2939552 said:
He set the benchmark for conduct on this board, and I'll try and remember that when somebody cuts loose on me. I paused what I was doing today and thought of his family and how they were doing. Hos, from previous postings,I presume you may have had contact with them.(?) It would be nice to know that we think of him, and by extension, his family. In any event, the Paver will be a great tribute.
Yes, I have had contact with his daughter and his widow. I know they have to be quite touched by all of the members here who wrote in his tribute book. All of those who did were so gracious.

About a week ago someone from his family logged into his account and read stuff here. I don't know how much. I'm sure they didn't see everything. It is my sincere hope that through the tribute book on his obituary, the threads here, and the paver they will know that we Weldon was more than a friend to us here. The guy was genuinely admired and loved for his demeanor, tact, and humor.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
justbob;2938403 said:
I used to start my day with a cup of coffee and login on to the zone. Usually Pops would be one of the few people on and he would already have the articles posted. Our first post would usually be a comment about our morning coffee.
He was always positive and we would often comment on the game and laugh about the chicken littles on the board. I always knew that Cbz would be there in the morning and would be keeping a watchful eye on his yard. I was worried when I noticed he was missing days and finally asked him what was going on. He told me that he was having tests run.. Even then he wouldn't tell what kind and ask me not to tell anyone..I finally found out, first from another member and second Weldon told me about the cancer and that it wasn't operable. I pm several times and laughed about coffee, pea salad and Dr. Peppers. In one of our last pm he told me he was looking forward to the 4th of July and having bar bq tips, Pea salad and of course DPs......In every board there a person who makes you feel at home and like you belong..He makes it his place, but he welcomes everyone and takes care of them when they are there. I had a minute alone by myself today,not watching the game but thinking about a person I never met and the influence he had on me. Hopefully Pops, some of it wore off on us and we will all be better for it. But you can bet we will not forget you and that awful pea salad..God Bless you and your family

Thank you.

That says it all.

And you're right about his approach to his illness. He was one of those rare people ya mean who are casually courageous. No fanfare. No drama.

I still miss him and figure, I always will.

802dave

Reaction score
I'm very sorry to hear of Weldon's passing; I spent a lot of time conversing with him on the old DMN Cowboys forum before it went away. Very classy adding a paver for him; he certainly deserved it.