CBZ40: A Sad Bit of News For The Members Here... Cbz40

Silverstar

Reaction score
Very sad news...

I'm sure he was looking forward (as we all are), to this historic season and the team playing inside a new stadium. We should all count our blessings and be thankful every day, that we're here to enjoy everything this life has to offer.

"Pops" you will be missed.

R.I.P.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
That just blew me away. I cant even get past the 80th post.

Unreal. Ugh. I don't even know what to say. I don't show up for a week and this is the news that I walk into.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Everyone ..... do not forget the "Morning Pops" thread in the Daily Zone.

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
NewEraCowboy;2881837 said:
Gonna miss ya pops...

You youngins stay outta my yard!!

I'm remember "Pops" when he joined the DMN Boys forum crew way back when. He never had a bad thing to say about anyone and was always positive. I didn't know him personally but I always thought of him as a friend.

Rest well, Cbz40.

batman36

Reaction score
Pops,

I thought of you today while working amongst God's children. I wondered how you might have impacted the people nearest you.

I thought of you today as I listened to the latest Cowboys news, and imagined you would just take it all in stride.

I've thought of you often since getting the news of your passing, and wondered how could someone I never met, touch my soul as deeply as you have.

I thought of you today as I looked into the beautiful blue sky, laced with a silverey cloud, knowing those colors pleased you.

As I thought of you today, I figured you got to celebrate my mothers' birthday recently with her. Yes sir. She was a Cowboys fan as well.

I will think of you on some cold November morning and miss seeing your post's that were even keeled and fair.

If you are a member of Pop's family, thank you for sharing him with us, and may God continue to richly bless you!

POPS!, I thought of you today!:star: :star:

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
You will be missed, CBZ. God bless you and your family. What a great guy you were.

BeWare94

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;2881797 said:
Many of you have noticed that Cbz40 has not been online lately. You may have even noticed that the game day thread is dedicated to him.

I just learned a few minutes ago that Cbz40 has succumbed to lung cancer and passed away on July 31, 2009. He had not wanted me to tell many people about the illness. Only a few on here knew at all.

I talked to him just a couple of days before he died and he wanted me to know that he still planned to kick the cancer's ***.

His family has asked that anyone who wishes to express their condolences do so in the Memorial book attached to his obituary.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/themonitor/obituary.aspx?n=e-weldon-parkhill&pid=130701464

This site will be doing something to honor this great Cowboys fan who was a good friend to everyone on this site. His real name was Weldon Parkhill and he never missed a Dallas Cowboys game. He had seen every pre-season, regular season, and post season game the Cowboys have ever played. Tonight he's going to watch with Coach Landry, Tex, Harvey and Bullet among others.

We will let you know more about the tribute to him as plans unfold. Right now, this is brand new to this staff too.

E.WeldonParkhillJr.1_080109.jpg

E. WELDON PARKHILL, JR.

EDINBURG - E. Weldon Parkhill, Jr., 65, died Friday, July 31, 2009 at Edinburg Regional Medical Center.

Born in Denison, Texas, Mr. Parkhill had lived in Edinburg for the past 20 years.
He is preceded in death by his parents.

Mr. Parkhill is survived by his wife, Esmeralda Parkhill of Edinburg; five daughters, Rhonda Parkhill and Ida Alonzo, both of Weslaco, Esmer Balandran of Houston, Texas, Crystal Quintanlla and Roxann Quintanilla, both of Edinburg; seven grandchildren; two brothers, Jim Mauritzen, Bill Mauritzen; and two sisters, Cindy Hilburn and Brenda Gordon.

Cremation will take place at Val Verde Memorial Gardens in Donna.

Funeral services are under the direction of Memorial Funeral Home in Edinburg.

Sign the guest book at www.themonitor.com/obituaries

Godspeed CBZ40. Hopefully, you and Landry are watching the game together today...Rest In Peace.:raiders:

DoubleStar

Reaction score
Just joined and it sounds like this guy was a pretty special man! Sorry to hear about this...

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
:welcome: to the CowboysZone!!!
DoubleStar;3119284 said:
Just joined and it sounds like this guy was a pretty special man! Sorry to hear about this...
You have no idea.......

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
DoubleStar;3119284 said:

Yes he was. Thanks for the post and :welcome:

DoubleStar

Reaction score
Thanks!
If someone can have an impact on many on a message board, thats impressive!

phillycard

Reaction score
RIP. I'm a periodic visitor to this site, but I definitely recall him. I just want to give my condolences to his family and Cowboys nation for their loss. Keep your head up gang. It's going to be okay.