CBZ40: A Sad Bit of News For The Members Here... Cbz40

w8lifter

Reaction score
Im truly sorry to hear this, as lung cancer is a horrible way to die. I watched several of my family and friends die of it and none of them passed away quickly or painlessly.

Its the reason I quit smoking Dec 31, 1993 and got into bodybuilding. My doctor told me if I didn't quit smoking, I would be carrying around an oxygen tank. I immediately pictured my grandfather carrying around his tank the last few years of his life. That image of him scared me so bad, I got into w8lifting to help curb my urge to smoke. It was the only New Year's Resolution I ever kept.

His real name was Weldon Parkhill and he never missed a Dallas Cowboys game. He had seen every pre-season, regular season, and post season game the Cowboys have ever played. Tonight he's going to watch with Coach Landry, Tex, Harvey and Bullet among others.
THAT is remarkable!!!

He never missed a game in almost 50 years. WOW!!!!

THAT is a True Cowboys Fan!!!!!!!!!!!:bow:

RIP Amigo.:pray:

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
I always enjoyed cbz40's articles and thoughts. He always carried himself with character, honesty, openess, fair play and getting guys to be nice to each other on the cowboys boards. Will miss you my friend. I am sure that you will get to meet other cowboys fans up in heaven, and root the cowboys on.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
I haven't been here in a long while. This definitely isn't what I wanted to see.

RIP old guy! This place will never be the same.:starspin

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2886599 said:
I was wondering about that myself. I wouldn't have.

Yeah, me either. Great job Hos.

BTW, I hope you didn't mind me snagging your sig pic (well Juke's) it was just too awesome to pass up.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
THUMPER;2886619 said:

BTW, I hope you didn't mind me snagging your sig pic (well Juke's) it was just too awesome to pass up.

It's cool

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
The audio was pretty cool. I didn’t really know him personally but he seemed like a nice person that everyone respected. My thoughts go out to his friends and loved ones.

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
I didn't exchange but a reply or two with Cbz40 over the years, but the guy was First Class. He was always upbeat. You will be missed big guy. God bless the Parkhill family.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
THUMPER;2886619 said:

Not at all...anyone is welcome to it.

Ya know, knowing Cbz, he'd even let Commander fans in...well, maybe after giving them a bit of a hard time...

HighTechDave

7 Years of College Down the Drain
Reaction score
ok, I'm blown away by this.

all of you didn't know this, but Weldon was actually a Family friend of ours in Denison, Tx. He was neighbors and friends of my uncle, Dad, and grandfather. He was a musician and played with my Grandfather and uncle in his younger days. used to be over at their house all the time.

I just emailed my Uncle to let him know. I know this will be a big blow.

this is not what I wanted to read this morning. RIP

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
HighTechDave;2886941 said:
ok, I'm blown away by this.

all of you didn't know this, but Weldon was actually a Family friend of ours in Denison, Tx. He was neighbors and friends of my uncle, Dad, and grandfather. He was a musician and played with my Grandfather and uncle in his younger days. used to be over at their house all the time.

I just emailed my Uncle to let him know. I know this will be a big blow.

this is not what I wanted to read this morning. RIP

it would be great if you shared any memories you have of him.

Shake_Tiller

Reaction score
I've not been in a position to post anything since this sad news emerged. Very sad. This was a man who knew the truth of the words "A soft answer turns away wrath." His classy behavior was always a reminder of the need to check emotions, to consider carefully any urge to lash out. He was a man who knew, obviously, that all of these avatars, all of these nicknames -- there are people behind every one. There are people with hopes, dreams, responsibilities, loved ones.

In an Internet forum, it is easy to forget the flesh and the blood. It is easy to forget the need for civility. It is easy to forget there are men and women.

I didn't know this man at all, but I knew he had a big heart, and I knew he was a gentleman. He showed those characteristics, every day, in a forum in which it is so very, very easy to be otherwise.

His death leaves a hole that won't be replaced. I hope all of us keep him in mind any time we start to post something harsh or lacking in civility and grace.

That would be the ideal tribute.