Cbz40 Game Day Thread | 2ND QTR | Dallas Cowboys 19 New York Giants 6

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
Reality;3695158 said:
If Garrett really wanted to send a message, he would sit the whole team for the first half. In fact, if he was a really good coach, he would sit the coaching staff too for at least a quarter.

/sarcasm

*laughs at all the funny people*

-Reality

Hey, itt seems ridiculous to get up in arms about this stuff, but Garrett is the one who talked all week about responsibility and accountability. He's the one who talked about changing the culture. He's the one who installed the dress code. If he's not going to back up his talk, then what's the point?

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jimz31;3695179 said:
I wasn't aware that the entire team disrespected the HC by ignoring his rule....

Did you not watch the game last week? The players should have anticipated there would be a new head coach and their play last week in Green Bay disrespected Garrett's impending promotion and rules.

-Reality

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
Reality;3695198 said:
Nah, if he was a really good coach, he'd make Barber drive the bus to the stadium.

-Reality

Seriously, is there anything that JG should have done regarding playing time at all?

jgboys1

Reaction score
khiladi;3695199 said:
Looks like they went zone on that play, which is good, but it was a 3rd and long. The problem though is the defense isn't getting any pressure.
They should be. The giant O-line is a M.A.S.H unit.

khiladi

Reaction score
StylisticS;3695196 said:
I think the effort is much better and that's good enough progress to me. They actually care as professionals at least in this quarter.

The defense played the first quarter well against Green Bay as well... They held them scoreless until the 2nd quarter, but the offense kept giving the ball back...

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Love the new COD Black Ops commercial.

There is a soldier inside all of us. :laugh2:

Cept Mike Jenkins

PBJTime

Semper Fidelis
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;3695190 said:
So what could be the story? "My dog ate my suit"?
Who knows? I unknowingly put my cammie blouse in some wet dog poo (from my sick dog) as I was getting ready to go to work one morning when in the Marines. It was either throw on my PT gear or be late (which is a huge deal in the military). I showed up to work out of uniform and they cut me some slack. Strange things happen and sometimes people deserve some leniency.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cajuncowboy;3695181 said:
I see. So rules don't really matter.
:rolleyes:

It's the FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTT game as head coach for Garrett .. at least give him OOONNNEEE game to implement and enforce rules..

Geez people .. I know everyone's ticked but at least give him ONE game.

-Reality

Picksix

A Work in Progress
Reaction score
Cover 2;3695201 said:
Breaking dress code on the flight.

Allegedly. Just because Steve Dennis reported it doesn't make it so. I think it's safe to say none of really know what happened, or how it was/will be handled?

But by all means, continue.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
1st and 10

Just under 5 mins left in the 1st.

Cowboys come out with 2 TEs.

Kitna back quidk stop pass Jones on a mini slant 3 yards.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
Reality;3695208 said:
Did you not watch the game last week? The players should have anticipated there would be a new head coach and their play last week in Green Bay disrespected Garrett's impending promotion and rules.

-Reality

Totally understand your point there....

However, this is a recent issue with one player where something was laid at his feet to show that all of his talk this week was more than just "talk".

I'll be interested to see what JG says about this because I am sure he will be asked about it.

khiladi

Reaction score
jgboys1;3695210 said:
They should be. The giant O-line is a M.A.S.H unit.

Like I said... they run a great play-action... I've been hounding on this all year. Garrett can't keep using the excuse of the OL not being healthy, when other teams keep doing their thing, despite not being healthy. More play-action should help this OL...

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
1st and 10

I formation, Kitna deep caught BRYANT NEAR THE 10 YARD LINE. OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG.

links18

Reaction score
Dallas;3695212 said:
Love the new COD Black Ops commercial.

There is a soldier inside all of us. :laugh2:

Cept Mike Jenkins

Death and Destruction.