Cbz40 Game Day Thread | Dallas Cowboys 27 Washington Commanders 24 | F/OT

realtick

Benched
Reaction score
I say we force a ball to Robinson on a 9-yard out pattern. The Commanders will never see that coming....:rolleyes:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If the Cowboys don't end up beating this crappy skins team on the road good luck beating the Giants on the road in the season finale with a playoff birth on the line.

Gaede

Reaction score
Nav22;4255737 said:
FOX guys *****ing because we "aren't running the ball". Murray and Felix combined for FIFTEEN carries in the 1st half.

Do these idiots even watch the games? Shoot, at least glance at a box score.

Yeah they are watching.

We do need to run the ball. Continue running the ball until it works. And it will. The biggest problem I see on offense is that when our run doesn't work, we essentially give up on it and become entirely one dimensional. Sometimes 3 yard gains aren't a bad thing. Especially when your QB is getting tons of pressure everytime he drops back and he has multiple receivers with no idea of where they are supposed to start their route and end their route

Running takes patience, and the running game requires a patient playcaller

gbrittain

Reaction score
KJJ;4255748 said:
Some may be overreacting to the first half but let's face it so far the Cowboys have not looked impressive against a bad Commander team that's on a 5 game losing streak. If the Cowboys lose this game they're going to be in an uphill battle to secure a playoff spot.

At this point and a loss to the Commanders I am not sure playoffs should even be a consideration. I would be willing to admit this season is about a lot of things but it aint about going to the playoffs. Of course that is as a fan...the players on the other hand better get to steppin.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
MegaMagick;4255725 said:
Rex Grossman makes the Skins a different team, he gives them a chance to win football games. Of course he can be a turnover machine at times too, but so can Romo and a lot of other QBs.

Mike Shannahan posts at CZ now? ;)

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Real1st;4255741 said:
They need to stop the bleeding. Commanders have the momentum. They have confidence they can move the ball. They get the ball in the 2nd Half.

If we keep giving them the ball on our side of the 50, they can move the ball. The short field killed us at the end of the half.

Kilyin

Reaction score
Unless Fiametta calls the plays to Romo in the huddle, there is definitely something going on here. Commanders have us figured out again, or Romo is just having another one of his REALLY bad games.

Also, die McBriar for that 23 yard punt.

cml750

Reaction score
Real1st;4255757 said:
The execution on offense needs to get better or we aren't dominating nothing.

Romo and the receivers need to get on the same page!!!!!

baj1dallas

Reaction score
Gaede;4255734 said:
I really hope someone kicks some *** in that locker room.

The guys seem like they're sleeping out there. I want to see someone make a play and get these guys charged up again.

Unless Tony Fiametta is the one kicking tail than it won't matter. No run game, no time to pass makes it too easy for Grossman.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Choice told Shanahan all the stuff Dallas was going to do.

catskillthunder

Reaction score
Run the ball, get the ball to Witten a couple times and Ware has to step up and put some pressure on Grossman

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Gaede;4255761 said:
Yeah they are watching.

We do need to run the ball. Continue running the ball until it works. And it will. The biggest problem I see on offense is that when our run doesn't work, we essentially give up on it and become entirely one dimensional. Sometimes 3 yard gains aren't a bad thing. Especially when your QB is getting tons of pressure everytime he drops back.

Running takes patience, and the running game requires a patient playcaller
They weren't even getting three yards in the second half.

MegaMagick

Reaction score
This offense needs to get in some sort of rhythm, Romo's just dropping back in the shotgun waiting for plays to develop down field.

Garrett is really overrated as a offensive coordinator/playcaller, and he's not even that great of a coach. I don't see why he's here.

Ren

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4255729 said:
I think we dominate the second half.

No doubt we can, question is will we?

You can't just turn it on after you come out flat like this

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Pretty much the kind of tough game i expected. I just didn't expect the Skins to be able to punch it in the end zone for 2 TDs.

The offense needs to put some drives together. For the most part, I think the Skins D is winning that battle.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I used to be disappointed that certain posters would avoid the gameday threads like the plague. They could interject some commonsense into the weekly chaos, but really? Would it matter?

No it would not and that's sad.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Better find a way to come back and win, even if it's by a Point. The Skins always get up for Dallas no matter what their record is. We Need this win and to keep winning to stay on track with the Giants.

WAKE UP COWBOYS!

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
Kilyin;4255767 said:
Unless Fiametta calls the plays to Romo in the huddle, there is definitely something going on here. Commanders have us figured out again, or Romo is just having another one of his REALLY bad games.

Also, die McBriar for that 30 yard punt.

The execution just isn't good. Nobody is in-sync