Cbz40 Post Game Day Thread | Dallas Cowboys 13 Arizona Cardinals 19 | FINAL/OT

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
The Panch;4287248 said:
Outside of their win vs. NE, the Giants are no different from us. Both teams would get lit up in the playoffs.

Oh yay, more acceptence of mediocrity.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
windward;4287326 said:
Would we have won if Garrett not called the TO? Because I suspect that is what is fueling this rage.

Any given Sunday. Weird stuff happens.

Regardless, the team is 7-5. Based on their talent level, that's about right. We have some significant liabilities that keep us from elite status. No use blowing a gasket over it.

Oh, I forgot. I'm supposed to be happy because we are where some fans expected us to be at this point in the season. Sillt me.

I swear, the length this fanbase will go to excuse our play is baffling.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4288923 said:
Oh, I forgot. I'm supposed to be happy because we are where some fans expected us to be at this point in the season. Sillt me.

I swear, the length this fanbase will go to excuse our play is baffling.
Where the hell did I say you should be happy? It's not my fault you can't control your emotions when we lose.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
windward;4289101 said:
Where the hell did I say you should be happy? It's not my fault you can't control your emotions when we lose.

It has nothing to do with controlling anything, many fans are more upset than me and many less so. The issue is some refusing to acknowledge a complete and total failure simply because they didnt expect any better.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4289143 said:
It has nothing to do with controlling anything, many fans are more upset than me and many less so. The issue is some refusing to acknowledge a complete and total failure simply because they didnt expect any better.
I acknowledge that today's loss sucked. Yeah, it was a failure if you want to call it that. We wasted an opportunity today to create some distance between us and the Giants

I'm not going to say outlandish things that this game cost us our division, we should fire Garrett now, etc...

You'd have to have little control over your emotions to say such things.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
windward;4289178 said:
I acknowledge that today's loss sucked. Yeah, it was a failure if you want to call it that. We wasted an opportunity today to create some distance between us and the Giants

I'm not going to say outlandish things that this game cost us our division, we should fire Garrett now, etc...

You'd have to have little control over your emotions to say such things.

The last three games is a pretty damning indicment of our players and coaches, today just finally showed that the these last few games wasnt simply an anomaly. This is the Cowboys, and it isnt very pretty more often than not.

And today may very well have cost us a major tiebreaker in the division race.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4289189 said:
The last three games is a pretty damning indicment of our players and coaches, today just finally showed that the these last few games wasnt simply an anomaly. This is the Cowboys, and it isnt very pretty more often than not.

It might have. it might not have.

We will see on Sunday.

yimyammer

Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4289189 said:

Hey 30 Yard, I'm a pretty frustrated fan as well but I cant help but wonder how you watch the games, everything they do seems to make you miserable, when's the last time you enjoyed a Cowboy game from start to finish and been happy with their performance?

Serious question, I'm wondering if you're a long time fan like myself that saw how they played in the glory days of Landry and the 90's. I think those 90's teams set such a high standard and the fact that I saw every game, makes most of the teams Dallas has put together look pretty crappy when held to that standard. Two games in 2007 made me feel they really had something special, the Chicago game and the Philly game where Witten ran without his helmet. Unfortunately, those guys simmered down by the end of the year and never seem to be able to reach those levels again

I've gotten to the point of thinking the league is so different now with free agency and the salary cap, that I'll never see a Cowboy team perform like that again. Granted, some teams seem to know how to team build and thrive under the new rules, but I'm not sure Jerry knows how to excel under this system. He's a wildcatter with a ton of $$ that doesn't mind gambling, problem is, that'l get you killed in this era, unless of course he strikes gold. Things seem better at Valley Ranch than they've been in years, but they still seem to lack something that gives a team a consistent edge.

I'm starting to wonder if carrying the mantle of America's Team is too much of a burden for a team restricted by a salary cap and free agency to carry. It's tough to have every team playing you like its their Super Bowl when you can't stockpile a roster with superior talent. That's an extra hump this team has to get over every week and I'm not sure what they can do about it.

The Panch

Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4289005 said:
If it were realization you wouldnt be comforted by it.
Quit crying. Nobody's comforted by anything. The Giants simply arent a better team than we are.

If you cant understand that that's Im trying to point that out, get your head checked.