CD Lamb's next contract

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m signing CD and Parsons, trade Dak and let’s roll with Lance. I like Dak a lot but I’m willing to go with something new. Could we really be that much worse come playoff time?
No. I mean, we might not even make the playoffs if we end up with worse QB play but we can't win in the postseason now anyway.

You risk nothing moving on from Prescott.

John813

Reaction score
Tyreek's Hill 5th year base was extremely bloated. Unlikely even with his restructures he ever plays that 5th year without an extension.

So, if CDL want's 30mil a year and the last year as nothing more than a bragging rights for AAV, then fine with me.
It's basically a 25mil AAV contract with a "void" year to inflate it.

Havic

Reaction score
No. I mean, we might not even make the playoffs if we end up with worse QB play but we can't win in the postseason now anyway.

You risk nothing moving on from Prescott.

For real. He had what 8 years now to prove himself in the playoffs? Dude has reached his ceiling and it’s time to move on imo

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
Playoff time against a tough opponent he folds like a lawn chair making him the perfect Cowboys player.

Sandyf

Reaction score
Simply amazing how some fans want us to get rid of every high priced player and replace them with young cheaper version that are rarely as good. Seems like they want us to be 5-12 every year.

Football is a business like it or not. If you want to win, you build a good core and pay them as long as they are productive and keep looking for better.

I don't want to be the JETS always looking for a QB or signing 40 year guy. I want some special guys on defense that are game changers like Parsons and Diggs. I want that big 3 on offense (QB, WR, RB) and then solid OL and solid DL.

Just because Jerry and Stephen have very little clue how negotiations real work with people (they do great with non people contracts) doesn't mean we need to start over every other year.

Like it or not, Dak is a top 10 QB, Lamb is a top 5 WR, and Parsons is a top 2 defensive player. Would be stupid to get rid of them, absolutely stupid.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Between Prescott, Parsons and Lamb, they better get a lot better at turning mid round draft picks into stud starters that can play immediately.

Or maybe get yourself a staff that’s capable of out scheming the opponent as opposed to the opposite.

They love their stars, and winning football seems quite far into the distance. But hey I didn’t play guard for Arkansas 647 years ago, so what do I know?

doomsday808

Reaction score
Lamb will threaten to sit out this upcoming season. Jerry will fold and sign him to a $1billion contract. $999,999,999 in guaranteed money and call it a win win contract.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Cowboys will screw around like they did before and not extend him now.

Instead they will wait for next year when Jerry can outbid himself.
Not sure it’s the Cowboys screwing around, it’s trying to get both sides to agree. I would think CeeDee would like to sign now after a franchise record breaking season. It’s going to be hard for him to top this season and a down year next season could lover his value. It’s going to come down to how much he’s asking for.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Jerry will trade him to the niners to get his 4th round pick back

JBS

Reaction score
Cowboys will screw around like they did before and not extend him now.

Instead they will wait for next year when Jerry can outbid himself.
You do understand there is no incentive for lamb to sign this year right ? More and more players are refusing to sign early bc there is hardly any advantage at all. You can’t sign lamb unless he agrees to sign. And there is very minimal amount of incentive for him to do so. It’s not that complicated.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So do you think Dallas picks up the 5th year option or re-sign him this off season? And would his contract be more than Hill's who got 4 years for 120 million?
I think CD is going to take a page from Zeke and head to Cabo during training camp. See ya when I get a new contract.

Adiba1977

Reaction score
You do understand there is no incentive for lamb to sign this year right ? More and more players are refusing to sign early bc there is hardly any advantage at all. You can’t sign lamb unless he agrees to sign. And there is very minimal amount of incentive for him to do so. It’s not that complicated.
Injury. He wants a long term deal. He’s gonna sit out till gets it.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
I’m signing CD and Parsons, trade Dak and let’s roll with Lance. I like Dak a lot but I’m willing to go with something new. Could we really be that much worse come playoff time?
Not unless they draft a QB high. I'm all for having young talent compete for the job, but there's no way you give Lance the starting gig without earning it. Elite talent, but he needs to prove he can do it.