CD Lamb's next contract

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
So do you think Dallas picks up the 5th year option or re-sign him this off season? And would his contract be more than Hill's who got 4 years for 120 million?
Since it is not me money, $92 million for 4 years.
And Lamb is no Hill.

ColoradoCowboy

Reaction score
Lamb caught 9 passes out of 18 targets in the biggest game of the year. No other player in that game failed to catch more than 2 passes thrown their way. This was NOT a fluke either if you look at his stats for other games as well.

Is he a good player? Sure. Is he a transcendent talent? No.

Sorry, I'd try to resign him, but I'm just not interested in breaking the bank for him.

Zman5

Reaction score
Does his mommy think the Cowboys and Jones boys are 'it'? His mommy might not allow him to sign with the Cowboys.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
i hope dak doesn't go crying to Jerry like he did with the other WRs. If he does, the lamb is gone too. Why can't wr's play with the dakie?

JBS

Reaction score
Injury. He wants a long term deal. He’s gonna sit out till gets it.
Actually he’s in his final year. I got his status mixed up. Yeah; he’s ready to sign now. He will get the maximum bc he waited. Parsons will do the same and wait.

jwitten82

Reaction score
You do understand there is no incentive for lamb to sign this year right ? More and more players are refusing to sign early bc there is hardly any advantage at all. You can’t sign lamb unless he agrees to sign. And there is very minimal amount of incentive for him to do so. It’s not that complicated.
Wouldn't it make more sense for him to sign this year? There's chances of injury or even if Dak gets injured then that will affect his production. He just had 135 catches and 1749 yards and 12td. This year was crazy for him and I doubt he ever tops this type of year, not because he isn't good but it's just rare

JBS

Reaction score
Wouldn't it make more sense for him to sign this year? There's chances of injury or even if Dak gets injured then that will affect his production. He just had 135 and 1749 yards and 12td. This year was crazy for him and I doubt he ever tops this type of year, not because he isn't good but it's just rare
For lamb absolutely. He will sign this year. Got his contract status mixed up. Parsons will wait.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Lamb caught 9 passes out of 18 targets in the biggest game of the year. No other player in that game failed to catch more than 2 passes thrown their way. This was NOT a fluke either if you look at his stats for other games as well.

Is he a good player? Sure. Is he a transcendent talent? No.

Sorry, I'd try to resign him, but I'm just not interested in breaking the bank for him.

:facepalm: :laugh:

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
We don't have any Space. Contracts need to be reworked, and players possibly released to sign our best players. You can't just let them go. Parsons would go right to the Eagles and that's the last thing this team needs.

Robster8989

Reaction score
Didn't they already pick up the 5th year option? He's scheduled to count 17.9M next year. That's not part of his rookie deal.
Correct, that is his 5th year option that was already excercized, at 17.9.
We can actually lower that hit by signing him to an extension, we can structure it in a way that his first year cap hit is reduced.
For example, if we signed him to a 5 year, 150 deal, with 30 mil signing bonus, he does NOT cost 30 in cap space in year 1.
We could structre it for him to count as little as 7 (doubt we'd go that low but we could). That could get us as much as 11 mil in gained cap space.
Also, since he is so young, we can expect him to remain productive for the term of his deal, so his contract will become a restructure target each year when we need to fee up space, turning salary into signing bonus and lowering his hit.
I'm expecting something like 5 years, 150. We'd actually be lucky with that.
While I agree that Hill is slightly above CeeDee IMO, and his deal is 30APY, agents look at things differently.
An agent says Hill's deal was signed 2 years ago, and the cap was lower, so we want the same % of the cap that Hill got, which is likely more like 35 in today's money. I'm not saying I agree, just that that is how agent's reason. So I think we'd be fortunate with CeeDee at 5/150. Jefferson and Chase's new deals will only reset the market, better to get CeeDee done now if we can.

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
Lamb is a spectacular WR. He could lead the league with a better QB. Lamb might be the only player on offense that scares opposing teams and the only one defensives have to scheme for.

WR1 would be an immediate and urgent need the moment Lamb leaves. Beware senile old men shopping for WR's. Hide those first round picks where you hide the car keys.

Kwyn

Reaction score
So do you think Dallas picks up the 5th year option or re-sign him this off season? And would his contract be more than Hill's who got 4 years for 120 million?
Check this out. Can you imagine if one of the Cowboys said this?

jwitten82

Reaction score
Check this out. Can you imagine if one of the Cowboys said this?

Yea, that's wild, he's talented but idk if he should've said that out loud. But can you imagine if the Chiefs end up signing him?

Creeper

Reaction score
I am still curious to see if Lamb is willing to sign an extension. He may want to go to free agency. Based on his mom's tweets, and his lack of commentary, I wonder if he wants to stay in Dallas.

If he is willing to sign an extension it will not shock me if he asks for $30 million, The problem with these deals is they are usually back loaded so his CAP impact in the 4th year will be well above what Dallas can afford. Look at Dak's. He signed for $40 million but his final year CAP number is almost $60 million. If CeeDee signs for $30 then in a few years his CAP number will be close to $50 million. Dak, if he signs a $60 million extension will have a CAP number approaching $90 million. How can the Cowboys pay that much for 2 players - and Micah right behind them? It is unsustainable. The CAP would have to reach $350 million! The owners will not allow that to happen over the next 4 or 5 years so the Cowboys appear to have a problem.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Not sure it’s the Cowboys screwing around, it’s trying to get both sides to agree. I would think CeeDee would like to sign now after a franchise record breaking season. It’s going to be hard for him to top this season and a down year next season could lover his value. It’s going to come down to how much he’s asking for.
I could be wrong but I think they're all waiting for jamar chase and Justin jefferson's deals to go through... Or did I miss something so they're playing volleyball with this stall tactics and whatnot everyone keeps blaming the Joneses every time I come in here everything is a baster Joneses are doing things different no other teams have had to do this including having to get rid of a player like hill so those saying that it can't happen and it would be dumb to let it happen other teams have let go of their star wide receivers and players because they couldn't agree on a contract that was good for both sides...

But this is the new NFL this is the new game the game is sometimes players are waiting for other players to get their contract so they can one up them they want someone else to set the new market so they can even get more money this is agents playing games this is not the Cowboys and the Jones family anyone even thinks way back in 2018 they could have signed Prescott to some cheap *** deal and his agent wouldn't have allowed it to be somehow friendly to them like make it up in three years and we'd have been in the same spot anyway they were not going to sign a long term cheap deal everyone who keeps thinking that obviously thinks the Jones family likes to overpay and likes to wait they don't know what goes on behind closed doors dealing with agents and lawyers and the players themselves with big egos it's a back and forth thing negotiations take time...​

blueblood70

Reaction score
Yea, that's wild, he's talented but idk if he should've said that out loud. But can you imagine if the Chiefs end up signing him?
Yeah but we all know that the agents and the players all think it whether they say it or not.... The new NFL is get what you can get because the loyalty from both sides is not gonna stand somebody's gonna cut someone's knees out eventually...

I think jamar chase and Justin Jefferson are in a different situation than CD lamb..

They have guys on the Vikings that show they can have some talent at wide receiver outside of Jefferson and T Higgins I mean he may not be jamar chase but he's pretty close the Cowboys don't have a number two guy a young guy in the wings that can bridge the gap to a draft pick....

So playing hardball jamar chase Justin Jefferson just like hill and Kansas City eventually left it can happen but I don't think CD lands in the same spot he has a little bit more leverage because I don't think Cowboys have a options outside of him at this point.....