Twitter: Cedrick Wilson and Antwaun Woods tendered

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Another year of Woods as our starting 1T. Joy.

That's possible, but hopefully not. He's a good depth player who has been thrust into a starting role. However, I will not be surprised if we don't sign an FA to start ahead of him. We'll probably rely on any upgrade coming through the draft.

Not saying I'm for that. I think we need to upgrade both DT spots.

Sydla

Reaction score
In their defense they didn't want him to start. They gave other guys plenty of chances to start and none of them took it.

They have a chance to rectify it. Sign a real DT in FA and not tender Woods, who is a JAG.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Woods was not drafted so that only gives them right to match if some other team signed him. Wilson would be tied to a 6th round pick.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Heck, I'm wondering how Woods is feeling starting for 3 years and getting peanuts... while Poe comes in for a BBQ plate and is gone, but probably made way more money than Woods.

Like the two signings, glad Wilson is back for sure, and Woods hopefully will be a solid backup this season, finally.

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
Exactly. People will say oh it’s only 2MM, but save that 2 million and add it to a few million more and you can get a better player.

This team just loves cheap JAGs on defense.

Not so much a matter of like but more out of necessity once you have 50% of the cap going to maybe eight players. Gotta sign and pay the other forty five too.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Exactly. People will say oh it’s only 2MM, but save that 2 million and add it to a few million more and you can get a better player.

This team just loves cheap JAGs on defense.

I don't understand. How does tendering Antawn Woods stop you from trading for Brown? Two million is nothing. If the Cowboys needed 2 million they can make certain roster moves to get 2 million. You get a solid rotational veteran for 2 million who's familiar with your defense? I see no issue with it. I'd love to just start over on defense but I don't know if that's realistic.