Twitter: Cedrick Wilson and Antwaun Woods tendered

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
That’s quite a spin on my comments. My point is they’d be better off saving the 2 million and use it sign a real 1T and then hit the bargain bin or draft for depth.

If you think I am making excuses for the front office e you haven’t been paying attention.

$2M is $2M.

We can sign a league minimum 1Tech can get similar production.

$2M?

That can be the difference between a nothing-signing like HaHa Clinton-Dix ($3.75M) and someone who might actually make the roster and you know, help the Defense.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
That’s quite a spin on my comments. My point is they’d be better off saving the 2 million and use it sign a real 1T and then hit the bargain bin or draft for depth.

If you think I am making excuses for the front office e you haven’t been paying attention.

It sounds good in theory but 2 million is nothing. What I'm saying is they aren't missing out on Tomlinson because they spent 2 million on Woods. Or 2 million on anyone else. If you want the player you get it done. And I guess that's my issue. Woods is not stopping anyone from getting signed. This front office is being inept because this is what they do. They've shown us time and time again no matter how much money they have this is what they will do.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
$2M is $2M.

We can sign a league minimum 1Tech can get similar production.

$2M?

That can be the difference between a nothing-signing like HaHa Clinton-Dix ($3.75M) and someone who might actually make the roster and you know, help the Defense.
2 more million than Haha will get you a Nolan Carroll or Cedric Thornton. This is completely the wrong price to even be in if you are looking for players to contribute at a high level.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
So you recommend they do what? This is free agency. Free agency is full of guys other teams don’t want.

And free agency is full of teams who want guys other teams don’t want.

Can’t keep them all under the cap.

Cowboys sign a FA and the fan base goes crazy. And then someone throws out the Mickey quote ‘if he’s so good, why is he available?’

Unfortunately for Cowboy fans, the Cowboys seem to keep many players who should be gone (case in point - Crawford, Lawrence, Jaylon Smith).

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
What have you seen that suggests to you that they plan on upgrading the 1T spot with a much better player? The closest they came to that was signing Poe last year but he was an older vet on a short term contract. They hit the bargain bin on Paea a couple years ago too and he burned out just like Poe.

So at this point, they keep bringing back Woods and ignoring upgrading the 1T position with a truly good prospect. Why should we expect something different?

Poe and McCoy were both something different. Guys we signed for multiple years for decent money, instead of the usual 1 year el cheapo rental. And we drafted Gallimore.

More than we've done at DT in forever.

J-man

Reaction score
Wilson is a decent back up but nothing more. He is the definition of a JAG and I wouldn't waste any $ to bring him back. Maybe you keep him or Noah Brown, but not both. Not when they can be easily replaced in the draft for far less $.

Woods is decent and is a good rotational player to pair with whomever else we get via FA or in the draft. But an upgrade is absolutely needed.