Cedrick Wilson looked good

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
I think Wilson makes the 53 pretty easily. He was under-drafted coming out of Boise IMO and he's already showing some real chops in his first NFL action.

What I think happens is we put him on the 53, stash him as the WR5 for a season, then give him a fair shot to be a starter in 2020 once Cobb leaves and pending any Cooper drama.

Rayman70

Reaction score
only reason we have Tavon is didn't we trade for him? PLUS...he's real fast and can play special teams. If it weren't for those things, he wouldn't be here.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
what i don't get is Brown continues to be very under developed as a receiver, because he's missed an massive amount of time again for the 2nd year in a row,... and he's still a likely
53 roster WR as Stephen Jones has pointed out ? Why?

and what is going with his lingering issues with his wheels again ( hamstring in 2018, and now a scoped knee in 2019) but they like his size and physical traits so much that he's an automatic keeper
without even having to compete for a roster spot in 2019?

Maybe Brown isn't underdeveloped as a WR. Maybe he's undertalented as a WR.

To cut Brown some potential slack, he was drafted in 2017, before the league figured out that Dak isn't a guy who is going to be throwing high point balls to WRs. He throws to guys who run routes and get separation. Brown was supposed to be the former, and not the latter. Same with Rico. Rico never developed under Dak either, although I still remember reports that Romo+Rico were unstoppable on the scout team. Whether it's Dak or Brown, we don't get production out of the pair, and Dak isn't going anywhere soon.

As for injuries to Brown, how long are you supposed to last as WR trying to block LBs in the run game?

I don't think Brown is an automatic keeper. I expect him to be cut. At best he's competing for the 6th WR spot, as Wilson has shown actual value as a WR.

Last edited:

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
only reason we have Tavon is didn't we trade for him? PLUS...he's real fast and can play special teams. If it weren't for those things, he wouldn't be here.
He is the best punt returner.

He is a good player for what they're paying him (1.75M).

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
While Pollard/Wilson are not on the level of Brown as blockers, they could have more impact on pushing him off the roster than WRs like Jon'Vea Johnson.

Add Olawale to the list of guys diminishing the value of Brown.

Olawale/Pollard/Wilson all give you a triple threat of run/block/catch to varying degrees.

Brown is a teeny tiny blocking TE, offering nothing as a runner and nothing we've seen as a WR.

As it stands, I don't think he's competing with Johnson as much as other positions. We've got more valuable players at other positions to spend a roster spot on than either of them.

I think we're going with 5 WRs. We've got 3 quasi WRs in Olawale, Pollard, and Jarwin. I like the top 5. That's enough. It's actually a lot. A 6th WR has to really be too good to let go for us to keep him. Being a guy we can use for something just isn't enough.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

Austin is a fantastic fit to our base offense as a complement to Zeke. Jet sweep and deep balls. Two threats that take the heat off Zeke.

His yards per touch/target were great last year for both run and catch.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I think Wilson makes the 53 pretty easily. He was under-drafted coming out of Boise IMO and he's already showing some real chops in his first NFL action.

What I think happens is we put him on the 53, stash him as the WR5 for a season, then give him a fair shot to be a starter in 2020 once Cobb leaves and pending any Cooper drama.

I expect that Wilson will get some red zone play this year. Supposed to be smarter and with a bigger catch radius than Gallup. Also, gives some blocking as a WR.

He's probably our most natural post up WR. That should get him on the field.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Add Olawale to the list of guys diminishing the value of Brown.

Olawale/Pollard/Wilson all give you a triple threat of run/block/catch to varying degrees.

Brown is a teeny tiny blocking TE, offering nothing as a runner and nothing we've seen as a WR.

As it stands, I don't think he's competing with Johnson as much as other positions. We've got more valuable players at other positions to spend a roster spot on than either of them.

I think we're going with 5 WRs. We've got 3 quasi WRs in Olawale, Pollard, and Jarwin. I like the top 5. That's enough. It's actually a lot. A 6th WR has to really be too good to let go for us to keep him. Being a guy we can use for something just isn't enough.
I'm bored of your no game study based opinion on this topic. You just keep repeating the same thing in different ways. Move on.

Mannix

Reaction score
------I love when people brag about being right ... after a preseason game

Do some fact checking....I was talking him up last year and posting videos.

Verdict

Reaction score
I do to but this idiot coaching staff has a woody for Noah because he’s a decent blocker

I like jonvay ability to run routes he’s crisp and he gets open but his stone hands may be his undoing

Someone has to block the guys Witten misses.