Reaction score
Copper
Gallup
Cobb
Austin
Wilson
Johnson

To heck with Noah Brown.

Star, it's amazing you and I would agree about much of anything, but your top 5 is dead on

Copper
Gallup
Cobb
Austin
Wilson

don't be surprised if Cobb, Austin, and Wilson all play about the same number of snaps

*about Wilson, I told ya so :)

Ced is a real production XWR with the best slant and hands on the team, that maters, this is a timing system
watch any game tape on him - it's glaring
everything but killer deep speed, but I'd point out he's as fast as Dez

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Really liked his route running and catching with his hands.

Hopefully his injury won't keep him out for too long.

He can be the 3rd or 4th WR on this team.

He's got big potential.
He looked like he was coming to take someone's job.....that is what training camp and the preseason is all about. Can't wait to see him next week.

quickccc

Reaction score
Yep. They have used Brown extensively as a run blocker. In fact, his usage was an obvious tell to opposing defenses because they rarely had him running actual patterns.

i wish they would IR Noah ,,and give the present guys that chance on the roster.
and how will Noah improve as a pass catching threat WR when he's about to miss another entire summer because of a lingering injury

quickccc

Reaction score
the major difference i noticed is with reggie davis and jalen guyton is - if mike white is in the ball game, they won't have a chance to stand out

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I do to but this idiot coaching staff has a woody for Noah because he’s a decent blocker

I like jonvay ability to run routes he’s crisp and he gets open but his stone hands may be his undoing
He actually catches really well. Most are seeing the drops last night and think he has "stone hands". His issue was looking up to see where defenders where coming from before securing the catch. He is a rookie and maybe it was nerves but he has to secure the catch first and them look to move. If he continues looking away before securing the catch he won't make the team but it's not an issue of not being able to catch.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I do to but this idiot coaching staff has a woody for Noah because he’s a decent blocker
If we keep Brown, at some point teams will realize Brown is just a teeny tiny blocking TE and match him up with a LB. Then he's just a liability on the field.

I really hope we move on from him.

starfan1

Reaction score
He actually catches really well. Most are seeing the drops last night and think he has "stone hands". His issue was looking up to see where defenders where coming from before securing the catch. He is a rookie and maybe it was nerves but he has to secure the catch first and them look to move. If he continues looking away before securing the catch he won't make the team but it's not an issue of not being able to catch.
Reports are he had good camp until blue and white scrimmage and the drops began. I honestly hope the kid solves that aspect as I think he’s a good route runner in fact I’d like to keep him and guyton and send brown packing

Mannix

Reaction score
I've been touting him since he was drafted....and been dogging Noah Brown for good reason the whole time period.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Reports are he had good camp until blue and white scrimmage and the drops began. I honestly hope the kid solves that aspect as I think he’s a good route runner in fact I’d like to keep him and guyton and send brown packing
Cooper, Gallup, Cobb, Austin, Wilson, Johnson is the receivers I would take to the 53. Guyton didn't flash enough in the first preseason game. So at this time I don't have him on the 53 but most likely a practice squad guy. Austin might get hurt again and that would allow us to bring Guyton up.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
I've been touting him since he was drafted....and been dogging Noah Brown for good reason the whole time period.
You and I both. Brown should took hgh and moved to tight end. He’s not an nfl receiver.

gmoney112

Reaction score
Yeah, Ced is legit. Was effective at running every route, and for some reason has a knack for deep plays (in college). He was pretty good at beating press too. I think he makes it.

Hoping Guyton can play ST. I have no idea about Johnson.

I also don't really understand why we don't use Jarwin more at WR for Noah Brown's snaps. You can still send him into a route, and it's not like Brown is breaking ankles out there. If you're trying to get a big body in tight alignment in front of somebody, Jarwin would probably be even better at it, and you can free up a roster spot if you can make up the difference for Brown on ST.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You expect Brown to always win against LBs, do you?
How do you suppose that Hanna would have looked on that block?

Notice that there a 2 LBs (Nickel Defense).

The Cowboys are in 11 personnel (3 WRs, 1 TE, 1 RB).

The TE (Schultz) blocks the LDE.

If they replace Brown with a 2nd TE, then the defense will go to base with 3 LBs.

Even if the 2nd LB makes the same block that Brown made, now there is a 3rd LB which means a stronger run defense.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, Ced is legit. Was effective at running every route, and for some reason has a knack for deep plays (in college). He was pretty good at beating press too. I think he makes it.

Hoping Guyton can play ST. I have no idea about Johnson.

I also don't really understand why we don't use Jarwin more at WR for Noah Brown's snaps. You can still send him into a route, and it's not like Brown is breaking ankles out there. If you're trying to get a big body in tight alignment in front of somebody, Jarwin would probably be even better at it, and you can free up a roster spot if you can make up the difference for Brown on ST.

Brown plays win 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB sets.

Replace Brown with a 2nd TE and the defense will play base (3 LBs) instead of Nickel (2 LBs).