CFZ Cee Dee Lamb is About to Rip the League a New One

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Dak has been doing boom boom in his 40 million dollar panties lately when we need him the most. I guess all we can do is hope this year will be different.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You think Cooks is filler??? I hope the rest of the league overlook him like you do because he will really surprise people then on what he will mean to this team. Ceedee will be the guy, don't get me wrong, but Cooks will make them pay when they pay too much attention to CeeDee.
Gallup, well he will keep defenses honest. Good hands and can make plays, but does disappear at times. Somewhat expected but perfect for a #3 WR
I like cooks but we know he isn't a long term answer here. Being a rental player most of his career and knowing Jerry will demand the ball goes towards Cd who is viewed as a long term investment. I like Cooks I think he will get his fair share, but the majority of plays will be drawn up for CD and then cooks, gallup whomever are the nd, 3rd, whatever options.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
I like cooks but we know he isn't a long term answer here. Being a rental player most of his career and knowing Jerry will demand the ball goes towards Cd who is viewed as a long term investment. I like Cooks I think he will get his fair share, but the majority of plays will be drawn up for CD and then cooks, gallup whomever are the nd, 3rd, whatever options.
Not sure how you figure he is a "rental" and not long term answer. He is 29 years of age. He nearly always gets over 1000 yards, avg per catch is most likely better than most. Last year he only got less than 1000 because he had absolutely had a nobody throwing to him. These days with salary cap and free agency, everyone is a "rental".
ÇD is going to get his passes his way just like any other #1 of his caliber would get throughout the league. But if defenders pay too much focus on CD, then Cooks will make them pay (assuming Dak looks his way).
I think the WR group is the strongest we have had in years and will be the least of this teams problems. J
Picking up Cooks in free agency was a great move, one of our best ever (fa pickups that is) imo

Last edited:

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Not sure how you figure he is a "rental" and not long term answer. He is 29 years of age. He nearly always gets over 1000 yards, avg per catch is most likely better than most. Last year he only got less than 1000 because he had absolutely had a nobody throwing to him. These days with salary cap and free agency, everyone is a "rental".
ÇD is going to get his passes his way just like any other #1 of his caliber would get throughout the league. But if defenders pay too much focus on CD, then Cooks will make them pay (assuming Dak looks his way).
I think the WR group is the strongest we have had in years and will be the least of this teams problems. J
Picking up Cooks in free agency was a great move, one of our best ever (fa pickups that is) imo
Simple- he isn't on a long term contract. Do you think they are going to pay him and Gallup and CD? Seems doubtful. Cooks is here for 2 years (I believe that's when his contract is up, correct me if i'm wrong). By then they will have paid Dak and CD and working on Micah if not already extended. I do not know why teams haven't seen cooks as a long term guy but he's bounced from team to team his whole career and always does well yet no one seems to keep him long term. The trend will continue here.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
Simple- he isn't on a long term contract. Do you think they are going to pay him and Gallup and CD? Seems doubtful. Cooks is here for 2 years (I believe that's when his contract is up, correct me if i'm wrong). By then they will have paid Dak and CD and working on Micah if not already extended. I do not know why teams haven't seen cooks as a long term guy but he's bounced from team to team his whole career and always does well yet no one seems to keep him long term. The trend will continue here.
Ok. Yeah sounds logical. Well then this team better get to it