Video: CeeDee Gonna Have 120 Catches

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
fact that you are clueless to schemes on many teams that are based in the short pass with YAC beign part of the process is also not surprising given you are hear to troll and most likely an eagles fan anyway..the short quick and dump off styles in all teams play call and relied on heavily. Now back to reality

go get your shine box.

shine-box-goodfellas.gif
Funny....spelling could use some work but yes you are one of the Dak Zombies here and look at the bright side as you made me laugh!

conner01

Reaction score
depends solely on Moore really hes the bigger issue with isolating a single player and go feature him weekly. the first month CD used correctly in bunches, motions, and moved all over he could start out hot..
I have issues with Moores creativity but I’m not a fan of building a scheme around a single guy anyway
I like just take what’s given
But it also wouldn’t surprise me if our overall passing targets doesn’t go down some this year. I think, if they can, they want to run the ball more. For that to work though the passing game has to be effective because you have to convert on 3rd down to keep running it

blueblood70

Reaction score
I have issues with Moores creativity but I’m not a fan of building a scheme around a single guy anyway
I like just take what’s given
But it also wouldn’t surprise me if our overall passing targets doesn’t go down some this year. I think, if they can, they want to run the ball more. For that to work though the passing game has to be effective because you have to convert on 3rd down to keep running it
doesnt have to be all year YO, has toi be game to game gameplan to throw off teams..Moore never does it its what cooper and others have complained about.,.they dont expose a defense or weak player say cb and just go at them all game..its how player like Kupp has such great season same with payer like Henry you cant get those records or be elite without an OC using you as weapon vs a decoy..

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Dak to CeeDee gonna be crazy this season! A minimum 120 catches is my prediction.

This is just from today's practice.....

Yup. Team is gonna get his targets up and make him a true WR1 and first option.
He'd be the first Cowboy I'd draft in fantasy.

conner01

Reaction score
Yup. Team is gonna get his targets up and make him a true WR1 and first option.
He'd be the first Cowboy I'd draft in fantasy.
I don’t think they change the offense
The idea is to find the open man and spread it around
Schultz, cooper and lamb had very similar target numbers. I expect to see the same again
They may try more to scheme a particular guy open but I don’t see any dramatic change
Lamb had I believe 111 targets last year and he could get 10-15% more but his targets won’t go through the roof. Our total passes could actually go down if they can run the ball better.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Schultz, cooper and lamb had very similar target numbers. I expect to see the same again
They may try more to scheme a particular guy open but I don’t see any dramatic change
Lamb had I believe 111 targets last year and he could get 10-15% more but his targets won’t go through the roof. Our total passes could actually go down if they can run the ball better.
Lamb actually had 12 targets last year. I could see that maybe increasing to 130-140, but he would need around 185 targets to get 120 receptions. I just don't see that happening

basel90

Reaction score
Cee Dee was wasted the last 2 seasons with the limited throws and lack of deep targeting. If this continues Cee Dee will want to play for an elite QB

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I actually DO expect the offense to change. Perhaps quite a bit.
I think we will see less WR on the field and more targeting of WR1 intentionally.
I think it will evolve to less what defenses give us and more to taking what we want.

I suspect Lamb gets 150 targets this year.

conner01

Reaction score
I actually DO expect the offense to change. Perhaps quite a bit.
I think we will see less WR on the field and more targeting of WR1 intentionally.
I think it will evolve to less what defenses give us and more to taking what we want.

I suspect Lamb gets 150 targets this year.
It’s possible but i expect if we can run the ball then we will run much more
But we shall see

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lamb actually had 12 targets last year. I could see that maybe increasing to 130-140, but he would need around 185 targets to get 120 receptions. I just don't see that happening
Oops, meant 120, not 12

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cee Dee was wasted the last 2 seasons with the limited throws and lack of deep targeting. If this continues Cee Dee will want to play for an elite QB

He had the 2nd most targets on the team as a rookie, despite having an established Cooper and Gallup on the team, and he had the most targets on the team last year with about 1 targets per game more than the next closest guy. The Cowboys have been fortunate enough to have a lot of quality targets to spread the ball among, so why wouldn't they use them?

As for deep passes, he had more 20+ yard receptions than Devante Adams, Tyreek Hill and Steven Diggs. I know, you'll say he had fewer truly deep receptions, but only incrementally so, having only 2 fewer 40+ yard receptions than Adams and Diggs, and 1 less than Hill. And let's not mistake Lamb for a speedster anyway. His 40 time at the combine was 4.50.

At the end of the day, Lamb is a very good player, and I'm glad to have him, but he is not Cooper Kupp, Devante Adams, etc ..., and it wouldn't make since to dramatically cut the targets of other quality players. This year some of those players are gone or injured, so we may see his targets increase some.

Last edited: