Ceedee is better than Amari Cooper ever was

RonnieT24

Reaction score
No, because they caught him jogging his routes(on film) way too many times. A true #1 goes all out at all times. Why? Because part of being a true #1 WR is making them cover you every play, which opens everything up on O. If you only try when the ball's coming your way, you are not a top tier #1.
I think is an unfair and inaccurate characterization of Dez. I firmly believe any time Dez jogged it was simply because he was gassed. Dude simply left it all out on the field. Case in point, he was the best blocking WR we have had since Mike. Generally speaking if there was a long run or pass play to another player you could find Dez out there lead blocking 40-50 yards downfield. That's not a guy who only tried when the ball was coming his way.

DCowboyz

Reaction score
I mean, he doesn't compare? I don't think anyone said Cooper was better than Ceedee. I wish we had both though.

kskboys

Reaction score
I think is an unfair and inaccurate characterization of Dez. I firmly believe any time Dez jogged it was simply because he was gassed. Dude simply left it all out on the field. Case in point, he was the best blocking WR we have had since Mike. Generally speaking if there was a long run or pass play to another player you could find Dez out there lead blocking 40-50 yards downfield. That's not a guy who only tried when the ball was coming his way.
Saw a ton of tape that says otherwise.

Dez gave great effort as a blocker and great effort w/ the ball in his hands. That's not up for debate. It's only his lack of effort if his number wasn't called.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Physically Dez Bryant was god tier. Far superior to Lamb. Superior to almost any human ever. Mentally Dez was a child. I would take Lamb over Dez for that reason. Lamb is a pro who cares about his team, the game, and his legacy. Dez is a child who only cares about himself.

Nothing sums up Dez better than the drop. At the end of the day that guy will let you down. No matter what it is he will find a way to disappoint. Lamb may fail in the end but he will have done all he can.
High praise

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Man, I'm still shaking my head over it. That trade was definitely personal for Jerry.
Yep. Shaking my head like trading 2 no.1 picks for a WR that never made a Pro Bowl (Galloway), Trade a no.1 pick for a WR that was going to get cut from a 0-16 team (Williams), and trading a season saving Pro Bowl WR that raised his game when your no.1 QB goes down for nothing in return (Cooper).

Jerry Dumbo GM Jones and his Arlington Jonesboys.

jay94

Reaction score
Another dumb post

We literally had Amari AND Ceedee and still lost to the niners in the playoffs

Lol @ thinking that Amari was the missing link in that 42-10 L

I was talking in the playoffs the important game, my fault not clarifying, not a regular season game that has no impact on Super Bowl aspirations. They doubled Lamb, Pollard got hurt and no one could get open.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Ceedee is a manchild...a certified #1 stud wr. THAT ASIDE, Amari is a stud as well. They are 2 different kinds of receivers. Amari is a vertical guy more so and a better route runner. Ceedee is a route runner but a guy that is Hopkins-like with a big catch radius. He can get the 50/50 balls and get deep when needed.. We were lucky 2 have them both .

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Ceedee is a manchild...a certified #1 stud wr. THAT ASIDE, Amari is a stud as well. They are 2 different kinds of receivers. Amari is a vertical guy more so and a better route runner. Ceedee is a route runner but a guy that is Hopkins-like with a big catch radius. He can get the 50/50 balls and get deep when needed.. We were lucky 2 have them both .
I do miss some of these deep vertical routes that Coop used to catch. For sure haven't had anything like that since.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Saw a ton of tape that says otherwise.

Dez gave great effort as a blocker and great effort w/ the ball in his hands. That's not up for debate. It's only his lack of effort if his number wasn't called.
If he's blocking then isn't that by definition his number not being called? Especially on running plays.

Michael88Irvin

Reaction score
We did, and if you remember my argument, absolutely nothing has changed.

Nobody said Lamb wasn’t capable of a 150yd performance. Gallup is too. Would that make Gallup a true #1 WR? Of course not. The argument against CeeDee is, like Dak, he has great performances every year but he’s way too inconsistent to be in the grouping with the top WRs in the NFL

How many TD catches did he has going into this game? Would you believe One?How many 100 yard games did CeeDee have going into this game? Still only one.

Maybe he does it against Philly next week. But will he do it the week after that, and the week after that? We both know the answer is no. He’ll show up again a random weekend in December, put up a season rivaling last year, and everyone here will give each other high fives.

If that’s worth 30m$ a year to you, go right ahead, I won’t complain. But the fact CeeDee had this big of a game only further exemplifies the point: the last time CeeDee had even 70 yards and a TD in the same game was before Christmas last year. If you said that about Tyreek, about Davante, about Stefon, about AJ, about JJ, on and on, the narrative would be, “what’s wrong with them?” But with CeeDee it’s, “CeeDee’s great, isn’t he?”
Davante Adams had 1 catch for 11 yards (and 5 drops) last night against the Detroit Lions...

All #1s have off nights... Davante is still a top 5 receiver in the NFL would you not say? (Even though he stunk up the house last night?)

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Think he ends up being the best Dallas WR since Irvin. He’s that good
Think you forgot about Owens. Owens was beating guys by 5-10 yards deep. So did Miles Austin for a couple of seasons. Need to see CD get more stuff over the top and in the red zone. Thats what he has lacked his entire career.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Davante Adams had 1 catch for 11 yards (and 5 drops) last night against the Detroit Lions...

All #1s have off nights... Davante is still a top 5 receiver in the NFL would you not say? (Even though he stunk up the house last night?)
Yes, because the same way 1 big game doesn’t define a #1, 1 bad game doesn’t dethrone one

ghst187

Reaction score
Was the OP an attempt to justify giving Amari away for a late round draft pick?
And false equivalence that it was Ceedee OR Amari when in fact the question was always Ceedee AND Amari or Ceedee and…..Gallup?

kskboys

Reaction score
If he's blocking then isn't that by definition his number not being called? Especially on running plays.
When he's jogging his routes, then isn't that by definition putting in poor effort?

kskboys

Reaction score
Think you forgot about Owens. Owens was beating guys by 5-10 yards deep. So did Miles Austin for a couple of seasons. Need to see CD get more stuff over the top and in the red zone. Thats what he has lacked his entire career.
Austin was a terrible deep WR. His forte was YAC, and he was phenomenal at that. When we started sending him deep a ton, he failed.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
When he's jogging his routes, then isn't that by definition putting in poor effort?
Not if he's gassed because he just ran 40 yards downfield on a route and then sprinted back 40 yards to get back in the huddle about 20 times. All while sprinkling in tenacious blocking on run plays and catches by his teammates. You may question Dez's conditioning at times and I might agree with you.. especially in those times when he had rushed back from injury and barely able to practice.. but I would never question his heart and effort. I just never read him that way. Obviously I could be wrong.. but I just never got that vibe from him.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I don't like the premise of the point from the OP. Ceedee would not be Ceedee without the tutelage of Amari Cooper for a few years. Have you people already forgotten the video of Ceedee asking Amari questions on how to do this and how to do that? Amari took Ceedee under his wing and showed him how it's all done. We are all beholden to those who came before us. We stand on the shoulders of giants. We can't get to where we are without the lessons of those who came before us. CeeDee is no different.