Ceedee is better than Amari Cooper ever was

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sorry, meant Jake Reed, not Stallworth. Edited it before the edit timer ended but not before you linked it.

There are top 10 statistical players every year who aren’t true #1’s. DK Metcalf had a 1300 yard season a few years ago like CeeDee’s he’s not a #1. Teams don’t bracket him most of the game like they do Tyreek, Jamar, Jefferson. Brandon Lloyd had a 1400 yard season in a 16 game schedule and then never had anything close to that again. Was he a number 1 then immediately not a number 1? No, that’s not how anyone should view it.
First of all, "elite" and "#1" don't mean the same thing. Technically there are 32 #1 receivers in the NFL, but quite a few aren't really good enough for that role.

Still, being a #1 quality receiver doesn't mean a player has to be a top 3-5 statistically in the NFL every year, it just means a guy has to be the go to guy that is good enough for defensive coordinators to worry about notably more than other receivers. The kind that has notably greater odds taking over a game or making the difference than most other receivers. Cee Dee is that kind of player.

How many other receivers in the NFL are there that a defensive coordinator would worry about having games like Cee Dee had against the Jets or Rams where the defense seems powerless to stop them? Sure there are some, and some better than Cee Dee. But it doesn't take being Justin Jefferson to be a #1.

Last edited:

Thomas82

Reaction score
I think I heard something that Jerry was angry at him, something covid related wouldn't wear a mask or something like that. Whatever
I heard about it too. Actually, Jerry was angry with him for refusing to get the vaccine. It pissed Jerry off even more when Coop got Covid and had to miss 2 games and we lost both of them.

Thomas82

Reaction score
This is a fabrication.

Im not gonna talk down on the Playmaker because he is my goat.

Dez in his fourth season, had games of 22, 38, 36, 44, and 12 yards. He only had 4 100 yard games that entire season.

Ceedee has two already and we arent even halfway through the season.

He is consistent. His QB isnt and thats the problem
Every point you made here is valid. I just wanted to point out that CeeDee actually has 3 100-yard games. He had one against the Jets, Chargers, and the Rams.

kskboys

Reaction score
First of all, "elite" and "#1" don't mean the same thing. Technically there are 32 #1 receivers in the NFL, but quite a few aren't really good enough for that role.

Still, being a #1 quality receiver doesn't mean a player has to be a top 3-5 statistically in the NFL every year, it just means a guy has to be the go to guy that is good enough for defensive coordinators to worry about notably more than other receivers. The kind that has notably greater odds taking over a game or making the difference than most other receivers. Cee Dee is that kind of player.

How many other receivers in the NFL are there that a defensive coordinator would worry about having games like Cee Dee had against the Jets or Rams where the defense seems powerless to stop them? Sure there are some, and some better than Cee Dee. But it doesn't take being Justin Jefferson to be a #1.
Well said.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
I heard about it too. Actually, Jerry was angry with him for refusing to get the vaccine. It pissed Jerry off even more when Coop got Covid and had to miss 2 games and we lost both of them.
So you get rid of the chance to have Cooper, Lamb, and Cooks for B.S personal medical choice? That is not the way a football GM manages players.

kskboys

Reaction score
To say Dez Bryant wasnt a number 1 receiver you just take the crown of strangest take on this site
That's fine. I do not believe a WR is a top tier #1 WR if he doesn't give full effort. Dez did not.

I actually don't realize why it's so strange, to tell the truth, especially as I've explained my take.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I agree, but how fun would it be if he had another WR to play with for the rest of this season and maybe a few more? I think Lamb and Cooks would do well if a certain Raiders WR were to come over here.

jay94

Reaction score
Thread is dumb, with Amari we could of actually beat the niners, we would be way better with him.

plasticman

Reaction score
That was never the question.

Is Ceedee and Gallup or CeeDee and Cooks better than CeeDee and Amari?

Of course, it was never to be. His departure was a financial decision, not based on a comparison of talent.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
That was never the question.

Is Ceedee and Gallup or CeeDee and Cooks better than CeeDee and Amari?

Of course, it was never to be. His departure was a financial decision, not based on a comparison of talent.
Getting rid of Amari was a good decision. The compensation we got for him was where we screwed up.

Theres a reason hes on his third team and his previous two soured on him

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Physically Dez Bryant was god tier. Far superior to Lamb. Superior to almost any human ever. Mentally Dez was a child. I would take Lamb over Dez for that reason. Lamb is a pro who cares about his team, the game, and his legacy. Dez is a child who only cares about himself.

Nothing sums up Dez better than the drop. At the end of the day that guy will let you down. No matter what it is he will find a way to disappoint. Lamb may fail in the end but he will have done all he can.

kskboys

Reaction score
Another dumb post

We literally had Amari AND Ceedee and still lost to the niners in the playoffs

Lol @ thinking that Amari was the missing link in that 42-10 L
Especially since they ran on us like there was no tomorrow.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Definitely can see why he’s a fan favorite over stone face Amari

We’re used to dez and Irvin and **** we like our receivers to be the pulse of da team