Video: Ceedee Lamb - Breakdown

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Jerry Rice ran a 4.5... but was simply an elite route runner, and silky smooth athlete. He also had phenomenal recognition, spatial awareness, and a high football IQ.

Its not just about pure speed— but about knowing your opponent, and how to consistently make yourself an easy target for your QB.

Looking at Lamb’s tape— you see a decent route runner, smooth athlete, great catch radius, an elite YAC player that has a nose for the endzone and an amazing ability to shed tacklers for his size.

IMO— we have the top trio of WRs in the NFL, with a myriad of options to use in terms of formations and personnel packages to exploit mismatches.

Our offense (and special teams) just got a huge upgrade. People say he is a “3rd WR”. Nope. He is on the field over Gallup in 2 WR sets.

Lamb is now the best receiver on the team. Only a matter of time before he becomes the #1 guy. His play making is completely off the charts. Cooper is great but he doesn't attack the ball like Lamb and doesn't have the after the catch abilities.

Lamb is literally a 12 TD guy waiting to happen once he gets up to speed.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Lamb is now the best receiver on the team. Only a matter of time before he becomes the #1 guy. His play making is completely off the charts. Cooper is great but he doesn't attack the ball like Lamb and doesn't have the after the catch abilities.

Lamb is literally a 12 TD guy waiting to happen once he gets up to speed.

It is certainly possible. I want to see him transition to the NFL before I get dogmatic about him being better than a multiple pro bowl, 1000+ yard season WR though.

I agree with you that Lamb’s ceiling and potential is higher than Cooper’s, and CeeDee is an alpha dawg whereas Coop is more of a beta.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It is certainly possible. I want to see him transition to the NFL before I get dogmatic about him being better than a multiple pro bowl, 1000+ yard season WR though.

I agree with you that Lamb’s ceiling and potential is higher than Cooper’s, and CeeDee is an alpha dawg whereas Coop is more of a beta.
Speed and route running can’t beat Cooper.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Jerry Rice ran a 4.5... but was simply an elite route runner, and silky smooth athlete. He also had phenomenal recognition, spatial awareness, and a high football IQ.

Its not just about pure speed— but about knowing your opponent, and how to consistently make yourself an easy target for your QB.

Looking at Lamb’s tape— you see a decent route runner, smooth athlete, great catch radius, an elite YAC player that has a nose for the endzone and an amazing ability to shed tacklers for his size.

IMO— we have the top trio of WRs in the NFL, with a myriad of options to use in terms of formations and personnel packages to exploit mismatches.

Our offense (and special teams) just got a huge upgrade. People say he is a “3rd WR”. Nope. He is on the field over Gallup in 2 WR sets.
3 WR is their base offense

HungryLion

Reaction score
I have to mention that Lamb’a testing was actually really good for his size.

4.5 is a really good time for somebody who is 6’2” and 200 pounds. Plus, If you watch his 40. Dane Brugler points out that he stumbles slightly coming out of the gate on his 40.

Lamb is FAST for his size.

Frozen700

Reaction score
I dont see any Dez in him. Dez pretty much just posted everyone up and wasnt much of a yac guy. This guy seems all yac.

Yeah Dez was a real post player. Just straight up out muscle you and let's you know either he's catching it, or no one else is.

I loved it for a while

#DontpayDak

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Nate with the jokes made a bit much at times but overall it was a great breakdown. Kid can ball and now coming here with all the weapons we already have is going to give him more opportunities than if he went to a team that plugged him at number 1 and they didn’t have many other weapons to take the heat off of him

Frozen700

Reaction score
Me too. He's not as big as Hopkins and probably won't be that good -- IMO Hopkins is the best right now -- but he's like a smaller version with similar ball skills.

Hopkins is the best at what?

He's might be 3rd or 4th.

But hands down there is no WR coming close to Michael Thomas.

The only person is Evans maybe. Then you can maybe mention Hopkins. I wish we got a WR with the talent/size of Thomas or Evans.

As far as size goes Ceedee is 6'2. Hopkins is 6'1. So Hopkins is not bigger.

#DontpayDak

alicetooljam

Reaction score
I have to mention that Lamb’a testing was actually really good for his size.

4.5 is a really good time for somebody who is 6’2” and 200 pounds. Plus, If you watch his 40. Dane Brugler points out that he stumbles slightly coming out of the gate on his 40.

Lamb is FAST for his size.

Very deceptive speed because is such a long strider.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Early in Dez's career, he was better w/yac, but he never developed his route-tree.

Ceedee clearly had a plan early to hit the pros as he is already further along than most rookies with his routes.

To me, the only comparison between the two is being very elite when they came out. Right now, CeeDee and Cooper will drop jaws on every defensive secondary that they come up against...and no comparisons there.