Video: Ceedee Lamb - Breakdown

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Why is this team affraid to draft fast receivers? dez 4.52, T Will 4.52, Gallup 4.51. We refuse to draft a legit deep threat. We wasted dez's prime. Imagine a prime Dez with a deep threat on the other side. It makes no sense. speed isn't everything, but we have a great route runner with good speed when healthy. we have a tall athletic receiver with average speed. Give us a burner for the first Time since Galloway.

Cooper ran a 4.42 at the combine and we all know Gallup definitely has in-game speed. He has no problem getting separation. I like the pick. I love getting Lamb. I think the Cowboys have three interchangeable WR's who can take it to the house at any moment. Can't wait to see the new offense operate. Now let's go shore up that defense. Maybe call Jax about Ngakoue.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Lamb is listed at 6-foot-2, 198 pounds. At the NFL Combine, he was measured as having 32 1/4-inch arms and 9 1/4-inch hands. Lamb ran a 4.5 40-yard dash, and had a 34.5 vertical jump. As a senior, Lamb was a consensus All-American, as well as a finalist for the Biletnikoff Award and the Earl Campbell Tyler Rose Award. Lamb had 62 receptions for 1,327 receiving yards with 14 touchdowns, which was tied for fifth in the nation.

...He ranks first at Oklahoma with 24 career catches of at least 40 yards and with six career games of at least 160 receiving yards. Lamb is second with 32 career receiving touchdowns, third with 3,292 career receiving yards, and he has 14-career 100-yard receiving games. Lamb’s 19 yards per catch is the highest average in school history among players with at least 130 receptions...

The Cowboys add to their weapons for quarterback Dak Prescott. Lamb, along with wide receivers Amari Cooper and Michael Gallup, and running back Ezekiel Elliott. Dallas arguably has one of the best set of skill-position players in the entire NFL.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/cowboys-select-ceedee-lamb-with-no-17-pick-of-2020-nfl-draft

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Dez and good route running is an oxy moron where the hell have you been?

Dez ran one of the better dig routes that anyone has ever ran in this league.

He could also high point a ball as well as anyone.

Oh btw he has the most receiving TDs in this franchises history.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dez ran one of the better dig routes that anyone has ever ran in this league.

He could also high point a ball as well as anyone.

Oh btw he has the most receiving TDs in this franchises history.
He was a fantastic one trick pony early on no doubt. But he never worked on his game and relied solely on his physical attributes. When he got older he paid the price for not being a student of the game and sucked.

GMO415

Reaction score
We need Def. Dude has bad numbers but shines against mediocre talent in college.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
He was a fantastic one trick pony early on no doubt. But he never worked on his game and relied solely on his physical attributes. When he got older he paid the price for not being a student of the game and sucked.

More like he had an injury most players never make it all the way back from. He lost all explosion. In his prime, he couldn't have been further from a one-trick guy. He ran, as someone else stated, one of the best dig routes ever and took it to the house quite a bit. He was a monster on quick WR screens, especially early on in his career. He was potentially the second-best high point receiver in NFL history behind Randy Moss. He had just enough speed to take one to the house deep while being bullish and strong enough to house a screen in traffic. Oh, and he was an exceptional blocker who looked for contact when he blocked play-side. You can knock Dez, he has plenty of warts, but he was anything but one dimensional.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
More like he had an injury most players never make it all the way back from. He lost all explosion. In his prime, he couldn't have been further from a one-trick guy. He ran, as someone else stated, one of the best dig routes ever and took it to the house quite a bit. He was a monster on quick WR screens, especially early on in his career. He was potentially the second-best high point receiver in NFL history behind Randy Moss. He had just enough speed to take one to the house deep while being bullish and strong enough to house a screen in traffic. Oh, and he was an exceptional blocker who looked for contact when he blocked play-side. You can knock Dez, he has plenty of warts, but he was anything but one dimensional.
He was not a great route runner. Not sure where you got that from. He was a freak of an athlete. Big, athletic, strong hands and had super desire. He could have been one of the best all time WR’s to ever play the game. He just didn’t have the mental capability to figure out he needed to constantly work on his game. It’s the reason he is out of the league.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
He was not a great route runner. Not sure where you got that from. He was a freak of an athlete. Big, athletic, strong hands and had super desire. He could have been one of the best all time WR’s to ever play the game. He just didn’t have the mental capability to figure out he needed to constantly work on his game. It’s the reason he is out of the league.

I never said he was a good route runner. I said he ran a great dig route.

Ken

Reaction score
Personally, I thought Dez with better routes and background.
That is what i i am seeing. Similar build, ball skills, speed, and high point ability. RAC is also similar.

Minus the attitude hopefully.

This guy could solve our red zone issues.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Good, because in order to be a great WR you need to be a great route runner.

Now you're just changing the argument. You said he was one-dimensional. That's all I argued about. In case you're drunk or forgot:

He was a fantastic one trick pony early on no doubt.

So I said:

"In his prime, he couldn't have been further from a one-trick guy."

To which you came back with some out of nowhere, "he was not a great route runner." Which is something no one argued or claimed otherwise.

So, you're just being contrarian. Which is fine. I'm used to it. My wife is pregnant.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Now you're just changing the argument. You said he was one-dimensional. That's all I argued about. In case you're drunk or forgot:

So I said:

"In his prime, he couldn't have been further from a one-trick guy."

To which you came back with some out of nowhere, "he was not a great route runner." Which is something no one argued or claimed otherwise.

So, you're just being contrarian. Which is fine. I'm used to it. My wife is pregnant.
He was one dimensional. No change on my part

CCBoy

Reaction score
QB: Dak Prescott, Cooper Rush

RB: Ezekiel Elliott, Tony Pollard

WR 1: Amari Cooper

WR 2: Michael Gallup

WR 3: CeeDee Lamb*, Cedrick Wilson, Devin Smith

TE: Blake Jarwin, Dalton Schultz

LT: Tyron Smith

LG: Connor Williams, Connor McGovern

C: Joe Looney, Adam Redmond

RG: Zack Martin, Wyatt Miller

RT: La'el Collins, Brandon Knight

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...boys-dallas-updated-depth-chart-after-round-1

texbumthelife

Reaction score
QB: Dak Prescott, Cooper Rush

RB: Ezekiel Elliott, Tony Pollard

WR 1: Amari Cooper

WR 2: Michael Gallup

WR 3: CeeDee Lamb*, Cedrick Wilson, Devin Smith

TE: Blake Jarwin, Dalton Schultz

LT: Tyron Smith

LG: Connor Williams, Connor McGovern

C: Joe Looney, Adam Redmond

RG: Zack Martin, Wyatt Miller

RT: La'el Collins, Brandon Knight

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...boys-dallas-updated-depth-chart-after-round-1

What about backups for WR 1 & WR 2? Shoot, we might as well take WR in the second and third also!

1LoyalCowboyFan

Reaction score
Burleson is horrible that whole show is horrible, I cannot until it’s terminated.
CeeDee and Dez are nothing alike, that’s like the Jordan and Lebron comparisons

It was over the top. He had AJ Brown as top WR in last year. He did pretty well his rookie year.