CeeDee Lamb Closing in on Cowboys Rookie Receiving Record

Hardline

Reaction score
The Dallas Cowboys were fortunate that 16 NFL teams decided to go another direction, allowing CeeDee Lamb to fall to number 17. The Cowboys were more than happy to make him their selection. In a season that’s been up and down for the Cowboys, to say the least, they’ve been rewarded with stellar play from their rookie wide receiver.

CeeDee Lamb is just 177 receiving yards shy of Bullett Bob Hayes’ Cowboys rookie receiving record of 1,003 yards to put his season into context. Hayes put up that number back in 1965, and it has stood now 55 seasons.

https://insidethestar.com/ceedee-la...-Ud0S-ywlCeocytVj2_VlVRtGVDZ9ZnL1ynTgW7r42CQY

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
I was more impressed that he caught that pass over the middle, took the hit, held onto the ball, and then the OTHER guy was the one who got hurt.

In this rough season it’s pretty Impressive that I don’t recall him ever limping or hobbling or anything lingering at all. Seems durable and reliable.
He might just end up breaking a lot of rookie records

Carson

Reaction score
I was more impressed that he caught that pass over the middle, took the hit, held onto the ball, and then the OTHER guy was the one who got hurt.

In this rough season it’s pretty Impressive that I don’t recall him ever limping or hobbling or anything lingering at all. Seems durable and reliable.
He might just end up breaking a lot of rookie records

He looks like the kicker out there. Yet, he never gets banged up regardless of the hit. Always impressive

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Dallas Cowboys were fortunate that 16 NFL teams decided to go another direction, allowing CeeDee Lamb to fall to number 17. The Cowboys were more than happy to make him their selection. In a season that’s been up and down for the Cowboys, to say the least, they’ve been rewarded with stellar play from their rookie wide receiver.

CeeDee Lamb is just 177 receiving yards shy of Bullett Bob Hayes’ Cowboys rookie receiving record of 1,003 yards to put his season into context. Hayes put up that number back in 1965, and it has stood now 55 seasons.

https://insidethestar.com/ceedee-la...-Ud0S-ywlCeocytVj2_VlVRtGVDZ9ZnL1ynTgW7r42CQY
Completely forgot about that record. Thanks for the info!

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I love CeeDee and what he has accomplished. If Dak was healthy CeeDee could have eclipsed 1,300 yds if not more and double the TDs. I am glad he is not with the Eagles :muttley:.

Once again more pretending that Lamb was on some historic pace with Prescott and has really suffered ever since.

Not true at all. Check the numbers. The drop off is exaggerated.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score

Thats a good place to start.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

Lamb is averaging 60 yards per game. He's only had two games this year out of 14 with enough yards for him to top just 177 in the next two games, and both of those were early in the season.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

Hayes did it in 13 games of a 14 game season. Missed game 6.
Pro Bowl. 4th in receiving yards, 1st in receiving TDs, 3rd for TDs.

I like CD, but his rookie year is not remotely comparable to Hayes'.