CeeDee Lamb Closing in on Cowboys Rookie Receiving Record

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Once again more pretending that Lamb was on some historic pace with Prescott and has really suffered ever since.

Not true at all. Check the numbers. The drop off is exaggerated.

Did you run the numbers yourself? I would say they're significant.

W/ Dak per game- 7 catches 86 yards
W/O Dak per game- 4 catches 43 yards

We don't know if he just started hitting a bit of a wall or if Dak was the true difference maker. Likely a combo, but one can't argue there wasn't a dropoff post Dak.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
The Dallas Cowboys were fortunate that 16 NFL teams decided to go another direction, allowing CeeDee Lamb to fall to number 17. The Cowboys were more than happy to make him their selection. In a season that’s been up and down for the Cowboys, to say the least, they’ve been rewarded with stellar play from their rookie wide receiver.

CeeDee Lamb is just 177 receiving yards shy of Bullett Bob Hayes’ Cowboys rookie receiving record of 1,003 yards to put his season into context. Hayes put up that number back in 1965, and it has stood now 55 seasons.

https://insidethestar.com/ceedee-la...-Ud0S-ywlCeocytVj2_VlVRtGVDZ9ZnL1ynTgW7r42CQY
Was that 12 or 14 game seasons back in 1965?

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Once again more pretending that Lamb was on some historic pace with Prescott and has really suffered ever since.

Not true at all. Check the numbers. The drop off is exaggerated.

Your stats are exaggerated. Everyone knows you are Reality's brother-in-law.

Who probably owes him money.

cnuball21

Reaction score

We don't know if he just started hitting a bit of a wall or if Dak was the true difference maker. Likely a combo, but one can't argue there wasn't a dropoff post Dak.

All while starting the seasons behind one of the better WR duos in football.

MikeB80

Reaction score

he has also had a number of drops and seemed to lose focus in a couple of games. That has something to do with his drop off also

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
he has also had a number of drops and seemed to lose focus in a couple of games. That has something to do with his drop off also
He makes some outstanding grabs then drops the easy ones. I hope this is just a phase and not a trend.

jrumann59

Reaction score
I think e may be passing that rookie wall. Right now he would be in school practicing waiting to play a bowl game.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
The Dallas Cowboys were fortunate that 16 NFL teams decided to go another direction, allowing CeeDee Lamb to fall to number 17. The Cowboys were more than happy to make him their selection. In a season that’s been up and down for the Cowboys, to say the least, they’ve been rewarded with stellar play from their rookie wide receiver.

CeeDee Lamb is just 177 receiving yards shy of Bullett Bob Hayes’ Cowboys rookie receiving record of 1,003 yards to put his season into context. Hayes put up that number back in 1965, and it has stood now 55 seasons.

https://insidethestar.com/ceedee-la...-Ud0S-ywlCeocytVj2_VlVRtGVDZ9ZnL1ynTgW7r42CQY
hayes did it in 14 or 12 game season, so really it is too late to really out do hayes.

Steve007

Reaction score

Hays broke the record in 13 games

mmohican29

Reaction score
Lamb is a good one. A really good one, and I'm glad he's a Cowboy.

That said, I'm slightly underwhelmed with his body of work. I expected a DeAndre Hopkins level WR out of the gate.

Here's why I'm hesitant to anoint him as a future HOF player:

Disappears a lot after fast starts

Drops way too many balls for a player of his caliber so far, especially given his scouting report and hands grade.

Doesn't high point especially well for someone extremely athletic. Not a physically dominant player. Not as aerial as I prefer WR1's to be.

But he's silky smooth and starting to shake all NFL "nerves".

InTheZone

Reaction score

if CD could catch he would've shattered that by now.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I was more impressed that he caught that pass over the middle, took the hit, held onto the ball, and then the OTHER guy was the one who got hurt.

In this rough season it’s pretty Impressive that I don’t recall him ever limping or hobbling or anything lingering at all. Seems durable and reliable.
He might just end up breaking a lot of rookie records
He is light in the pants as Barry Switzer would say, haha.
I needs a good off season to add some size and muscle.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

Would also add he needs to work on being consistant.
He makes the tough catch and then drops an easy one.

Beaker42

Reaction score

He’d have crushed it had Dak not been injured.