CFZ CeeDee Lamb Deserves the Same Respect Parsons Gets

Pass2Run

Reaction score
There's really not a lot more to say, but I have a lot to say about it. During the first 5 or 6 weeks, I think McCarthy held him back.

Now, you may ask, why would McCarthy do something so silly?

Well, a couple of things.

Number one, we have a very young team. It feels like this team has been around for a while. The truth is, our best core players are still developing into better players. When I say core, I mean, the players you build this team around. The players many teams would love to build their franchise around. Tyler Smith, Lamb, Parsons, Dak, Ferguson...

Number two, if you don't hold him back with that vanilla scheme, you're likely going to have to pay Lamb not just number one WR money, as if there was ever any doubt he was a number one, you're also paying him like the best number one receiver in the league money.

We have several big contracts coming up. So, holding him back was one way to preserve the future in spite of all the pressure from the instant gratification types.

All this talk about "cutting Dak." Pfft. Anyone talking about cutting Dak, or perpetually dissing Dak, isn't credible. Sure, Lamb is part of the reason Dak has been so money this year. But we also got rid of his biggest distraction from previous years. As much as I loved Zeke, as much as I hate to say it, Zeke held back Dak's potential. And, I'd argue we're just now seeing Dak at full potential.

Has Dak been perfect on every play? Uh, you tell me which QB has been perfect? Show me a QB playing at the same level that many of our fans hold Dallas QBs to? The video game standards....

You may find one or two playing as good. But nobody is playing better, and Lamb's development has helped him reach this level. No doubt in my mind.

Trusting Dak, in spite of the silly feedback from the loudest clique's of our fanbase, as well as other teams' fanbases, has helped his confidence.

I realize this thread is about Lamb, but Lamb is a big reason for Dak's success. It's amazing what a player can do when the scheme fits his strengths and when you have the right players around him.

As far as I'm concerned CeeDee Lamb is the best WR to ever play in Dallas. Imagine that guy as 88 back in Irvin's day. One thing that embarrasses me as a fan is how Irvin is, somehow, still relevant. I've seen a number of videos where playmaker is literally trashed on air, like toasted, and not a peep from our fanbase. Talk about being held in high regard.

We all talk about Micah Parsons. And, I agree, Parsons is a baller. But, I'd say Lamb is just as good as Parsons is at his position. Minus the ego.

That's why I may be Lamb's biggest fan: he's every bit as good as Irvin was in his prime, minus the blowhard tomfoolery.

If the team's consultants are doing one thing this week, it should be looking ahead at San Fran and finding new, creative, unpredictable ways to scheme around Lamb.

So, yeah, I'll be cliche' and say it. Put some respect on CeeDee Lamb's name.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yeah man I think your view of Parsons and this fanbase is a little outdated....Lamb gets way more props and respect than Parsons does. I don't get why the fanbase turned on Parsons....well let me not say that. Because I think the fanbase still loves him I think its this site for whatever reason. The same toxic posters who don't like anything turned on Parsons....Constantly reminding us "he's our best player" just a year ago to "He doesn't show up" and "talks too much".

CWR

Reaction score
Yeah man I think your view of Parsons and this fanbase is a little outdated....Lamb gets way more props and respect than Parsons does. I don't get why the fanbase turned on Parsons....well let me not say that. Because I think the fanbase still loves him I think its this site for whatever reason. The same toxic posters who don't like anything turned on Parsons....Constantly reminding us "he's our best player" just a year ago to "He doesn't show up" and "talks too much".
They want their pound of flesh after every loss and no one is off limits.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I agree. Lamb has been exceptional.

But there was a crazy thread here last week talking about Parsons being overrated and running his mouth too much.

Sooooo……
I noticed that as well. When people make those sorts of claims after a single game, it places their credibility in question. Anyone with a clue knows Parsons is a baller.

This isn't about dissing on Parsons. That's not even what I'm saying. I'm just saying, I'm saying you could also consider Lamb a generational type player. When was the last time Amari Cooper with 1,600 yards?

Lamb has 2,000 yard potential.

He'd be right there with Hill had we been running the scheme we're running now earlier in the season.

HanD

Reaction score
Both are amazing players at the top tier of their positions. But Parsons walked into the NFL as a rookie that way. All pro second in dpoy votes and has stayed that way. Lamb has finally realized his potential with hard work and development. Lucky to have both.

I didn't really like lamb slowing down and waving for the defender to come get him on the long td though. Minor gripes like people talking about Micah...

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Every time I say that the coaches were holding cards back or playing a vanilla offense....I get completely railroaded on this site.

"You think caoches arent trying to win" "lol...youre a fool if you think coaches arent giving it their best shot to win"

Yet...some games the offense just looks like they arent even trying. And its not because of what the other teams defense is or isnt doing.

I think there is more we could have done against San Fran but we didnt. But a lot of posters on here refuse to think that was even a possibility. I dont get it.

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
CeeDee as an absolute stud. He's an alpha at the peak of his career. That was a great pick when Dallas was not even targeting a WR at that draft slot.

It's funny, because over the past off-season, there were many here in the forum who said Dallas did not have a #1 receiver- that Lamb was not a #1 receiver!

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Many of the people who turned on Parsons aren't fans, at least not of this team. We get a lot of trolls, and haters here. For some reason, they're able to hang around and make these absurdly ignorant analogies that others end up parroting.

I'm kind of tired of repeating it, and it's partially why I don't hang on CZ as much as before. But there are three types of these posters. Fans of other teams, people who dislike our team and are seeking to create an echo chamber and change the narrative, and then there's the miserable with their lives types, so anything but a 100 percent guaranteed Super Bowl won't make them happy.

I see all three as the same and pay them no mind. There's enough knowledgeable people around here. There just aren't enough who ignore their antics.

I agree, though. My question is, why entertain them? Again, I'm not dissing Parsons; I'm complimenting Lamb.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
There's really not a lot more to say, but I have a lot to say about it. During the first 5 or 6 weeks, I think McCarthy held him back.

Now, you may ask, why would McCarthy do something so silly?

Well, a couple of things.

Number one, we have a very young team. It feels like this team has been around for a while. The truth is, our best core players are still developing into better players. When I say core, I mean, the players you build this team around. The players many teams would love to build their franchise around. Tyler Smith, Lamb, Parsons, Dak, Ferguson...

Number two, if you don't hold him back with that vanilla scheme, you're likely going to have to pay Lamb not just number one WR money, as if there was ever any doubt he was a number one, you're also paying him like the best number one receiver in the league money.

We have several big contracts coming up. So, holding him back was one way to preserve the future in spite of all the pressure from the instant gratification types.

All this talk about "cutting Dak." Pfft. Anyone talking about cutting Dak, or perpetually dissing Dak, isn't credible. Sure, Lamb is part of the reason Dak has been so money this year. But we also got rid of his biggest distraction from previous years. As much as I loved Zeke, as much as I hate to say it, Zeke held back Dak's potential. And, I'd argue we're just now seeing Dak at full potential.

Has Dak been perfect on every play? Uh, you tell me which QB has been perfect? Show me a QB playing at the same level that many of our fans hold Dallas QBs to? The video game standards....

You may find one or two playing as good. But nobody is playing better, and Lamb's development has helped him reach this level. No doubt in my mind.

Trusting Dak, in spite of the silly feedback from the loudest clique's of our fanbase, as well as other teams' fanbases, has helped his confidence.

I realize this thread is about Lamb, but Lamb is a big reason for Dak's success. It's amazing what a player can do when the scheme fits his strengths and when you have the right players around him.

As far as I'm concerned CeeDee Lamb is the best WR to ever play in Dallas. Imagine that guy as 88 back in Irvin's day. One thing that embarrasses me as a fan is how Irvin is, somehow, still relevant. I've seen a number of videos where playmaker is literally trashed on air, like toasted, and not a peep from our fanbase. Talk about being held in high regard.

We all talk about Micah Parsons. And, I agree, Parsons is a baller. But, I'd say Lamb is just as good as Parsons is at his position. Minus the ego.

That's why I may be Lamb's biggest fan: he's every bit as good as Irvin was in his prime, minus the blowhard tomfoolery.

If the team's consultants are doing one thing this week, it should be looking ahead at San Fran and finding new, creative, unpredictable ways to scheme around Lamb.

So, yeah, I'll be cliche' and say it. Put some respect on CeeDee Lamb's name.
CeeDee deserves a heck of a lot more respect than Parsons does. If this young super star was on another team the Cowboys would be just another middle of the pack team. Parsons is showing that he's very close to being a one trick pony and that's not a good thing when it comes to the amount of cap space he's going to gobble up when it's his turn to sign that BIG DOLLAR contract. As for CeeDee, he'll be worth every dime that the Cowboys can sign him for..................

Pass2Run

Reaction score
CeeDee as an absolute stud. He's an alpha at the peak of his career. That was a great pick when Dallas was not even targeting a WR at that draft slot.

It's funny, because over the past off-season, there were many here in the forum who said Dallas did not have a #1 receiver- that Lamb was not a #1 receiver!
Lamb is more of a Sigma, as far as I can tell. But I get your point.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

He's also a credit to why you don't go for "need" and go best player available. Because I remember draft reports giving us a lower grade because we didn't "need" him and Chaisson was on the field.

And while we had Gallup and Cooper.....Lamb had a higher ceiling. You draft him and then worry about Cooper and Gallup later if need be.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
CeeDee deserves a heck of a lot more respect than Parsons does. If this young super star was on another team the Cowboys would be just another middle of the pack team. Parsons is showing that he's very close to being a one trick pony and that's not a good thing when it comes to the amount of cap space he's going to gobble up when it's his turn to sign that BIG DOLLAR contract. As for CeeDee, he'll be worth every dime that the Cowboys can sign him for..................
Yeah see this is the type of stuff I don't get. Parsons is equivalent to what Lamb is for this defense. Teams game plan for Parsons. You take away Parsons from this defense and you have what? One of the worst defenses in the league?

John813

Reaction score

Brace yourself for the offseason and contract talks.
Some will be going nuts on both players and how it's better to trade them now for 1sts.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Many of the people who turned on Parsons aren't fans, at least not of this team. We get a lot of trolls, and haters here. For some reason, they're able to hang around and make these absurdly ignorant analogies that others end up parroting.

I'm kind of tired of repeating it, and it's partially why I don't hang on CZ as much as before. But there are three types of these posters. Fans of other teams, people who dislike our team and are seeking to create an echo chamber and change the narrative, and then there's the miserable with their lives types, so anything but a 100 percent guaranteed Super Bowl won't make them happy.

I see all three as the same and pay them no mind. There's enough knowledgeable people around here. There just aren't enough who ignore their antics.

I agree, though. My question is, why entertain them? Again, I'm not dissing Parsons; I'm complimenting Lamb.
Oh I've seen this before especially when it comes to the Dak discussion....I've talked football with all types of fans especially of our rivals....people get upset when I call certain guys here Eagles fans but when you talk to Eagle fans you start to know their traits. And one thing I've noticed about Eagle fans is they have a disdain for Dak and Micah. With Micah it's like we hate that he's not here type of hate. So yeah I think a lot of these guys on this site who are turning anti Micah are these same undercover Eagle fans.

Which is why I said I shouldn't say this fanbase has turned on Micah because this site has all types of fans on it and it's not an accurate view of how this fanbase truly feels about Micah.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Brace yourself for the offseason and contract talks.
Some will be going nuts on both players and how it's better to trade them now for 1sts.
Oh I already know. You start to see the real hate come out when it's time to sign them and they don't sign a "hometown discount" even though NO ONE signs a "hometown discount" lol. Not in the prime of their careers anyway.