CFZ CeeDee Lamb Deserves the Same Respect Parsons Gets

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Go to the forums of other teams before we play them.

The first thing they'll mention about the Cowboys is that their team needs to stop Parsons. Fans of teams who picked before us in the 2021 draft, even teams that picked really good players like Surtain II in Denver, wish their team took Micah instead.
I agree. I saw Lions fans regretting they didn't get Parsons over Sewell...

Thomas82

Reaction score
He's also a credit to why you don't go for "need" and go best player available. Because I remember draft reports giving us a lower grade because we didn't "need" him and Chaisson was on the field.

And while we had Gallup and Cooper.....Lamb had a higher ceiling. You draft him and then worry about Cooper and Gallup later if need be.
This is spot on!! And let's give thanks to the Raiders, Broncos, and Falcons........the Raiders and Brett for drafting Henry Ruggs and Jerry Jeudy, and for the Falcons for staying in their draft slot and taking AJ Terrell.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
This is spot on!! And let's give thanks to the Raiders, Broncos, and Falcons........the Raiders and Brett for drafting Henry Ruggs and Jerry Jeudy, and for the Falcons for staying in their draft slot and taking AJ Terrell.
Oh yeah I forgot how that draft went down. I remember thinking Falcons or someone was going to jump in front of us and take him. And I think this is coming off a year prior where Eagles jumped in front of us and drafted Dallas Goedert.....so it seemed possible they could jump us. But yeah I could've talked myself into Falcons taking him. I think at the time they had Ridley and Julio. Same position we were in. Had receivers....but Julio was on his last legs....could've had Ridley and Lamb.....reached for Terrell...of course we get Diggs in the 2nd round.

Thomas82

Reaction score
Oh yeah I forgot how that draft went down. I remember thinking Falcons or someone was going to jump in front of us and take him. And I think this is coming off a year prior where Eagles jumped in front of us and drafted Dallas Goedert.....so it seemed possible they could jump us. But yeah I could've talked myself into Falcons taking him. I think at the time they had Ridley and Julio. Same position we were in. Had receivers....but Julio was on his last legs....could've had Ridley and Lamb.....reached for Terrell...of course we get Diggs in the 2nd round.
Actually, the Eagles were trying to trade with the Falcons to take CeeDee, but the Falcons said no because Terrell was the player they wanted. If they did that trade, he wouldn't have been there when it was time for them to pick.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
Not the same. More.

He's producing with out all the talking...and b****** and moaning about this or that...

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Actually, the Eagles were trying to trade with the Falcons to take CeeDee, but the Falcons said no because Terrell was the player they wanted. If they did that trade, he wouldn't have been there when it was time for them to pick.
I thought the issue was they wanted a 2nd rounder to move up....and Philly didn't want to give it up.

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
I would not trade CeeDee as long as we have Dak here.

But I would seriously consider trading Parsons for a host of draft picks and/or some other players in their prime (especially a top-notch DT or MLB). With all the hype around Parsons, he could set the Cowboys up for the next 10 to 12 years with multiple really good, young players.

I like Parsons, a lot, but I would entertain offers in the offseason.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
There's really not a lot more to say, but I have a lot to say about it. During the first 5 or 6 weeks, I think McCarthy held him back.

Now, you may ask, why would McCarthy do something so silly?

Well, a couple of things.

Number one, we have a very young team. It feels like this team has been around for a while. The truth is, our best core players are still developing into better players. When I say core, I mean, the players you build this team around. The players many teams would love to build their franchise around. Tyler Smith, Lamb, Parsons, Dak, Ferguson...

Number two, if you don't hold him back with that vanilla scheme, you're likely going to have to pay Lamb not just number one WR money, as if there was ever any doubt he was a number one, you're also paying him like the best number one receiver in the league money.

We have several big contracts coming up. So, holding him back was one way to preserve the future in spite of all the pressure from the instant gratification types.

All this talk about "cutting Dak." Pfft. Anyone talking about cutting Dak, or perpetually dissing Dak, isn't credible. Sure, Lamb is part of the reason Dak has been so money this year. But we also got rid of his biggest distraction from previous years. As much as I loved Zeke, as much as I hate to say it, Zeke held back Dak's potential. And, I'd argue we're just now seeing Dak at full potential.

Has Dak been perfect on every play? Uh, you tell me which QB has been perfect? Show me a QB playing at the same level that many of our fans hold Dallas QBs to? The video game standards....

You may find one or two playing as good. But nobody is playing better, and Lamb's development has helped him reach this level. No doubt in my mind.

Trusting Dak, in spite of the silly feedback from the loudest clique's of our fanbase, as well as other teams' fanbases, has helped his confidence.

I realize this thread is about Lamb, but Lamb is a big reason for Dak's success. It's amazing what a player can do when the scheme fits his strengths and when you have the right players around him.

As far as I'm concerned CeeDee Lamb is the best WR to ever play in Dallas. Imagine that guy as 88 back in Irvin's day. One thing that embarrasses me as a fan is how Irvin is, somehow, still relevant. I've seen a number of videos where playmaker is literally trashed on air, like toasted, and not a peep from our fanbase. Talk about being held in high regard.

We all talk about Micah Parsons. And, I agree, Parsons is a baller. But, I'd say Lamb is just as good as Parsons is at his position. Minus the ego.

That's why I may be Lamb's biggest fan: he's every bit as good as Irvin was in his prime, minus the blowhard tomfoolery.

If the team's consultants are doing one thing this week, it should be looking ahead at San Fran and finding new, creative, unpredictable ways to scheme around Lamb.

So, yeah, I'll be cliche' and say it. Put some respect on CeeDee Lamb's name.
If I had to pick between the two I would go with lamb.
Larger impact on the game.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I agree. Lamb has been exceptional.

But there was a crazy thread here last week talking about Parsons being overrated and running his mouth too much.

Sooooo……
Same used to happen to Demarcus Ware. This fan base is clueless and can’t recognize greatness.

Parsons can dominate and if it doesn’t show up in the box score then he’s overrated.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
Every time I say that the coaches were holding cards back or playing a vanilla offense....I get completely railroaded on this site.

"You think caoches arent trying to win" "lol...youre a fool if you think coaches arent giving it their best shot to win"

Yet...some games the offense just looks like they arent even trying. And its not because of what the other teams defense is or isnt doing.

I think there is more we could have done against San Fran but we didnt. But a lot of posters on here refuse to think that was even a possibility. I dont get it.
The only thing more Dallas could have done against San Francisco is go get a gun, brass knuckles, or a knife. Cause that arse whipping was coming no matter what.

catiii

Reaction score
The takeaway from all these comments - the elephant in the room - the questionable decisions: MM

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Lamb is incredible. Absolute professional who has mastered his body and his craft. He looks like a man among boys out there. Very proud of him and the way he handles his business.
He really does. I've always wondered why he wasn't given a bit bigger role. I think some of it is the sentimental attachment to some players by the FO, and some of it's probably the reluctance to trust a young guy like Lamb with so much money, and then the cap..

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Yeah see this is the type of stuff I don't get. Parsons is equivalent to what Lamb is for this defense. Teams game plan for Parsons. You take away Parsons from this defense and you have what? One of the worst defenses in the league?
Our defense hasn't played that well in the second half of this season. They're facing better competition this second half and the D is getting butt slapped all over the field. Parsons numbers are on the down swing, Buffalo passed the ball 7 times against the Boys because the D couldn't stop the run game. Miami had their way against the D and Detroit should have beaten us last Sunday because of D-Line couldn't get to Detroit's QB on their last drive, but they got cute with some planned trickery and paid the price for it. The Parsons we all know has been stymied by teams in the second half and his comparisons to LT have to stop!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Our defense hasn't played that well in the second half of this season. They're facing better competition this second half and the D is getting butt slapped all over the field. Parsons numbers are on the down swing, Buffalo passed the ball 7 times against the Boys because the D couldn't stop the run game. Miami had their way against the D and Detroit should have beaten us last Sunday because of D-Line couldn't get to Detroit's QB on their last drive, but they got cute with some planned trickery and paid the price for it. The Parsons we all know has been stymied by teams in the second half and his comparisons to LT have to stop!
Flaws and all he has 100 pressure on the season…

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Still all Dak's fault.

Makes sense doenst it.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Yeah man I think your view of Parsons and this fanbase is a little outdated....Lamb gets way more props and respect than Parsons does. I don't get why the fanbase turned on Parsons....well let me not say that. Because I think the fanbase still loves him I think its this site for whatever reason. The same toxic posters who don't like anything turned on Parsons....Constantly reminding us "he's our best player" just a year ago to "He doesn't show up" and "talks too much".
If he didnt have a podcast. Our fans wouldnt have a leg to stand on. To be honest. I love Parsons, I wanted to draft him during the season when we were picking at 5th overall. I knew he was a monster. However. This podcast needs to end. You want to talk football. Do it in the offseason. The playoffs are coming. Focus.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If he didnt have a podcast. Our fans wouldnt have a leg to stand on. To be honest. I love Parsons, I wanted to draft him during the season when we were picking at 5th overall. I knew he was a monster. However. This podcast needs to end. You want to talk football. Do it in the offseason. The playoffs are coming. Focus.
I have no issue with it. He’s allowed to do what he wants in his spare time. People need to quit listening to him if they have a issue with it.