CFZ CeeDee Lamb Deserves the Same Respect Parsons Gets

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Yeah man I think your view of Parsons and this fanbase is a little outdated....Lamb gets way more props and respect than Parsons does. I don't get why the fanbase turned on Parsons....well let me not say that. Because I think the fanbase still loves him I think its this site for whatever reason. The same toxic posters who don't like anything turned on Parsons....Constantly reminding us "he's our best player" just a year ago to "He doesn't show up" and "talks too much".

Go to the forums of other teams before we play them.

The first thing they'll mention about the Cowboys is that their team needs to stop Parsons. Fans of teams who picked before us in the 2021 draft, even teams that picked really good players like Surtain II in Denver, wish their team took Micah instead.

Staubacher

Reaction score
Another Dak defense thread disguised as a Lamb post.

Wolf in sheep's "lamb" clothing lol

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
As stupid as it sounds, CD doesnt get the respect he deserves because hes used in the slot more than the outside

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Oh I already know. You start to see the real hate come out when it's time to sign them and they don't sign a "hometown discount" even though NO ONE signs a "hometown discount" lol. Not in the prime of their careers anyway.
Its all by design.

Not a coincidence that the BEST QB ever...with most Super Bowls...just happened to take a discount during his career.

Just plays right into the propaganda that litters this board of hating to pay players. Those haters can point to the one guy and say "Look...he did it...you should all do it"

Sad. Manipulative.

Really odd that every sports board I frequent...every one...the majority of posters hate paying players. The overseer has alligator arms. Wants to bait and switch. "Give us your all...you'll get paid"...and then when the time comes doesnt want to pay and would rather sell you down the river.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
He's also a credit to why you don't go for "need" and go best player available. Because I remember draft reports giving us a lower grade because we didn't "need" him and Chaisson was on the field.

And while we had Gallup and Cooper.....Lamb had a higher ceiling. You draft him and then worry about Cooper and Gallup later if need be.
I agree you, 9 times out of 10. I see why we drafted Mazi this year, though. That spot had to be shored up.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
The passing game is a little too one dimensional.
By the way, going back again to being a bit too one-dimensional. I liked what the Commanders and 9ers were doing in their last showdown. It looks like the Commanders are starting to evolve more towards a WCO scheme with some of the wrinkles they added.

Of course, they didn't win. But I liked what they were trying to do anyway.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Every time I say that the coaches were holding cards back or playing a vanilla offense....I get completely railroaded on this site.

"You think caoches arent trying to win" "lol...youre a fool if you think coaches arent giving it their best shot to win"

Yet...some games the offense just looks like they arent even trying. And its not because of what the other teams defense is or isnt doing.

I think there is more we could have done against San Fran but we didnt. But a lot of posters on here refuse to think that was even a possibility. I dont get it.
I agree. Sometimes, you want a team to feel what it feels like to lose. It happens. Some of the best coaches steer their team towards a loss, just to see how they respond. Confident coaches like Johnson, and I'd even say experienced ones like McCarthy.

You don't do this with an average squad. But when you're team is good enough, and you know it, you prime them to measure their grit and psychological response to see who's all in it to win it, and weed out who's on board just for their paycheck. Because, as a coach, you're paycheck depends on those types of players.

Jimmah did things like this back in the day. Just as a test. Look at how he approached Aikman, and how Aikman responded.

I wouldn't be surprised if Jimmah is consulting McCarthy on the low. At least on a few things. That's my favorite thing about McCarthy. He'll listen to what those around him have to say, and implement it if it makes sense.

starfan1

Reaction score
Man I thought Parsons was made of teflon but he too is getting it. I thought he was Mr Untouchable lol.
Na no ones safe our fanbase is spoiled. I think there is a faction of fans here that I cant stand more than eagle fans.At least I know what Im getting with eagles fans.discusting POS's so i expect but to get what we get in here with regularity from supposed cowboy fans still amazes me

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I agree. Lamb has been exceptional.

But there was a crazy thread here last week talking about Parsons being overrated and running his mouth too much.

Sooooo……
Right now i'd rate ceedee over Micah! Ceedee doesn't even run his mouth or have a known podcast!!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
There's really not a lot more to say, but I have a lot to say about it. During the first 5 or 6 weeks, I think McCarthy held him back.

Now, you may ask, why would McCarthy do something so silly?

Well, a couple of things.

Number one, we have a very young team. It feels like this team has been around for a while. The truth is, our best core players are still developing into better players. When I say core, I mean, the players you build this team around. The players many teams would love to build their franchise around. Tyler Smith, Lamb, Parsons, Dak, Ferguson...

Number two, if you don't hold him back with that vanilla scheme, you're likely going to have to pay Lamb not just number one WR money, as if there was ever any doubt he was a number one, you're also paying him like the best number one receiver in the league money.

We have several big contracts coming up. So, holding him back was one way to preserve the future in spite of all the pressure from the instant gratification types.

All this talk about "cutting Dak." Pfft. Anyone talking about cutting Dak, or perpetually dissing Dak, isn't credible. Sure, Lamb is part of the reason Dak has been so money this year. But we also got rid of his biggest distraction from previous years. As much as I loved Zeke, as much as I hate to say it, Zeke held back Dak's potential. And, I'd argue we're just now seeing Dak at full potential.

Has Dak been perfect on every play? Uh, you tell me which QB has been perfect? Show me a QB playing at the same level that many of our fans hold Dallas QBs to? The video game standards....

You may find one or two playing as good. But nobody is playing better, and Lamb's development has helped him reach this level. No doubt in my mind.

Trusting Dak, in spite of the silly feedback from the loudest clique's of our fanbase, as well as other teams' fanbases, has helped his confidence.

I realize this thread is about Lamb, but Lamb is a big reason for Dak's success. It's amazing what a player can do when the scheme fits his strengths and when you have the right players around him.

As far as I'm concerned CeeDee Lamb is the best WR to ever play in Dallas. Imagine that guy as 88 back in Irvin's day. One thing that embarrasses me as a fan is how Irvin is, somehow, still relevant. I've seen a number of videos where playmaker is literally trashed on air, like toasted, and not a peep from our fanbase. Talk about being held in high regard.

We all talk about Micah Parsons. And, I agree, Parsons is a baller. But, I'd say Lamb is just as good as Parsons is at his position. Minus the ego.

That's why I may be Lamb's biggest fan: he's every bit as good as Irvin was in his prime, minus the blowhard tomfoolery.

If the team's consultants are doing one thing this week, it should be looking ahead at San Fran and finding new, creative, unpredictable ways to scheme around Lamb.

So, yeah, I'll be cliche' and say it. Put some respect on CeeDee Lamb's name.
The entire offense was held back because it was new and our starters hadn’t taken a snap in a real game with the new offense until the regular season opener. Dak was being held back until we worked out the kinks.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
There's really not a lot more to say, but I have a lot to say about it. During the first 5 or 6 weeks, I think McCarthy held him back.

Now, you may ask, why would McCarthy do something so silly?

Well, a couple of things.

Number one, we have a very young team. It feels like this team has been around for a while. The truth is, our best core players are still developing into better players. When I say core, I mean, the players you build this team around. The players many teams would love to build their franchise around. Tyler Smith, Lamb, Parsons, Dak, Ferguson...

Number two, if you don't hold him back with that vanilla scheme, you're likely going to have to pay Lamb not just number one WR money, as if there was ever any doubt he was a number one, you're also paying him like the best number one receiver in the league money.

We have several big contracts coming up. So, holding him back was one way to preserve the future in spite of all the pressure from the instant gratification types.

All this talk about "cutting Dak." Pfft. Anyone talking about cutting Dak, or perpetually dissing Dak, isn't credible. Sure, Lamb is part of the reason Dak has been so money this year. But we also got rid of his biggest distraction from previous years. As much as I loved Zeke, as much as I hate to say it, Zeke held back Dak's potential. And, I'd argue we're just now seeing Dak at full potential.

Has Dak been perfect on every play? Uh, you tell me which QB has been perfect? Show me a QB playing at the same level that many of our fans hold Dallas QBs to? The video game standards....

You may find one or two playing as good. But nobody is playing better, and Lamb's development has helped him reach this level. No doubt in my mind.

Trusting Dak, in spite of the silly feedback from the loudest clique's of our fanbase, as well as other teams' fanbases, has helped his confidence.

I realize this thread is about Lamb, but Lamb is a big reason for Dak's success. It's amazing what a player can do when the scheme fits his strengths and when you have the right players around him.

As far as I'm concerned CeeDee Lamb is the best WR to ever play in Dallas. Imagine that guy as 88 back in Irvin's day. One thing that embarrasses me as a fan is how Irvin is, somehow, still relevant. I've seen a number of videos where playmaker is literally trashed on air, like toasted, and not a peep from our fanbase. Talk about being held in high regard.

We all talk about Micah Parsons. And, I agree, Parsons is a baller. But, I'd say Lamb is just as good as Parsons is at his position. Minus the ego.

That's why I may be Lamb's biggest fan: he's every bit as good as Irvin was in his prime, minus the blowhard tomfoolery.

If the team's consultants are doing one thing this week, it should be looking ahead at San Fran and finding new, creative, unpredictable ways to scheme around Lamb.

So, yeah, I'll be cliche' and say it. Put some respect on CeeDee Lamb's name.
Agree with everything except the take that MM was holding back Lamb because of future considerations. MM certainly isn’t going to do that and if the Jones tried to force him I think he would push back. His job depends on winning. What happened is that MM finally realized they can’t run the ball so changed the offense to take advantage of Dak. That and learning the new offense. Takes time to he’ll.

CCBoy

Reaction score
As stupid as it sounds, CD doesnt get the respect he deserves because hes used in the slot more than the outside
As good as he is producing, I don't care if he's considered the highest paid kicker...ever.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Its all by design.

Not a coincidence that the BEST QB ever...with most Super Bowls...just happened to take a discount during his career.

Just plays right into the propaganda that litters this board of hating to pay players. Those haters can point to the one guy and say "Look...he did it...you should all do it"

Sad. Manipulative.

Really odd that every sports board I frequent...every one...the majority of posters hate paying players. The overseer has alligator arms. Wants to bait and switch. "Give us your all...you'll get paid"...and then when the time comes doesnt want to pay and would rather sell you down the river.
Right. But ask those same people to take a pay cut at their jobs and they'd never do it.