CeeDee Lamb on his next contract: I want to be one of the top-paid WRs, if not the top

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

CeeDee Lamb on his next contract: I want to be one of the top-paid WRs, if not the top​

By Charean Williams
Published February 11, 2024

Cowboys receiver CeeDee Lamb made the All-Pro team for the first time in 2023, with an NFL-best 135 receptions.

Lamb is due for a contract extension, due to make $17.991 million on the fifth-year option in 2024.

He went on Micah Parsons’ The Edge podcast and was asked about contract talks.

“I can’t give you no numbers right now, but I’ll tell you this, [I want to be] one of the top paid receivers for sure, if not the [highest-paid receiver],” Lamb said, via a transcript from Jon Machota of ***BLOCKED***. “That’s always the goal.”

More: https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profo...the-top?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Recently seen heading towards CeeDee's house:

tenor.gif

GORICO

Reaction score

CeeDee Lamb on his next contract: I want to be one of the top-paid WRs, if not the top​

By Charean Williams

Cowboys receiver CeeDee Lamb made the All-Pro team for the first time in 2023, with an NFL-best 135 receptions.

Lamb is due for a contract extension, due to make $17.991 million on the fifth-year option in 2024.

“I can’t give you no numbers right now, but I’ll tell you this, [I want to be] one of the top paid receivers for sure, if not the [highest-paid receiver],” Lamb said, via a transcript from Jon Machota of ***BLOCKED***. “That’s always the goal.”

More: https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profo...the-top?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
mr big dog---how about Lamb say stuff like i want to be NFL's #1 threat instead of just looking to cash in....ticks me off to high heaven...these entitled dummies

Captain-Crash

Reaction score

By Charean Williams

forget it CD, we don't have the money. Can you play for less and carry us more? please, one-third of the pie has already been eaten up.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I hate that players never want to give home team discounts for the betterment of the team. I also hate that I'm rooting for guys to take less money that saves billionaire owners a few million bucks that they'll never miss.

I really wish the system could be changed so that teams resigning their own drafted talent at top dollar could get a break against the cap.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Well, he’s one of the top receivers in the league. Can’t be mad that he wants to be paid market value.

It’s gonna eat a ton of cap but unless you just decide to not sign your own superstars to second contracts, you can’t expect to compete.

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
no idea why many folks have an issue for this. this is a job to these guys, and if you are the best, you should get paid like it. I know i would.

You take a hometown discount to "help" the team, and next thing you know you're traded to cleveland.

Get paid young hitta, get paid.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Another above-average player who will be paid elite money.
Thank the heavens for the dog teams he faced last season as he is MIA against playoff-bound teams.
Not 100% his fault of course................

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
no idea why many folks have an issue for this. this is a job to these guys, and if you are the best, you should get paid like it. I know i would.

You take a hometown discount to "help" the team, and next thing you know you're traded to cleveland.

Get paid young hitta, get paid.
So you're admitting you want the players to get paid more than you want to see super bowls?

Do you see the two teams playing in the game right now? Some of them deserve to get paid, not some lazy chokers who didn't think it was important enough to show up for a wildcard game.