CeeDee Lamb on his next contract: I want to be one of the top-paid WRs, if not the top

blueblood70

Reaction score
Today's players are greedy as hell and are all about getting as much $$$$ as they can. Most have no loyalty. Jerry needs to put his foot down and start making examples of them before he no longer can afford a playoff capable team thanks to a handful of super greedy drama queens.
Really??

maybe you don't remember this but you sure do say a lot of things that don't make any sense,

Emmitt Smith held out before he got his first contract, then he held out again, the man was always the top paid running back even on his last legacy deal when he was clearly washed, jerry gave it to him anyway and yet when Ezekiel Elliott did it it was a problem. Hypocrite much?​
no your memory is a problem players have always done this because they know their careers are short and a lot of them see their counterparts that can't walk or have issues thinking without getting headaches, they know they need to cash in....​
I'm not saying they should all look for the top contract every year they need to be realistic, you know like Prescott is not as good as Mahomes he probably shouldn't be paid as much mahomes is not just the best quarterback in the league he has the hardware but please don't say this is today's player versus yesterday's player.... that's nonsense we even seen Deon Sanders do it dude was way out there that was a long time ago as a matter of fact he probably set the precedence for the way players are proud of themselves and want top money but hey say its todays player.​

The big argument here is if the cap keeps going up and the leagues making more money than ever then shouldn't the players get their biggest chunk and not have it all go back to the owner they're supposed to spend almost all of the cap, I forget what the rule is but there's a rule is you're supposed to spend a big chunk of your money to build your team and they're making sure the players get their piece, you know they're in unions by the way....​
I get both sides of the argument but if the money's there the players are going to get their hands out...​

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Really??

maybe you don't remember this but you sure do say a lot of things that don't make any sense,

Emmitt Smith held out before he got his first contract, then he held out again, the man was always the top paid running back even on his last legacy deal when he was clearly washed, jerry gave it to him anyway and yet when Ezekiel Elliott did it it was a problem. Hypocrite much?​
no your memory is a problem players have always done this because they know their careers are short and a lot of them see their counterparts that can't walk or have issues thinking without getting headaches, they know they need to cash in....​
I'm not saying they should all look for the top contract every year they need to be realistic, you know like Prescott is not as good as Mahomes he probably shouldn't be paid as much mahomes is not just the best quarterback in the league he has the hardware but please don't say this is today's player versus yesterday's player.... that's nonsense we even seen Deon Sanders do it dude was way out there that was a long time ago as a matter of fact he probably set the precedence for the way players are proud of themselves and want top money but hey say its todays player.​

The big argument here is if the cap keeps going up and the leagues making more money than ever then shouldn't the players get their biggest chunk and not have it all go back to the owner they're supposed to spend almost all of the cap, I forget what the rule is but there's a rule is you're supposed to spend a big chunk of your money to build your team and they're making sure the players get their piece, you know they're in unions by the way....​
I get both sides of the argument but if the money's there the players are going to get their hands out...​
Have you ever ran a business? You would understand if you did. The salary cap puts a limit on whether you can assemble a playoff quality team or not. Got to make hard but wise choices.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
If you cry for money and win a super bowl you will be remembered as a god. Cry for money and get treated like a pathetic sex doll you will be ridiculed forever.

RB Smith is a god. WR Irvin is titan. Say whatever you want about QB Troy it doesn't matter dude is an all time legend.

RB Zeke, WR Dez, DE Lawrence all pathetic losers. Not even real men. Sad little losers.

WR Lamb, DE Parsons, QB Dak we shall see but they are certainly trending in the wrong direction.

You can have all the money. You can have all the fame. You can have your podcast and your protein powder. You can not have my love. It must be earned. Disappear worms you mean nothing to me.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
I mean ....... whats a guy supposed to say?

"Nahhh its ok to pay me less"
How about, "I don't wish to discuss the details as the deal has yet to be worked out. My agent will deal with all of that while I do whatever it takes to get better and help the Cowboys get where we want to be."

That's a lot better than making it clear that the big bag is all you care about. We've seen the big bag types have career years in contract years, get the big bag, then mentally check out after that.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
How about, "I don't wish to discuss the details as the deal has yet to be worked out. My agent will deal with all of that while I do whatever it takes to get better and help the Cowboys get where we want to be."

That's a lot better than making it clear that the big bag is all you care about. We've seen the big bag types have career years in contract years, get the big bag, then mentally check out after that.
Putting your own spin on his words means nothing to me

GORICO

Reaction score
Fact you all care so much of what these payers do in their daily lives is very concerning, LET IT GO!! Get a Life, comes to mind... apparently you all care about theirs more than your won.,.

that not what i said,

i said you plan a party win or lose ahead of time you don't know the outcome BUT in case you win, you have the planner get it all panned Out. ONE can plan party that big the next day out of the blue. overreactions to what these players do the fact its reported on 24-7-365 shows how little privacy they get and its concerning for sure. LET IT GO>>

it's not bad optics, those sharing and posting on it have the issue, not them.

no need to cancel you make deposits pay a lot up front and an end of the year gathering for their teammates is what it became and NOYDB they did this. back in the day before 24/7 oversaturation of media and internet and SM players did this no one knew about it it's the only difference.

what are they supposed to stop living because they lost the game? people have celebrations over funerals as well as birthdays. No difference...
i probably overreacted....it all just hurt too much...apologies

GORICO

Reaction score
yeah until he gets the money
i love CeeDee...i thought when he first came in he was too "slight"..but his toughness proved me wrong...he dont miss many games...anyone that can get 120 receptions and over 1700 yards and over 10 TD's is a stud

GORICO

Reaction score
In one year we’ll be saying we overpaid for Lamb, in 3 years we’ll say what a great deal it was.
Sarge---when Lamb first came in league i thought he looked too "slight" and would get injured a lot...his toughness proved me wrong....over 120 receptions and 1,700 yards and 10 TD's and not missing games...he is total stud

GORICO

Reaction score
He was actually the real MVP of the offense, as the offense really was about putting Lamb in motion and getting him isolated one on one. When the Packers with their basic pass defense decided to scheme him out the offense, we all saw what happened.

He was targeted for close to 180 times before the playoffs even started.
and had what 120 receptions...that is like a 75% catch rate...i know it was over 60% and that is elite....set record in yds and receptions....tough cookie...i thought at first oh man Lamb is slippery but very "slight" on the weight but his heart is huge and proved me wrong....rarely misses games

GORICO

Reaction score
He's one of the few that I would say, pay the man

For the last season and 1/2 he elevated to a top 10 receiver and I will NEVER question his toughness again.

He's a baller
mr Shabazz----bullseye

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Lamb was an absolute boss all season long but that playoff game and his reaction to it are a massive red flag. Without some sort of explanation as to what happened I would have cause for concern.

StarChamber_33

Reaction score
That's no surprise, CeeDee basically confirmed what we all suspected.. **But just imagine what Micah's number will be?! :facepalm:

blueblood70

Reaction score
i probably overreacted....it all just hurt too much...apologies
bad optics Romo and Whitten going to Cabo before a big game but did it effect the game not one bit, why you ask because the worst player on the team didn't go ie Crayton the label of the "Crayton game" ..,but an end of season party that was preplanned win or loss. No its not bad optics itis understandable given a Party has to be preplanned.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Dak is so bad that it’s sad
so we talking about bad bad equals good because top ten all time and this year's second and MVP voting second team all pro one of his best seasons as a professional I don't know how fans look at our quarterback and they can look at twenty others and call our quarterback bad....

The worst things about Cowboys fans you know the bad ones are the ones that exaggerate there is no middle ground, you're either a Hall of Fame popular player or you're a bust and you're bad and they call you average and overrated and yet it's not even close to the truth..

Dak during the regular season probably played as the top quarterback in the NFL and yet you call him bad because his team didn't show up with him, they all played bad, but we just keep picking out him because he's easy target because of his contract... In fact there's a lot of contracts in the top ten quarterback market a lot of guys it's never been to a Super Bowl a lot of guys that haven't won many games in the playoffs a lot of guys that have fell short and some of those guys like this year. I don't know Lamar Jackson's supposed to be the MVP he had one of the best defenses they gave up very little points in the playoffs the best rushing team in the NFL and he couldn't make the Super bowl I mean how's that work how can you have an MVP quarterback with the best defense in the league with the best rushing offense in the league it's still not make the Super bowl??​

The easy answer it's a team game the little things matter and the luck goes a long way... Great teams pick up other teammates when they're having an off game that's a truly championship team literally we watch guys that could lead the league in interceptions like Matthew Stafford throw 2 interceptions in the Super bowl did they talk about the two interceptions no because their team overcame it they talk about the three interceptions that Tom Brady threw in the Tampa Bay Super Bowl year in the championship game no because they won the game great teams pulled together and they prop each other up and they have each other's backs and we haven't had a team like that since the 90s that literally has it all come together and there's some dog on every level that won't let their team lose in a big moment no matter if a player is having an off game or not....

The problem is there are too many leaks in our team like too many holes to cover up.... If this was just a quarterback issue I tell you but we are far from it just being a quarterback issue if you can't win with a quarterback like Prescott there are problems all over the team and we already saw it lack of a run game lack of a physical offensive line bad in the trenches no linebackers bad game plans bad execution etc etc

Thomas82

Reaction score
and had what 120 receptions...that is like a 75% catch rate...i know it was over 60% and that is elite....set record in yds and receptions....tough cookie...i thought at first oh man Lamb is slippery but very "slight" on the weight but his heart is huge and proved me wrong....rarely misses games
He actually had 135 catches, leading the NFL. But all of your points are valid.