CeeDee Lamb on his next contract: I want to be one of the top-paid WRs, if not the top

GORICO

Reaction score
Lol! How exactly is he acting entitled when he earned it?
exciter...uh...i dont know....earned what???....the whole team the coaching the owner....get so humiliated first round wild card ...worst playoff loss in history

we looked so bush league....yeah i guess i got no idea....lets pay the man and make him highest paid reciever of all time...and while we are at it...lets pay

everyone like we are 5 years in a row super bowl champs?...thanks for setting me straight

kskboys

Reaction score
This is a yellow flag to me. CeeDee has said recently he needs to mature and be a leader. Talking about being the highest paid WR is not showing leadership. Even if this is how he feels, and I understand why he feels that way, it isnot a team oriented comment, the kind team leaders make. CeeDee had a great year. He may be the 2nd best WR in the league. But I would have preferred for him to say something like "I'd love to stay in Dallas for my entire career and win a SB here, this money thing will work itself out at some point."

I don't expect players to take less than what they can get. They are like any other employees who want what is best for themselves and their families. They have short careers and frankly, why let the owners just get richer and richer. Still, I prefer them to to not talk about the money so much.
The owners are going to get richer and richer no matter what. What does how much Ceedee make have to do w/ what the owners make? I'm not getting the connection.

exciter

Reaction score
exciter...uh...i dont know....earned what???....the whole team the coaching the owner....get so humiliated first round wild card ...worst playoff loss in history

we looked so bush league....yeah i guess i got no idea....lets pay the man and make him highest paid reciever of all time...and while we are at it...lets pay

everyone like we are 5 years in a row super bowl champs?...thanks for setting me straight
Lol, players get paid on overall production. Not one game where you got butthurt because your childish needs and expectations of instant gratification through a sports team weren’t met. Simple basic reasoning skills… he’s going to get paid and paid a lot…either here or somewhere else. Shrilly screaming and vigorously stomping your little feet ain’t gonna change that reality!

GORICO

Reaction score
Lol, players get paid on overall production. Not one game where you got butthurt because your childish needs and expectations of instant gratification through a sports team weren’t met. Simple basic reasoning skills… he’s going to get paid and paid a lot…either here or somewhere else. Shrilly screaming and vigorously stomping your little feet ain’t gonna change that reality!
You are NOT WRONG....i was

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

CeeDee Lamb on his next contract: I want to be one of the top-paid WRs, if not the top​

By Charean Williams
Published February 11, 2024

Cowboys receiver CeeDee Lamb made the All-Pro team for the first time in 2023, with an NFL-best 135 receptions.

Lamb is due for a contract extension, due to make $17.991 million on the fifth-year option in 2024.

He went on Micah Parsons’ The Edge podcast and was asked about contract talks.

“I can’t give you no numbers right now, but I’ll tell you this, [I want to be] one of the top paid receivers for sure, if not the [highest-paid receiver],” Lamb said, via a transcript from Jon Machota of ***BLOCKED***. “That’s always the goal.”

More: https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profo...the-top?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
Not surprised at all.
This is typical for what this team is all about.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I don't expect players to take less than what they can get. They are like any other employees who want what is best for themselves and their families. They have short careers and frankly, why let the owners just get richer and richer
the $ comes out of the cap not owners wallets, so what they pay players has nothing to do with how much they make.
All it does is hurt the lower level guys who are not star players.
The non star players have to then take less when teams give a few players these ridiculous high salary's.

And if a team wants to sign 2-3 really good FA they then cant afford it.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
He is one of the best wide receivers in the league so...he isn't saying anything out of line. If he was the 15th or 16th best player in his position expecting elite money then he would be delusional...
he has already said he is the BEST WR in the nfl , so isnt that a little delusional?
This past season he racked up a lot of yards and td's against really bad teams.
Lets see how he does this coming season, but I think they have to sign him before that.

He will get the top pay because jerry likes to overpay as he thinks it helps sell the team , to the somewhat dumb fan base.

The smart thing to do is trade him for draft picks, let the team he goes to pay the big contract, and use the draft picks to get another
top wr or 2 in draft, and both would make way less than what it costs if you go with CD
. Then you have 2 good wr who make way less for
next 5 years and you have more cap to spend on FA.

DZSierra

Reaction score
Where did the purity of the game go. I blame sport betting.
Purity of the game?

Pro football going back to the 1930's was nothing more than business and about the money it could bring in.

Wasn't until about 20 years ago that players actually got paid what they were somwhat worth by the owners for the fans they could bring in.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Whatever you prairie dwellers think of CeeDee, it takes me breath away to think what CeeDee could achieve with a QB with a softer, surer touch.
Mahomes, Allen, Stroud, Love, Purdy, even Goff come to mind.
One can dream, yes?

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
lmao, you guys don't want to pay him because he disappeared, but you are fine paying the loser qb who disappears in every big game. wow, just incredible.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
This is not a game. Most of the time it is not even a sport in the sense it was back in the 70’s and before.
Before there was a salary cap, created by the owners greed, no one cared what a player was paid.

This is an entertainment industry, and it’s a job for these guys, a job that is very short lived, even for the best players. I find it a little silly that fans have a problem with a worker negotiating for every dollar he can get, whether he “deserves” it or not. What some of you suggest is actually unAmerican. We all think we deserve more money for what we do. From teachers to doctors and lawyers to politicians to billionaire NFL owners, everyone is going to try and get paid as much as they can.

Stop whining about it or suggesting anyone should take less “for the team.”

NFCBeasts

Reaction score
No more bottom feeder schedule next season …. going to suck when we overpay two players and take a step back.

blueblood70

Reaction score
correct and sickening
you know I said this when it happened and apparently it doesn't really comprehend how you all don't comprehend that if they're assuming they wanna have a party you don't wait till after you win to play in a party that big you literally have to go ahead and rent the space and set up everyone with deposits to make sure it happens if it needs to happen maybe you never planned a big party or even a small one at your house you typically don't wait till right after you decide to say everybody show up today at 10 that's not how it works you'd literally have to pre plan parties especially like this....

So can you all stop spreading the narrative as if these players purposely thought they were gonna win the game and got big heads and didn't show up and play well because they were planning to win easily because they planned some parties afterwards they literally have to plan ahead it's not a big deal it's pretty common practice but the biggest difference is when it's the Cowboys everybody's gonna know about it it's gonna be a big story everyone else gets kicked under the carpet because even though it's very normal it's not the Cowboys so it's not a story....

blueblood70

Reaction score
he has already said he is the BEST WR in the nfl , so isnt that a little delusional?
This past season he racked up a lot of yards and td's against really bad teams.
Lets see how he does this coming season, but I think they have to sign him before that.

He will get the top pay because jerry likes to overpay as he thinks it helps sell the team , to the somewhat dumb fan base.

The smart thing to do is trade him for draft picks, let the team he goes to pay the big contract, and use the draft picks to get another
top wr or 2 in draft, and both would make way less than what it costs if you go with CD
. Then you have 2 good wr who make way less for
next 5 years and you have more cap to spend on FA.
First of all, I get what you're trying to say but let's keep it real... he put up big numbers almost against every team he played except for a game when the rest of the team also played bad in Green Bay the playoff game....

literally go look at his stats, he went on a run against every team he played, I mean some of the games that were for the division he had like 178 yards against Philly in that game but I believe he actually had a hundred against Miami... I mean I don't remember all his stats I just know he went on a very very long run and it wasn't just against bad teams but you do realize that every single player in the NFL has a 17 game schedule that's going to have peaks and valleys of good and bad teams but they all end up with the same stats at the end of the year that would be your total stats you can't cherry pick players to try to not pay them if he feels he's one of the top players at his position he'd be right is he the best, that's subjective ,that's debatable...

But please stop using that narrative you are all do it like ohh you build all his stats against the bad teams you know what song is everyone else most of which we all play the same teams this guy has done nothing but get better from day one and now he's at his peak he may even have a little bit more to go but he put himself into the top five and he turned himself into an elite number one whatever that means that would be just for this year just like Prescott gets to say he's an all pro and that he was second in MVP voting whether you like the guy or not that's how it works you play 17 games every player builds their stats and they beat up on the bad teams more than they beat up on the good teams but they all get the same total at the end of the year with the peaks and valleys..

I can't explain it any differently than that if you wanna argue that that's on you but that's how the NFL works that's how all sports work you play your entire schedule and then you're ranked you don't get to go back and cherry pick where they got their stats from because you'd have to do that with every single player.. I remember many times I don't know when Justin Jefferson and A.J. Brown played us they didn't have their best games but nobody really brings that up when they're about to get paid I mean how many draft picks did Philly give up and then what did they pay A.J. Brown are you trying to tell me A.J. Brown is better than CD lamb but he was one of the top paid wide receivers when he got his new contract...​
I'm not arguing that he shouldn't be the very top highest paid wide receiver in the league but he's somewhere between that and #5 that's how it works when you're up for a contract like if you were to be franchise tagged you're judged by the top five contracts and with Jefferson and chase up for deals as well they're all waiting to see who gets paid cause it's gonna raise the level of that top five...​