CeeDee Lamb on his next contract: I want to be one of the top-paid WRs, if not the top

blueblood70

Reaction score
he has already said he is the BEST WR in the nfl , so isnt that a little delusional?
This past season he racked up a lot of yards and td's against really bad teams.
Lets see how he does this coming season, but I think they have to sign him before that.

He will get the top pay because jerry likes to overpay as he thinks it helps sell the team , to the somewhat dumb fan base.

The smart thing to do is trade him for draft picks, let the team he goes to pay the big contract, and use the draft picks to get another
top wr or 2 in draft, and both would make way less than what it costs if you go with CD
. Then you have 2 good wr who make way less for
next 5 years and you have more cap to spend on FA.
only against bad teams?? he had,

Playoff team eligible only,

227 against lions and 118 against Miami , 191 the eagles, and even though i realize it was a lot of garbage time 9-110 against GB in the playoff game, 158 against the rams..

honorable mentions,

Jets d is regarded as very good 143

and those don't even count what he was doing behind the line of scrimmage when they had him participate in the run game at times you know with motions and whatnot so please don't say that he built his entire season I'm beating up bad teams only that's a terrible narrative like I said in my long winded one here's some proof.... The man literally played seventeen games like the rest of the wide receivers in the league had very similar schedules and literally set Dallas cowboy records and you're acting like he only played well against bad teams in fact he played well almost every game with very little holes just like everyone else you're gonna have some ebbs and flows and it depends on the rest of the offense that they give them time to throw where teams starting to take him away doubling him tripling him I mean we could go on and on about this but please don't act like this dude did this like you all act like Prescott every time he sets records it must have been in garbage time only..lol

look I don't wanna pay this dude $35 million either there's a reason Kansas City had to make those choices as well as other teams had to let go of heal and devante Adams and whatnot because that's a lot of money to pay a wide receiver...​

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I mean ....... whats a guy supposed to say?

"Nahhh its ok to pay me less"

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Today's players are greedy as hell and are all about getting as much $$$$ as they can. Most have no loyalty. Jerry needs to put his foot down and start making examples of them before he no longer can afford a playoff capable team thanks to a handful of super greedy drama queens.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Today's players are greedy as hell and are all about getting as much $$$$ as they can. Most have no loyalty. Jerry needs to put his foot down and start making examples of them before he no longer can afford a playoff capable team thanks to a handful of super greedy drama queens.
Well, JJ should start with your crush first! He's the one that is taking most of the coin.

GORICO

Reaction score
you know I said this when it happened and apparently it doesn't really comprehend how you all don't comprehend that if they're assuming they wanna have a party you don't wait till after you win to play in a party that big you literally have to go ahead and rent the space and set up everyone with deposits to make sure it happens if it needs to happen maybe you never planned a big party or even a small one at your house you typically don't wait till right after you decide to say everybody show up today at 10 that's not how it works you'd literally have to pre plan parties especially like this....

So can you all stop spreading the narrative as if these players purposely thought they were gonna win the game and got big heads and didn't show up and play well because they were planning to win easily because they planned some parties afterwards they literally have to plan ahead it's not a big deal it's pretty common practice but the biggest difference is when it's the Cowboys everybody's gonna know about it it's gonna be a big story everyone else gets kicked under the carpet because even though it's very normal it's not the Cowboys so it's not a story....
ok mr blue----if you think they knew they were going to lose and planned this big party...that is even worse....sometimes you cancel stuff because of optics and

take the loss of monies as a learning experience....so of course they were already thinking ahead that they had this game in the bag and got spanked hard....but

when you are the DC and keep guys weighing a little over 200 pounds as linebackers to stop the run and get spanked...whose fault is it?...then the run sets up

pass and we looked so lost....so yeah go have a huge celebration afterward....those are great optics...Ok i see....hope they had time of their lives

Flamma

Reaction score
His market value on Spotrac has him at 28.8M. He's probably going to want more. I wouldn't pay him that.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I like Lamb's game. He seems to have found the toughness he was lacking. I'd be happy to have him on the roster. BUT. History shows that breaking the bank on a WR1 rarely works out.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Lamb, Micah, and Dak have been in the league long enough to establish leadership on this team. They haven't done it now, and it's not going to happen. You either have it or you don't. Dez was the last true vocal leader the Cowboys had
Harsh about all 3 but cant say I disagree.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Lamb, Micah, and Dak have been in the league long enough to establish leadership on this team. They haven't done it now, and it's not going to happen. You either have it or you don't. Dez was the last true vocal leader the Cowboys had
I completely agree except for Dez. He was not a vocal leader. He was a selfish self centered loud mouth. He was a child. He was as far from a leader as you could get. The guy was a grown man who still needed a baby sitter.

shabazz

Reaction score
He's one of the few that I would say, pay the man

For the last season and 1/2 he elevated to a top 10 receiver and I will NEVER question his toughness again.

He's a baller

Deionindahood

Reaction score
Dak at 60M, CD at 45M, and Parsons at 35M. That's 140M out of a project 242M cap. That will work....

blueblood70

Reaction score
ok mr blue----if you think they knew they were going to lose and planned this big party...that is even worse....sometimes you cancel stuff because of optics and

take the loss of monies as a learning experience....so of course they were already thinking ahead that they had this game in the bag and got spanked hard....but

when you are the DC and keep guys weighing a little over 200 pounds as linebackers to stop the run and get spanked...whose fault is it?...then the run sets up

pass and we looked so lost....so yeah go have a huge celebration afterward....those are great optics...Ok i see....hope they had time of their lives
Fact you all care so much of what these payers do in their daily lives is very concerning, LET IT GO!! Get a Life, comes to mind... apparently you all care about theirs more than your won.,.

that not what i said,

i said you plan a party win or lose ahead of time you don't know the outcome BUT in case you win, you have the planner get it all panned Out. ONE can plan party that big the next day out of the blue. overreactions to what these players do the fact its reported on 24-7-365 shows how little privacy they get and its concerning for sure. LET IT GO>>

it's not bad optics, those sharing and posting on it have the issue, not them.

no need to cancel you make deposits pay a lot up front and an end of the year gathering for their teammates is what it became and NOYDB they did this. back in the day before 24/7 oversaturation of media and internet and SM players did this no one knew about it it's the only difference.

what are they supposed to stop living because they lost the game? people have celebrations over funerals as well as birthdays. No difference...

khiladi

Reaction score
I foresee CeeDee shattering a lot of Cowboys receiving records over his career. Get it done
With a 17 game season and QBs throwing over 30 times a game and sticky gloves while playing the passing secondaries of the Commanders and Eagles, he, among with a bunch of other WRs, should..

khiladi

Reaction score
He’s the best player on the team
He was actually the real MVP of the offense, as the offense really was about putting Lamb in motion and getting him isolated one on one. When the Packers with their basic pass defense decided to scheme him out the offense, we all saw what happened.

He was targeted for close to 180 times before the playoffs even started.

blueblood70

Reaction score
OK you know justin jefferson and jamar chase said the same exact thing... This is the nature of business and with sports right now guys who believe they're in the top of there positions want top money....

I believe wide receiver might be the only spot we're desperate because if we don't we're right back the way we were in 2018 going after amari Cooper there is no true depth as far as a young up and coming player behind CD lamb and he's peeking right now....

I might argue it'd be easier to replace Micah Parsons in CD Lamb I don't know I'm not saying that for a fact but you can find ways to generate pass rush with the way the rest of our players are assembled and adding a player but when you're a wide receiver out on an island and there is no real weapons outside of him to draw coverage you need a guy like him on the team it's a tough decision I know...

There's a big difference between what the Bengals and what I saw of the Minnesota Vikings is by the way even though they lost Jefferson for most of the year and Kirk cousins they had some viable weapons at wide receiver especially speed guys I mean I was a little impressed with their depth and then you have T Higgins and I can't remember that third guy's pretty good too they have other options....

So this is what we have to do you want to get rid of CD lamb trade in but you better then pick a first Round Top wide receiver and hope he works out we've seen teams try that over and over for years and before they hit on one you know like the Eagles hell New England Patriots still haven't found a wide receiver....

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He's one of the few that I would say, pay the man

For the last season and 1/2 he elevated to a top 10 receiver and I will NEVER question his toughness again.

He's a baller
yeah until he gets the money