CeeDee Lamb: Over or under 50 receptions

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I'm taking the over.

Wouldn't be surprised if he catches 65 passes for 1000 yards.

Excited to see what he does for the offense.

Still can't believe Dallas got him!
I think over, given witten is not there and although Jarwin is supposedly faster, he is not necessarily better in short range. and randall cobb as the third receiver last year had 55 catches..... so CD, if he is what he is expected to be should have over 50 and 700 yards.

Johnny23

Reaction score
Not your average rookie receiver.
Davante Adams struggled his rookie year and he's a stud. The thousand yard rookie wr is rare even for the greats. Who knows how team chemistry and effectiveness will be effected by the pandemic.

I am taking the under. Wouldn't be surprised if it's over.

Tussinman

Reaction score
Randall Cobb got 55 catches last year, and Lamb looks like a more talented player. I'm taking the over.
not only that people keep making references to other high-pick rookies but you can't do that

Lamb is going to be the biggest mismatch on the field in terms of positioning and who he's lined up against. That's literally 100% the perfect situation for any day one rookie, being the biggest mismatch on the field day one

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
I'm taking the over.

I think under (I figured ~50), but I think the majority will be big impact plays... he'll move the ball in chunks.

I also think he becomes a major weapon that expands the play-calling in and what the team considers the "redzone" by 10-15yds.

Getting to the 35 won't be "at least we're in FG range" it'll be "Now we're in TD range"

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Davante Adams struggled his rookie year and he's a stud. The thousand yard rookie wr is rare even for the greats. Who knows how team chemistry and effectiveness will be effected by the pandemic.

Davante Adams was a 2nd round pick out of Fresno St that wasn't as developed coming out.

Cattle_Rancher

Reaction score
Under with two other WRs established with Dak a good RB a TE who Dak is familiar with i just dont see Lamb getting the targets. You have to consider no mini camps and who knows what training camp will be like no time for Dak and Lamb to figure each other out and i think Lamb will be behind in learning the offense.

Thomas82

Reaction score
Anything over 45 catches, 600 yards, and 6 touchdowns would be gravy for me.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score

Ill give you the pandemic but Davante Adams was a late 2nd round pick. Lamb shoulda been top 10 and should start immediately.

RS12

Reaction score
16 game schedule means a little over 3 catches per game. I would say over because once they see what a playmaker he is, his targets should greatly increase.

Frozen700

Reaction score
With Dak?

Under

25-30 catches.

With a couple of throws that might end his career. He's young so he will try to prove himself trying to chase a Dak Duck, and nearly kill off himself

#DontpayDak

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Dalton could care less,, he likes what he is seeing.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm taking the over.

Cowboy_Shawn

Reaction score
Assuming there are no major injuries and everyone remains relatively healthy, I think Lamb will finish with about 40 catches for two reasons.

1. There are two very good WRs ahead of him on the depth chart plus you're going to have the TEs cutting into his opportunities as well.

2. We still have a very good OL and a top 3 RB so there will be a commitment to running the ball. Also, not only will Zeke and Pollard see 25-30 carries per game but both are very capable receivers as well. I feel confident penciling our RBs in for 60-70 receptions between them.

It'll be tough for Lamb to hit 50 receptions in this offense.

I do however think Lamb has a legitimate chance to the team in average yards per catch and yards after catch.

Cowboy_Shawn

Reaction score
A lot of you guys are assuming a rookie WR will just step in and immediately play at a high level.

WR has historically been one of the harder positions for players to play when making the jump from NCAA to NFL football.

I love Lamb and think he'll be a Pro Bowler and All-Pro one day, but I have to take into consideration that he'll be a rookie learning on the job.