Twitter: Ceedee to hold out?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He’s definitely holding out if they don’t work out a deal before training camp. You can see it coming when he didn’t show up for mandatory OTA’s. Jerry has a history of caving when camp arrives. When Zeke held out he caved. When Zack held out last summer during camp he caved.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
As well he should. The Cowboys have had months and months to get this done. Instead they sit around waiting for leaves to fall.
I agree. They also did this with Dak. Soon players and free agents won't want to play for Dallas because they are cheap and don't want to win. Jerry and capboy is the culprit, and not the players.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
He’s definitely holding out if they don’t work out a deal before training camp. You can see it coming when he didn’t show up for mandatory OTA’s. Jerry has a history of caving when camp arrives. When Zeke held out he caved. When Zack held out last summer during camp he caved.
Jerry is so predictable. Not only does our FO not work, they give leverage back to players. I'm sure Lamb is ok waiting this out.

75boyz

Reaction score
IF Zeke can hold out 2 years early and Jerry caved to one of the worst 2nd contracts in Cowboys history... Then certainly CeeDee can hold out a year early and get an equally embarrassing market setting cap killer of a deal. I mean heck, Jerry even caved to an offensive guard last year so this ain't no big thing really.

From there, we just need lil Stevie to add Dak and Micah's extensions to his shopping list and status quo will soon to be restored.

And oh, what an impressive status quo it's been.

Cowboys!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I'm sure Lamb is ok waiting this out.
Cee Dee isn’t ok with it. It will cost him some money with fines. However, he’ll make that up with the new contract. A prolonged hold out could disrupt his season.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
So why hasn't he tried to trade Lamb for some picks before the draft then?

Atm Jerry and the FO really don't seem to have anything you could even remotely call strategy.
Exactly. They have no plan. If they wanted to rebuild they could have dumped Dak, traded Lamb and/or Parsons for 1st round picks, etc..

Now with all three coming back in 2024 this is a ten or eleven win team that will have no chance to draft a QB or WR or DE worthy of replacing any of them.

If their plan is to sit around and get worse, they succeeded.