CeeDee vs. AJ

Toro9

Reaction score
I have a feeling CD will become a diva after this year. Maybe not on the Ochocinco or T.O. level but we need to get his deal sealed up ASAP.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
They really have nothing in common lol. I don't know why the comparison. I' even argue that Dez was more physical and ha better ability to go up and get it. But that's where the comparisons stop. AJ Brown is essentially open most of the game and it's not because of him being physical.
I guess I was just thinking about their physicality as a WR and ability to win contested balls and be physical with CBs. you are right. dez is nowhere close to Brown

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
They really have nothing in common lol. I don't know why the comparison. I' even argue that Dez was more physical and ha better ability to go up and get it. But that's where the comparisons stop. AJ Brown is essentially open most of the game and it's not because of him being physical.
Yup. Brown's style is closer to Brandon Marshall than it is Dez, IMO.

The only comparison is really size... 6'2"-ish, 225ish lbs.

Brown's routes are much better. Dez was better at jump balls, but to be fair, he was better than almost anyone not named Megatron or Moss.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yup. Brown's style is closer to Brandon Marshall than it is Dez, IMO.

The only comparison is really size... 6'2"-ish, 225ish lbs.

Brown's routes are much better. Dez was better at jump balls, but to be fair, he was better than almost anyone not named Megatron or Moss.
Oh he was. That's why I don't want to sell Dez short like he was some bum. Because when it came up to snagging a football it was elite and one of the best. HIs toughness and physicality one of the best to. AJ Brown possesses some of those traits but he's a solid route runner too.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have a feeling CD will become a diva after this year. Maybe not on the Ochocinco or T.O. level but we need to get his deal sealed up ASAP.
It was weird to me how the media folks, when CeeDee complained about not getting the ball enough, fell over themselves to say how he did it in a "good' way, it wasn't "me me me," it was "I want to help the team." That kind of framing usually means that the media likes the guy, that he's nice to them (gives good sound bites they can use or feeds them dirt). The framing is very different for guys they don't like.

I'm not saying CeeDee is a diva or whatever, I'm just saying you can't trust the way media folks talk about people in the organization.

The Natural

Reaction score
Dez was a better player than AJ brown
These mugs must have forgotten. Dez catch radius was ridiculous and he literally moved like a running back once the ball was in his hands. “Bu but route running..” fouttahere only Cowboy WR in my viewing lifetime you knew it was 6 when the ball was released

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
These mugs must have forgotten. Dez catch radius was ridiculous and he literally moved like a running back once the ball was in his hands. “Bu but route running..” fouttahere only Cowboy WR in my viewing lifetime you knew it was 6 when the ball was released
Yeah who cares about route running...route running is overrated....smh....:facepalm:

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
sJm2NCl.jpg
https://i.*******/yct6r6tkhc781.jpg

Dude was getting this treatment in his prime. This “route-running” nonsense hadnt become a thing until a certain QB came around. Dez’ peers respected the hell out of his talent. Sherm was dappin him up, mid-game because of a back shoulder he made against him.

The Dez hate on this board all stems from Dak

SuperBowlz

Reaction score
By this goofy logic, AJ Brown is a better receiver than Michael Irvin, Terrell Owens, Randy Moss, Calvin Johnson, Julio Jones etc.
Wait what? Miss, Calvin and Julio both pushed towards 2000 too. Dez was a force in the red zone but he was no where close to the receiver AJ Brown is.
Dez had 3 1000 yard seasons in 9 years
AJ has 4 1000 yard seasons in 5 years

I'm not knocking Dez cause he was a tremendous red zone WR but he isn't close to the all around WR as AJ. He isn't close to what Cee Dee is either.

Last edited:

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Wait what? Miss, Calvin and Julio both pushed towards 2000 too. Dez was a force in the red zone but he was no where close to the receiver AJ Brown is.
Dez had 3 1000 yard seasons in 9 years
AJ has 4 1000 yard seasons in 5 years

I'm not knocking Dez cause he was a tremendous red zone WR but he isn't close to the all around WR as AJ. He isn't close to what Cee Dee is either.
The point is none of them had the receiving yardage that AJ Brown is on pace for this season.

Evaluating players is more than looking at stat sheets. There is so much more that needs to be included.

-Scheme
-QB
-Era
-Double team Rate
-Who the number 2 is opposite the number to take attention away

Dez was done no favor by the crappy offense/head coach he played in/for. Do you know when Dez played, he was primarily lined up at the X? AJ Brown is moved around all over the formation to make defenses keep guessing. Now you can say, they didnt move Dez around because he was incapable (i disagree) but there was no evidence that he couldnt line up all over the formation. Also, Jason Garrett’s offense was predictable and we had opposing players knowing our plays before we ran them.

AJ Brown has Devonta Smith as his number 2. Dez had Terrence Williams and a washed Miles Austin…..

Im not even going to get in punt return ability which Aj brown has none of.

Lastly, ill leave you with this. Which would you rather have right now on this offense?

Ceedee to have 200 less yards but 8 touchdowns instead of 4? Or would you rather him have the yards he has now but half the tds?

Because we all know, points win games. Yrds dont… Give me the guy thats going to get into the end zone consistently all day everyday

SuperBowlz

Reaction score
The point is none of them had the receiving yardage that AJ Brown is on pace for this season.

Evaluating players is more than looking at stat sheets. There is so much more that needs to be included.

-Scheme
-QB
-Era
-Double team Rate
-Who the number 2 is opposite the number to take attention away

Dez was done no favor by the crappy offense/head coach he played in/for. Do you know when Dez played, he was primarily lined up at the X? AJ Brown is moved around all over the formation to make defenses keep guessing. Now you can say, they didnt move Dez around because he was incapable (i disagree) but there was no evidence that he couldnt line up all over the formation. Also, Jason Garrett’s offense was predictable and we had opposing players knowing our plays before we ran them.

AJ Brown has Devonta Smith as his number 2. Dez had Terrence Williams and a washed Miles Austin…..

Im not even going to get in punt return ability which Aj brown has none of.

Lastly, ill leave you with this. Which would you rather have right now on this offense?

Ceedee to have 200 less yards but 8 touchdowns instead of 4? Or would you rather him have the yards he has now but half the tds?

Because we all know, points win games. Yrds dont… Give me the guy thats going to get into the end zone consistently all day everyday
The other guys were in contention for OPOY and had seasons of closing in on 2000 yards. None of them spent their careers as punt returners. I'd rather have AJ Brown but Cee Dee is an elite WR too. Both are excellent. Both are better than Dez. Dez had a fantastic OLine an excellent QB and a HOF TE with him. 3 1000 yard seasons in 9 years isn't on par with what AJ, Cee Dee or any of them. Cee Dee has more TDs then AJ but AJ consistently puts up scores in his career.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
I'd take dez over aj with a different coach than Garrett. With Garrett I'd take aj. Garrett let dez slide with relying on athleticism. Put it this way. If dez had bill Parcells as his coach this aj dez convo would be laughable