CeeDee vs. AJ

SuperBowlz

Reaction score
I'd take dez over aj with a different coach than Garrett. With Garrett I'd take aj. Garrett let dez slide with relying on athleticism. Put it this way. If dez had bill Parcells as his coach this aj dez convo would be laughable
That's ridiculous. 3 1000 yard seasons in 9 years compared to a guy that has 4 in 5 years. Dez was a good to very good receiver but he is not close to AJ or Cee Dee.
Parcels would have made Dez soooo much better then AJ Brown it's laughable? Jesus bro that was a really ridiculous take. Dez isn't close to the receiver AJ is.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
That's ridiculous. 3 1000 yard seasons in 9 years compared to a guy that has 4 in 5 years. Dez was a good to very good receiver but he is not close to AJ or Cee Dee.
Parcels would have made Dez soooo much better then AJ Brown it's laughable? Jesus bro that was a really ridiculous take. Dez isn't close to the receiver AJ is.
Ok.

ATXSRT

Reaction score
Seems like they'd be good team mates. Make it happen Jerry.

One thing Brown does better than any receiver is get contested balls. The man looks like he'd shank you for a catch.
We had the opportunity to get Brown here after we let go of Cooper but instead we signed a one-legged Gallup because "we like our guys". Imagine Brown, Cee Dee, Cooks, Ferg.

Last edited:

ATXSRT

Reaction score
Dez's ability to high point and grab contested balls during his prime is arguably the best we have ever seen. It was almost automatic when we were down near the goal line. I don't think I've seen another WR as talanted as Dez was at executing that play. Maybe Calvin Johnson, but CJ is in a whole other class of WRs.

SuperBowlz

Reaction score
Dez's ability to high point and grab contested balls during his prime is arguably the best we have ever seen. It was almost automatic when we were down near the goal line. I don't think I've seen another WR as talanted as Dez was at executing that play. Maybe Calvin Johnson, but CJ is in a whole other class of WRs.
He was fantastic in that regard. AJ Brown is probably currently the best at that but a much better route runner and better hands then Dez. Dez was a 1200 yard guy for 3 years and not much of a force after those 3 years.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
He was fantastic in that regard. AJ Brown is probably currently the best at that but a much better route runner and better hands then Dez. Dez was a 1200 yard guy for 3 years and not much of a force after those 3 years.
Why does this matter if we are comparing them in their prime?

The revisionist history on this site when it comes to Dez is crazy

SuperBowlz

Reaction score

Mainly because Dez had a very brief prime. Only 3 1000 yard season in 9 years isn't very remarkable. AJ is a 1400 yard guy and looking like a 2000 yard guy in his prime and has put up more 1000 yard seasons in 4.5 seasons than Dez did in 9. I'm not ripping Dez cause he was good and tremendous in the red zone but it's ludicrous that people are on here saying he was a better receiver then AJ Brown is. That's just silly.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Mainly because Dez had a very brief prime. Only 3 1000 yard season in 9 years isn't very remarkable. AJ is a 1400 yard guy and looking like a 2000 yard guy in his prime and has put up more 1000 yard seasons in 4.5 seasons than Dez did in 9. I'm not ripping Dez cause he was good and tremendous in the red zone but it's ludicrous that people are on here saying he was a better receiver then AJ Brown is. That's just silly.
Dez obviously was injured in 2 of those seasons you are mentioning. Dont be disingenuous.

And once again, why are yards >>> tds??

SuperBowlz

Reaction score
Dez obviously was injured in 2 of those seasons you are mentioning. Dont be disingenuous.

And AJ was hurt in the only season he didn't get 1000 yards. What's disingenuous about that. AJ is currently on pace to also have more TDs in 9 years than Dez had in 9 years. That's not disingenuous it's facts. I know we like to stick up for the Cowboy brand but AJ is on pace to have a lot more yards, more TDs and has already surpassed Dez in 1000 yard seasons in 1/2 the time.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
sJm2NCl.jpg
yct6r6tkhc781.jpg

Dude was getting this treatment in his prime. This “route-running” nonsense hadnt become a thing until a certain QB came around. Dez’ peers respected the hell out of his talent. Sherm was dappin him up, mid-game because of a back shoulder he made against him.

The Dez hate on this board all stems from Dak
Respectfully, the route running became an issue when his athleticism took a hit, and he could no longer just outrun and out jump everyone.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
And AJ was hurt in the only season he didn't get 1000 yards. What's disingenuous about that. AJ is currently on pace to also have more TDs in 9 years than Dez had in 9 years. That's not disingenuous it's facts. I know we like to stick up for the Cowboy brand but AJ is on pace to have a lot more yards, more TDs and has already surpassed Dez in 1000 yard seasons in 1/2 the time.
We are talking about prime. Im not talking about post broken foot Dez.

You keep bringing up careers. Peak for peak, Dez was better than both Ceedee and AJ. Guys like TO, Moss, and Dez were considered the best of the best during their eras because they scored TDs. Its the one knock on Megatron. He didnt get in the endzone like that. Same as Julio

Proof

Reaction score
It was weird to me how the media folks, when CeeDee complained about not getting the ball enough, fell over themselves to say how he did it in a "good' way, it wasn't "me me me," it was "I want to help the team." That kind of framing usually means that the media likes the guy, that he's nice to them (gives good sound bites they can use or feeds them dirt). The framing is very different for guys they don't like.

I'm not saying CeeDee is a diva or whatever, I'm just saying you can't trust the way media folks talk about people in the organization.
or that's how it happened. not saying you're wrong, but sometimes distinctions are important.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Two different types of WRs. Lamb is shiftier and quicker, Brown is more physical. To me, Lamb is more flexible in that you can use him out of the slot, out wide, line him up in the backfield, etc. Brown is also more of a diva, which for WRs isn't surprising. LOL.

They may both be looking up at T Hill though on the WR pecking chart. That dude is crazy good.
And 30 lbs.

Wangchung83

Reaction score

Don’t you have to move the ball down the field to have someone make a TD? Fez was great at getting the jump ball in the red zone he wasn’t the reason you got to the red zone and that is why yards are important. Fez was great at that, would have been nice had he had more years of being productive, but he lost his ability to leap

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score

He led the NFL in TDs one season and that was it. The last 5 seasons of his career were pure trash.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Don’t you have to move the ball down the field to have someone make a TD? Fez was great at getting the jump ball in the red zone he wasn’t the reason you got to the red zone and that is why yards are important. Fez was great at that, would have been nice had he had more years of being productive, but he lost his ability to leap
Yes and Dez did that also. He was catching more
passes than AJ as well.

Those 3 years of prime Dez, he was averaging 91/1300/14 every year in a horrible Jason Garrett offense.

Extrapolate those numbers over a 17 game season and hes averaging 97/1400/15 which is absurd.

SuperBowlz

Reaction score
Yes and Dez did that also. He was catching more
passes than AJ as well.

Those 3 years of prime Dez, he was averaging 91/1300/14 every year in a horrible Jason Garrett offense.

Extrapolate those numbers over a 17 game season and hes averaging 97/1400/15 which is absurd.
Absurd is thinking Dez was a better receiver then AJ Brown who is gonna have 100+ catches, double digit TDs and 2000 yards in an offense with studs everywhere

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Absurd is thinking Dez was a better receiver then AJ Brown who is gonna have 100+ catches, double digit TDs and 2000 yards in an offense with studs everywhere
You have to be an Eagles fan. I Dont know why it took me so long to figure that out.

We are done here