Twitter: CeeDee vs Cole Beasley on Twitter

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
He literally says during the analysis of the first interception that the throw has to be outside to Lamb. They fact he then lays out issues with the design and why Dak may have not made the throw, he’s clear Dak has to make that read.

Again you take much of this analysis and shove it through a Dak is the best filter.
Kurt Warner said Dak should have gone to CeeDee but the design of the route (or sloppy route ran), along with Cooks underneath running a badly designed route which off the hiking of the football allowed CeeDee to be covered early or forced to run a bad route. CeeDee ran a post, thus allowing the Safety to hover around, instead of cutting his route more to the sideline which would have made it easier for Dak to get the football to him. You literally don't understand what Kurt Warner was saying or why.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Kurt Warner said Dak should have gone to CeeDee but the design of the route (or sloppy route ran), along with Cooks underneath running a badly designed route which off the hiking of the football allowed CeeDee to be covered early or forced to run a bad route. CeeDee ran a post, thus allowing the Safety to hover around, instead of cutting his route more to the sideline which would have made it easier for Dak to get the football to him. You literally don't understand what Kurt Warner was saying or why.
Why would Dak throw a pass on a bad play?

Does he not understand football as well as you?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Why would Dak throw a pass on a bad play?

Does he not understand football as well as you?
Huh? I'm not the one clamoring for the decision to have thrown to CeeDee on either a badly designed route or sloppy ran route. Another poster(s) is. Dak made the right decision to taper off to his 2nd read. Too bad Cooks ran a sloppy route (or badly designed) and got held before the pass got to him (hence the interception).

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
giphy.gif

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Huh? I'm not the one clamoring for the decision to have thrown to CeeDee on either a badly designed route or sloppy ran route. Another poster(s) is. Dak made the right decision to taper off to his 2nd read. Too bad Cooks ran a sloppy route (or badly designed) and got held before the pass got to him (hence the interception).
Im saying....that you are telling us YOU can see a bad play but dak cant.

If it was bad play design, dak should have known that from the get go. If someone is off their route, dak should sense that.
He should scrub the play and wing it.
Either he cant see it, too slow, incapable.

According to you anyway.

Sydla

Reaction score

If it was bad play design, dak should have known that from the get go. If someone is off their route, dak should sense that.

According to you anyway.
He misrepresents what Warner says. Warner does criticize the design and route Cooks ran but he's clear that the throw that had to be made was to Lamb. So no, he doesn't give Dak a total pass.

"This guy is already committed to this route [Alexander on Cooks], there is your corner route [to Lamb], there is nobody else out here. That's why we run this, we are trying to pull down everything else that's out by numbers, there is nothing else there except CD Lamb. That to me is the throw right there........."

Then Warner says "one thing that can kind of mess this up a little bit............." and then discusses the break from the line and then talks about the route Dak threw (Cooks). But to say that Warner's analysis gives Dak a pass and this was all poor play design, that's not true. Warner clearly states right from the start, that Lamb was the throw that had to be made.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

According to you anyway.
I agree. Dak is not seeing it. Neither are his coaches and WRs.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
He misrepresents what Warner says. Warner does criticize the design and route Cooks ran but he's clear that the throw that had to be made was to Lamb. So no, he doesn't give Dak a total pass.

"This guy is already committed to this route [Alexander on Cooks], there is your corner route [to Lamb], there is nobody else out here. That's why we run this, we are trying to pull down everything else that's out by numbers, there is nothing else there except CD Lamb. That to me is the throw right there........."

Then Warner says "one thing that can kind of mess this up a little bit............." and then discusses the break from the line and then talks about the route Dak threw (Cooks). But to say that Warner's analysis gives Dak a pass and this was all poor play design, that's not true. Warner clearly states right from the start, that Lamb was the throw that had to be made.
Yet, you intentionally leave out the part where Warner states CeeDee could/should have ran a better route or to a different spot. You do this all the time because of your anti-Dak agenda. You fool no one.

Sydla

Reaction score
Yet, you intentionally leave out the part where Warner states CeeDee could/should have ran a better route or to a different spot. You do this all the time because of your anti-Dak agenda. You fool no one.
Link the video again and at what time in the video does Warner say Lamb ran a bad route or should have ran to a different spot?

Because in the version of the video I saw, from The Dak Attack! Youtube page, nowhere does Warner blame Lamb for a bad route. He does say that he would have preferred the corner route to go first but understood that the Cowboys were trying to mix up their WR release pattern to not telegraph their play. But even then Warner says that if the CB drops on Cooks (and Alexander did), the throw has to be to Lamb.

Last edited:

Sydla

Reaction score
Wait, I think we are talking about different plays. The one I am talking about is the interception in our own territory where he tried to hit Cooks on the comeback route. Warner says the throw should have been to Lamb on the corner route. I think you are talking about the interception for a TD, right?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Link the video again and at what time in the video does Warner say Lamb ran a bad route or should have ran to a different spot?

Because in the version of the video I saw, from The Dak Attack! Youtube page, nowhere does Warner blame Lamb for a bad route. He does say that he would have preferred the corner route to go first but understood that the Cowboys were trying to mix up their WR release pattern to not telegraph their play. But even then Warner says that if the CB drops on Cooks (and Alexander did), the throw has to be to Lamb.
I don't like wasting my time trying to teach you and your ignorant bunch some accurate and proper football. Waste of my time simply because you either (a) never played the sport... or (b) you were terrible trying to play it. But here we are once again, so pay attention...

Look at the screenshots. Tell me where is an open receiver for Dak to throw to? Look at CeeDee and Cooks underneath. They both are covered because they both ran sloppy and lazy routes! Kurt Warner even mentions it. CeeDee ran a lazy rounded route which did nothing to help himself get any separation early and to better help him open up the deep flats/sideline area where Dak was initially designed to throw to. You can't blame Dak for passing up throwing to CeeDee since CeeDee was covered early and throughout his lazily ran route. This forced Dak to throw to Cooks who also ran a super lazy and wrong depth route underneath in the shallow left flats. Remember, Dak had to get rid of the pass quickly (no more than 3 seconds) because he's got the ball at his own 5 yard line...and the Oline was getting beat around the edges as you can see in the screenshots and video. Had both CeeDee and Cooks ran better and more crisp routes to help themselves get separation early, this play would have worked either throwing mid-deep to CeeDee towards the sideline or short and underneath to Cooks on the comeback inside.

PCIMG-2024-07-09-14-51-33.jpg

The INT in question starts @ the 9:05 mark...

Sydla

Reaction score
I don't like wasting my time trying to teach you and your ignorant bunch some accurate and proper football. Waste of my time simply because you either (a) never played the sport... or (b) you were terrible trying to play it. But here we are once again, so pay attention...

Look at the screenshots. Tell me where is an open receiver for Dak to throw to? Look at CeeDee and Cooks underneath. They both are covered because they both ran sloppy and lazy routes! Kurt Warner even mentions it. CeeDee ran a lazy rounded route which did nothing to help himself get any separation early and to better help him open up the deep flats/sideline area where Dak was initially designed to throw to. You can't blame Dak for passing up throwing to CeeDee since CeeDee was covered early and throughout his lazily ran route. This forced Dak to throw to Cooks who also ran a super lazy and wrong depth route underneath in the shallow left flats. Remember, Dak had to get rid of the pass quickly (no more than 3 seconds) because he's got the ball at his own 5 yard line...and the Oline was getting beat around the edges as you can see in the screenshots and video. Had both CeeDee and Cooks ran better and more crisp routes to help themselves get separation early, this play would have worked either throwing mid-deep to CeeDee towards the sideline or short and underneath to Cooks on the comeback inside.

PCIMG-2024-07-09-14-51-33.jpg

The INT in question starts @ the 9:05 mark...

At what time frame in that video does he say Lamb ran a sloppy and lazy route? Give us the exact time in that video.

Warner actually implies the opposite. He says TWICE that the throw should have been to Lamb as the design of that play is when the CB outside drops to cover Cooks, it frees up the space from Lamb to the sideline. Again, you love to cite Warner and yet Warner says TWICE that the throw should have been to Lamb.

You lecture people on how smart you are but you aren't even understanding what's going on. What Lamb is running is a classic throw to a spot route. If Dak understands the play right, if he throws to the area Warner highlights in the start of the clip, Lamb will be open for a catch. Warner points it out when he says as soon as Alexander commits to Cooks, the throw is to Lamb. The CB on Lamb isn't in a position to make a play on the ball if Dak throws it to the right spot. This is a classic throw to get open type of situation. Great QBs know the route, the coverage and throw to a spot knowing that the WR is about to break open. One of the criticisms of Dak has been he's often a wait to get open passer, often not anticipating the throw.

Warner spends much of the time focusing on what Cooks did, not Lamb. Even The Dak Attack guy, who is a big Dak homer, admits that the corner route was there and that the play was 50% on Dak, 50% on the design/execution.