Celebrity Tournament Bracket Idea (Balloting Completed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Guess who cannot count?

<----THAT guy. That's who. :banghead:

The final list stated there is a three-way tie for 30th place between Angelina Jolie, Lisa Kaye and Sarah Michelle Gellar. Actually, it was a three-way tie for 31st place. In other words, the list has 33 celebrities instead of the required 32. :( On a positive note, the tie forced me to think up a good tiebreaker.

"Google Trends is a website by Google that analyzes the popularity of top search queries in Google Search across various regions and languages. The website uses graphs to compare the search volume of different queries over time." THANKS WIKIPEDIA! Basically, I will do a Google Trends comparison between any tied celebrities for either deciding the order of the tie or--in this case--who gets the ax. Here is the comparison between these three celebrities:

gotQgpP.png

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?q=/m/0f4vbz,/m/06w6_,Lisa Kaye import model

Over the past year, Jolie was has been trending far ahead of the other two and Gellar has googled a bit more than Kaye. The tiebreaker goes to Jolie and Gellar. Kaye gets the unfortunate boot.

The final list will be updated momentarily.

Last edited:

timb2

Reaction score
Guess who cannot count?

<----THAT guy. That's who. :banghead:

The final list stated there is a three-way tie for 30th place between Angelina Jolie, Lisa Kaye and Sarah Michelle Gellar. Actually, it was a three-way tie for 31st place. In other words, the list has 33 celebrities instead of the required 32. :( On a positive note, the tie forced me to think up a good tiebreaker.

"Google Trends is a website by Google that analyzes the popularity of top search queries in Google Search across various regions and languages. The website uses graphs to compare the search volume of different queries over time." THANKS WIKIPEDIA! Basically, I will do a Google Trends comparison between any tied celebrities for either deciding the order of the tie or--in this case--who gets the ax. Here is the comparison between these three celebrities:

gotQgpP.png

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?q=/m/0f4vbz,/m/06w6_,Lisa Kaye import model

Over the past year, Jolie was has been trending far ahead of the other two and Gellar has googled a bit more than Kaye. The tiebreaker goes to Jolie and Gellar. Kaye gets the unfortunate boot.

The final list will be updated momentarily.
https://images.app.goo.gl/PNW7ncLQEdCF1xhL9

https://images.app.goo.gl/2CFKDqTmLsmasyJx8
2CFKDqTmLsmasyJx8

Last edited:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
q8deenm.png

This is not a final list!
These are the top 32 celebrities receiving votes through today (Sunday, June 14/up to post #43):

Rankings/Celebrities/Points
01 Halle Berry (49 points)
02 [tie] Kate Beckinsale (32 points)
02 [tie] Justine Jaro (32 points)
02 [tie] Carla Gugino (32 points)
02 [tie] Katherine Hepburn (32 points)
02 [tie] Tatiana Ali (32 points)
07 [tie] Francine Dee (31 points)
07 [tie] Vanessa Williams (31 points)
09 [tie] Lori Loughlin (30 points)
09 [tie] Hiromi Oshima (30 points)
09 [tie] Jessica Alba (30 points)
12 [tie] Aishwarya Rai (29 points)
12 [tie] Jessica Biel (29 points)
12 [tie] Kate Hudson (29 points)
15 [tie] Tiffani Amber Thiessen (28 points)
15 [tie] Christine Mendoza (28 points)
15 [tie] Jennifer Aniston (28 points)
18 [tie] Tiara Lestari (27 points)
18 [tie] Heidi Klum (27 points)
18 [tie] Julia Louis-Dreyfus (27 points)
21 [tie] Rhona Mitra (26 points)
21 [tie] Zoe Saldana (26 points)
21 [tie] Lola Corwin (26 points)
24 [tie] Angeline Jolie (25 points)
24 [tie] Sarah Michelle Gellar (25 points)
24 [tie] Lisa Kaye (25 points)
27 [tie] Barbara Eden (24 points)
27 [tie] Priyanka Chopra (24 points)
27 [tie] Taraji P. Henson (24 points)
30 [tie] Gal Gadot (23 points)
30 [tie] Helen Su (23 points)
30 [tie] Donna D'errico (23 points)

Celebrities receiving votes outside the Top 32 through today

Stacey Dash (22 points)
Victoria Principal (22 points)
Natasha Yi (22 points)
Mariska Hargitay (22 points)
Ursula Mayes (21 points)
Kristin Kreuk (21 points)
Selma Hayek (21 points)
Carolyn Savage (20 points)
Olivia Munn (20 points)
Evangeline Lilly (19 points)
Eriko Sato (19 points)
Megan Kelly (19 points)
Kaley Cuoco (18 points)
Gong Li (18 points)
Vanessa Minillo (17 points)
Raquel Welch (17 points)
Jordana Brewster (17 points)
Megan Fox (16 points)
Rebecca Lobo (16 points)
Shu Qi (16 points)
Ashley Greene (15 points)
Lucy Lui (15 points)
Sunny Leone (14 points)
Laura Vandervoort (14 points)
Alyssa Milano (13 points)
Rose Chin (13 points)
Adriana Lima (12 points)
Nikki Cash (12 points)
Eliza Dushku (11 points)
Liza Soberano (11 points)
Eva Longoria (10 points)
Anne Curtis (10 points)
Sophia Bush (9 points)
Danni Reil (9 points)
Raichelle Viado (8 points)
Charlize Theron (8 points)
Shania Twain (7 points)
Sandra Wong (7 points)
Julia Barreto (6 points)
Janet Jones (6 points)
Erika Gray (5 points)
Chloe Bennet (5 points)
Mila Kunis (4 points)
Ela Pasion (4 points)
Amy Fay (3 points)
Chyler Leigh (3 points)
Jamie Chung (2 points)
Mia Guzman (1 point)
Masuimi Maxx (1 point)
Anchal Joseph (1 point)
Toni Leigh (1 point)
Vanity (1 point)
How am I going to play? I only know 17 of the top 32. I REALLY need to get out more. And with Selma Hayek and Charlize Theron not even making the cut, I am feeling like I happened upon the wrong web site, WeAreAllBlind.com.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How am I going to play? I only know 17 of the top 32. I REALLY need to get out more. And with Selma Hayek and Charlize Theron not even making the cut, I am feeling like I happened upon the wrong web site, WeAreAllBlind.com.
My initial hope was getting the first round voting started at noon today but my actual work got in the way today. :( I may post the voting polls later today or wait until tomorrow, so keep checking the Off-Topic Zone for the threads. They will be stickied!

A side benefit of these tournaments are new faces never seen before. I know @timb2 has enlightened me with some fresh new faces and a WHOLE lot more with some of his suggestions. :laugh:It was sometimes challenging finding images suitable for a family friendly site like CowboysZone. :p

Salma Hayek did make the final cut tied at number 23 (see post #150). I will figure out actual seeding for all the celebrities before posting the voting threads.

Charlize Theron finished way outside of the top 32. :( Maybe she will bounce back in a future tournament after all her fans here at CowboysZone join in and add her name on dozens and dozens of ballots!

Hey. A guy can dream right? ;):)

Status
Not open for further replies.