Center: Either resign Biadasz or you're locked in to spending a top 60/90 pick

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Outside the possibility Biadasz could have a weak market, I don't see a middle ground option between letting him walk or drafting his replacement high. You go into the draft looking to draft a starter, you are locking yourself in to a top 60 pick at OC. Possibility you could pull off a top 90, but that is a real risk

In this draft I honestly dont locking yourself in to a top 60/90 pick on an OC is that bad an idea. Risky because of how the draft may fall, you can lose out. However the OC talent in this draft is pretty.

cnuball21

Reaction score
There’s some other FAs I just know nothing about them. I’d prefer we shore it up before the draft so we can get the best players but I doubt that happens.

I think something realistic which I’d be ok with is signing Tyron for LT and trying to get the best Cs in rounds 1/2.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
There’s some other FAs I just know nothing about them. I’d prefer we shore it up before the draft so we can get the best players but I doubt that happens.

I think something realistic which I’d be ok with is signing Tyron for LT and trying to get the best Cs in rounds 1/2.
Right now PFF has Biadasz projected at a 7 million a year average. Seems low even for an average player. If thats true, he might be willing to do a 1 year deal to improve his market. We can draft someone and they compete

bleachedwheat

Reaction score
Outside the possibility Biadasz could have a weak market, I don't see a middle ground option between letting him walk or drafting his replacement high. You go into the draft looking to draft a starter, you are locking yourself in to a top 60 pick at OC. Possibility you could pull off a top 90, but that is a real risk

In this draft I honestly dont locking yourself in to a top 60/90 pick on an OC is that bad an idea. Risky because of how the draft may fall, you can lose out. However the OC talent in this draft is pretty.
You wouldn't be locked in to drafting a center per say. Hoffman showed signs of improvement and they were giving Bass some Center reps as well. None of us really know how well either of those guys looked in practice. The team might really like one of these guys and we could all be grasping at straws thinking we need a Center replacement. Who really knows what the front office is thinking.

One good thing about this front office is, they don't create glaring holes going into the draft. They usually fill all needs before hand so they aren't forced into drafting for need. I see them sticking with the status quo.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Right now PFF has Biadasz projected at a 7 million a year average. Seems low even for an average player. If thats true, he might be willing to do a 1 year deal to improve his market. We can draft someone and they compete
If there’s an opportunity to get a vet for like 5 mil while trying to draft a C early I’d be down.

Gambit

Reaction score

I'm not against a decent value contract for him and think it's wise, even if you wanted to take a center in the draft.

It's early, but when I do SIMS of draft, if I take OT in 1st I usually am striking out on top 4 centers. If I take Center early generally there is an OT late 2nd.

But that's a fan sim I get that. I just don't want team pigeon holed into 1st tnd C 2nd rd OT or vise versa.

Had we a 4th I was thinking that opens some things up for us in terms of flexibility but that drop off from bottom of 3rf to comp pick 5 range is pretty wide

Creeper

Reaction score
We let Connor Williams and Connor McGovern go. I am pretty sure they will do the same with Biadasz who has been okay but not great. I think they can find a C in the draft.

rambo2

Reaction score
Jackson Powers-Johnson from Oregon is the center that they should get. It looks like that would take their 1st round pick. he looks like a solid investment.

rambo2

Reaction score
We let Connor Williams and Connor McGovern go. I am pretty sure they will do the same with Biadasz who has been okay but not great. I think they can find a C in the draft.
They need an upgrade at the position. Jackson Powers-Johnson gives you that upgrade.

Cowboyny

Reaction score

You can always sign a low cost fa to cover themselves. Also, we have no idea how they feel about Hoffman

cnuball21

Reaction score
You can always sign a low cost fa to cover themselves. Also, we have no idea how they feel about Hoffman
Would love this. Get someone who is average in FA to at least cover your butt at C.

Do we know if Hoffman or Bass can play C?

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Would love this. Get someone who is average in FA to at least cover your butt at C.

They usually do cover themselves. However, the hope is to find a better option to help out our run game.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Not sure about Hoffman, but as far as I can tell Bass has only played OT and OG since starting college

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Not sure about Hoffman, but as far as I can tell Bass has only played OT and OG since starting college
Both were undrafted fa's and are more suited as backup players at this juncture. If this team wants to improve their run game, it starts with finding a high level Center. Does that mean spending a 1st rd pick to land one? Maybe. Just look at the final 4 teams, 3 have elite Centers and they all have good success running the football.

bleachedwheat

Reaction score

Brock Hoffman played Center and Right Guard for Coastal Carolina his first two years. He transferred to Virginia Tech and played Center his last two years with the Hokies. He is more of a Center than a Guard.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

Who they draft depends on what happens in free agency with the players they lose and the players they sign.