Center: Either resign Biadasz or you're locked in to spending a top 60/90 pick

Gambit

Reaction score
Not sure about Hoffman, but as far as I can tell Bass has only played OT and OG since starting college
Correct, there was some talk about seeing if he can play center in camp last year, not sure where team is at with that currently.

More I think about it, retaining Bidasz may be a requirement just from a number perspective, doesn't preclude you taking a top center, especially one like Barton or Powers who can play Guard too. In fact you have to.

16 FA and terrible draft position outside of 3rd round not sure we can create more holes on OL.

exciter

Reaction score
Outside the possibility Biadasz could have a weak market, I don't see a middle ground option between letting him walk or drafting his replacement high. You go into the draft looking to draft a starter, you are locking yourself in to a top 60 pick at OC. Possibility you could pull off a top 90, but that is a real risk

In this draft I honestly dont locking yourself in to a top 60/90 pick on an OC is that bad an idea. Risky because of how the draft may fall, you can lose out. However the OC talent in this draft is pretty.
It was discussed by the broadcasters during one of the games back in November that the team viewed this as a Center heavy draft and were going to let him walk. Unless his market bottoms out I don’t think there’s much chance of him returning!

reddyuta

Reaction score
I am completely against re-signing Biadasz,i always believe he is the weak link of our Oline especially with the run game.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Brock Hoffman played Center and Right Guard for Coastal Carolina his first two years. He transferred to Virginia Tech and played Center his last two years with the Hokies. He is more of a Center than a Guard.
He should def get a chance to compete for the starting job. He held his own a couple of games at LG for Tyler. Kinda a of salty kid......I like that (lol). In other words, Biadasz replacement may already be on the roster........

cnuball21

Reaction score
Brock Hoffman played Center and Right Guard for Coastal Carolina his first two years. He transferred to Virginia Tech and played Center his last two years with the Hokies. He is more of a Center than a Guard.
Good to know…well at least we know we have a body on the roster that can play C.

visionary

Reaction score
Outside the possibility Biadasz could have a weak market, I don't see a middle ground option between letting him walk or drafting his replacement high. You go into the draft looking to draft a starter, you are locking yourself in to a top 60 pick at OC. Possibility you could pull off a top 90, but that is a real risk

In this draft I honestly dont locking yourself in to a top 60/90 pick on an OC is that bad an idea. Risky because of how the draft may fall, you can lose out. However the OC talent in this draft is pretty.
Move on and draft a real C

visionary

Reaction score
Right now PFF has Biadasz projected at a 7 million a year average. Seems low even for an average player. If thats true, he might be willing to do a 1 year deal to improve his market. We can draft someone and they compete
C is the most important position on OL outside of LT and was a big part of why we couldn’t run effectively

Let him go and get a real C

Sydla

Reaction score
We won't re-sign him.

Then there will be a run on Cs in the 2nd round, they will panic and force a reach at C at some point in the draft. The Schoonmaker situation all over again.

Gambit

Reaction score
He should def get a chance to compete for the starting job. He held his own a couple of games at LG for Tyler. Kinda a of salty kid......I like that (lol). In other words, Biadasz replacement may already be on the roster........
I miss the days of Fredricks. Do you want as a center good enough, fine, or stud who drives the engine?;

Gambit

Reaction score
There was a time where I was happy with Miami keeping him and not being in need for C at 21 lol

He is coming off of career ending ACL late season. Not one I'd hitch my wagon to as a FA this year.

vlad

Reaction score
As i understand it center is key to the running game, as such i have been wanting to move on/upgrade for a few seasons. Not that her sucks but we need to try something,

Curious how those young guys we have fit in

Sully

Reaction score

Center position is huge. Biadasz just hasn't improved the running attack. Let him walk and get a stronger one in the draft

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Here is a fa center to watch Lloyd Cushenberry is coming off a breakout season with the Broncos.