Championship season

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I do believe this season will have an asterisk next to it, for any team. Whether that's right, wrong, or indifferent, I think it's the reality that it will always be known as the Covid season.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
OK so the Dallas Cowboys go on to win the division. Get a bye week. And eventually bring home a championship. Is it a tarnished season. Is it like beating a team that’s down with injuries. How will it be remembered in history

Unless Dallas is getting some advantage I don't know about, I don't see why it would be tarnished. The Cowboys are facing the same limitations, time constrants, etc., that the other teams are facing.

Now, if their Super Bowl opponent contracted COVID and had to forfeit because it couldn't play, then yeah, I'd say an asterisk is deserved.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
OK so the Dallas Cowboys go on to win the division. Get a bye week. And eventually bring home a championship. Is it a tarnished season. Is it like beating a team that’s down with injuries. How will it be remembered in history
It will not be tarnished. Not to the players. Maybe to the holier than thou fans, but not the players or the true fans. Hell no!!!! Give my the dang trophy and my ring!!!!!

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In no way can you compare this to injuries, injuries happen to one person at a time its not like a virus that deplete an entire roster in one day. IMO, I would hardly call it an “unfortunate circumstance” and equate it to injuries. I see injuries as part of the game not a virus that can wipe out a roster for two weeks, if not more.

Do you realize my post you responded to was about the number of games played, and not the effect of players being unavailable to play? In that context I thought you were simply trying to compare to a normal season where injuries occurred as a way of saying SB wins can be tainted even in full seasons.

If what you were trying to do was say the lack of players available to play could taint the season, that really wasn't a response to my comment at all. Again, I was talking about a shortened season.

If, in fact, we have a full season, but a boatload of top players end up not being available to play, that's a different context, and yes, I would agree that could taint things.

aria

Reaction score
Do you realize my post you responded to was about the number of games played, and not the effect of players being unavailable to play? In that context I thought you were simply trying to compare to a normal season where injuries occurred as a way of saying SB wins can be tainted even in full seasons.

If what you were trying to do was say the lack of players available to play could taint the season, that really wasn't a response to my comment at all. Again, I was talking about a shortened season.

If, in fact, we have a full season, but a boatload of top players end up not being available to play, that's a different context, and yes, I would agree that could taint things.
I did not realize that.

aria

Reaction score
It will not be tarnished. Not to the players. Maybe to the holier than thou fans, but not the players or the true fans. Hell no!!!! Give my the dang trophy and my ring!!!!!
What does holier than thou have to do with it? Even if I was a player, as with any sport I played, I would want to face the best of the best. If I beat a team that had a lot of their starters out because of a once in a lifetime pandemic I wouldn’t feel great about it and would rather wait and play them at full strength. What kind of competitor would feel good about beating a weakened opponent? Weak sauce Ranch, weak sauce.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I did not realize that.
This is what you quoted and responded to …

If they play a full 16 game season, then no, not tarnished. If the season ends up getting pared back to something like 8 games, it probably is tarnished.

No worries though. I agree that if a lot of top players end up sitting out that can also tarnish things for whoever wins the SB.

Last edited:

aria

Reaction score
This is what you quoted and responded to …

If they play a full 16 game season, then no, not tarnished. If the season ends up getting pared back to something like 8 games, it probably is tarnished.

No worries though. I agree that if a lot of top players end up sitting out that can also tarnish things for whoever wins SB.
What the hell? I’ll have to go back and look at it, yeah not what I thought I quoted at all.

Ah...I see, I was referring the bottom quote on page 2.

Anyways, never mind just another pointless debate.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What does holier than thou have to do with it? Even if I was a player, as with any sport I played, I would want to face the best of the best. If I beat a team that had a lot of their starters out because of a once in a lifetime pandemic I wouldn’t feel great about it and would rather wait and play them at full strength. What kind of competitor would feel good about beating a weakened opponent? Weak sauce Ranch, weak sauce.
In a perfect world yes, this is not a perfect world. Teams have won games on a bad official call, I've never seen one give the trophy back. All teams are playing in a pandemic. Just like any other game, luck plays a big part. Mr. HTT!!! Lol
Give me my TROPHY and RING!!!!! Can't wait to see how that ring looks on Zeke!!! Haja

fivetwos

Reaction score
Not a bad point, if they could come up with something like the NHL is doing than I would be more apt to not think it’s tainted but that’s also assuming most rosters are full and the only reason players miss is due to injury which I think is highly unlikely with the NFL.
Yeah the players missing time thing is a real problem, and wasnt a factor during a strike.

I felt like baseball could be a model and they are a mess. No idea why theres a 60 player roster pool when they cancel games anyway.

Speculating is almost a waste of time.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I believe you always want to play the other teams best. But in this particular case I think we’re all in the same situation so I agree just give me the freaking ring LOL

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yeah the players missing time thing is a real problem, and wasnt a factor during a strike.

I felt like baseball could be a model and they are a mess. No idea why theres a 60 player roster pool when they cancel games anyway.

Speculating is almost a waste of time.
Speculating, waste of time. What else do you have to do.

aria

Reaction score
In a perfect world yes, this is not a perfect world. Teams have won games on a bad official call, I've never seen one give the trophy back. All teams are playing in a pandemic. Just like any other game, luck plays a big part. Mr. HTT!!! Lol
Give me my TROPHY and RING!!!!! Can't wait to see how that ring looks on Zeke!!! Haja
And people still cry about the dang Dez catch for crying out loud and now all those babies will cry if one of our keys guys can’t pay because of a pandemic but if it’s the other team then it’s all good? I find that hard to believe. There will be a bunch of hypocrites here if certain teams win the SB due to “unusual” circumstance.

P.S. If zeke gets a ring I hope he chokes on it while trying to “feed”.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
which is why I think winning the SB would be tainted, whether we win or not.
yes it could be, but reading the other posts, it all depends on how the season unfolds and what happens with players especially in playoffs and SB itself.
So I would say maybe it is and maybe it isnt, just depends on what all happens.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Not enough players opted for it to be tarnished. But if games can't be rescheduled or teams are forced to forfeit then sure it would be considered tarnished. Besides the Cowboys lost their starting FB, what a blow to the offense. : )

Some fans may complain the quality and execution isn't as good as an out but not a valid reason enough.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And people still cry about the dang Dez catch for crying out loud and now all those babies will cry if one of our keys guys can’t pay because of a pandemic but if it’s the other team then it’s all good? I find that hard to believe. There will be a bunch of hypocrites here if certain teams win the SB due to “unusual” circumstance.

P.S. If zeke gets a ring I hope he chokes on it while trying to “feed”.
I don't think Dez caught it.
I lost a few games to boggus calls, one caused us a playoff berth. Two dropped us in the seeding and put us in a tougher bracket. I never cried about it because it's part of the game. Fans will gripe and there's nothing wrong with that, but players and coaches won't. Give me the dang TROPHY AND A SIZE 15 RING!!!!!! LOL!