Championship season

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If they play a full 16 game season, then no, not tarnished. If the season ends up getting pared back to something like 8 games, it probably is tarnished.

Some sports have been shorted by strikes. Does anyone care? Nope....not after all these years.

People are mask shaming...even beating them up. I will do the same here.

Oh you don't CARE about the virus playoffs,...huh?...here have some PEPPER SPRAY BEECH!

plasticman

Reaction score
Did you know that both strike shortened seasons, 1982 and 1987, were two of the three seasons in which Joe Gibbs and the Commanders were SB champions? They won one Super Bowl in which the season had not been shortened.

They only played 9 games during the 1982 regular season and the top 8 teams from each conference made the four round playoffs, including 4-5 Detroit and Cleveland. The Cowboys played the Commanders in the conference game and lost when Danny White got hurt in the first half and they had to go with Hogeboom. They had a chance until a Hogeboom pass was intercepted by defensive tackle Daryl Grant and returned for a TD.

......if ever there was a season that deserved an asterisk

The owners weren't going to put up with that in 1987 so when the players striked, they signed a slew of free agents, "replacement" players in the first three games.

I don't think this season should be devalued if every regular season game will be played.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think Dez caught it.
I lost a few games to boggus calls, one caused us a playoff berth. Two dropped us in the seeding and put us in a tougher bracket. I never cried about it because it's part of the game. Fans will gripe and there's nothing wrong with that, but players and coaches won't. Give me the dang TROPHY AND A SIZE 15 RING!!!!!! LOL!

Well aren't you so special on your high objective horse!

You can hang out in Green Bay bars...yucking it up about how there's no way that was catch! AREN;T YOU SO SPECIAL!

"oh I didn't;t think it was catch I'm a better fan than anyone else". Keep up the great work.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
To me, illness is no different than injuries. No one can predict them. Injuries or illness hit one team and not another. I don’t see anyone saying a championship in the strike season wasn’t real. You play the games, there will be a champion, and luck always plays a role. I would only view some weird crowning of a team by record with no playoffs as tarnished.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well aren't you so special on your high objective horse!

You can hang out in Green Bay bars...yucking it up about how there's no way that was catch! AREN;T YOU SO SPECIAL!

"oh I didn't;t think it was catch I'm a better fan than anyone else". Keep up the great work.
Well I don't! Go cry in your corner and keep sulking over a frikkn game!! What are you, 12!!!
Only thing I cry about is losing a family member, friend or a good dog, never a dang football game.

Lol....I just noticed even your Avatar is crying!

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well I don't! Go cry in your corner and keep sulking over a frikkn game!! What are you, 12!!!
Only thing I cry about is losing a family member, friend or a good dog, never a dang football game.

Lol....I just noticed even your Avatar is crying!

It is crying...lol. I cried last year for the first time in my 47 years of cowboys fandom. I promised I;d keep the crying until my team proved otherwise. I might have to change it because I am hopeful...with such FINALLY drastic changes this year/

But I do admire you thinking you are SO special about "not a catch". A true fan!

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It is crying...lol. I cried last year for the first time in my 47 years of cowboys fandom. I promised I;d keep the crying until my team proved otherwise. I might have to change it because I am hopeful...with such FINALLY drastic changes this year/

But I do admire you thinking you are SO special about "not a catch". A true fan!
Thank you.....