Charean Williams believes Dallas might franchise Dak 2 years

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I mean, Carr would be an absolute downgrade from Dak. And not because Dak is amazing, but because Carr is measurably worse at just about everything.

You think Dak dink-dunks too much? Carr has lower yards per attempt and yards per completion!
You think Dak is inaccurate? Carr completes a lower % of his passes, in spite of throwing short MORE than Dak!
You mad about some pick Dak threw? Carr throws more total picks, and more picks as a % of passes thrown!
You mad about Dak's red zone passing? Carr even has a slightly lower TD%!
You mad about Dak's lack of passing volume? Carr throws for a whopping... 14 more yards per game? So there's your big win I guess lmao

You mad about Dak not winning more? Carr has a losing regular season record and 0 postseason starts!

Also Carr is more fragile & can't run the ball at all.

derek-carr-in.jpg

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
This post has nothing to do with anything personal, purely business.

It looks like the Cardinals will draft Kyler Murray, but if they don't, and he falls to the Raiders who press the button...would you take Derek Carr?

I ask because Carr would cost what $22,500,000 this season and similar thereafter?

If the money is right then absolutely I would take Derek Carr at 22 mill vs Dak at 30.

Just player for player i'd probably take Carr anyways in our system.

He's stuck with Gruden who is a terrible offensive coach. He needs to be throwing the ball down field vertically.

Dallas and Carr would be a great match because he is mobile and can expose teams down the field if they cheat like they do now to stop Zeke.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
This is a stupid strategy. It’s going to be real fun having $30M cap hits.
The cap is going to be 240m and we still only have 53 players

It is the same as QBs making 15m when the cap was 120m in 2009

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'm reasonably sure the Cowboys aren't 100% certain that they have a SB quality QB in their midst with Dak. I can't say as I'd blame them for being reluctant to commit themselves to a league-leading contract or anything close to one to retain him. In any event, we'll see what develops.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
Zeke is our best player. Dak is just along for the ride.

We have to run the ball more then any team in the league because Dak isn’t a Tom Brady type. He’s a Kirk Cousins / Alex Smith type.

That’s just false. The Cowboys aren’t even close to running the ball more than any team in the league. Last year they ranked 10th in that category.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/rushing-play-pct

Zeke is a great player but QB’s are much more important. Just look at the Giants. They have a great running back and had a great receiver but suck because their QB is washed up.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
That’s just false. The Cowboys aren’t even close to running the ball more than any team in the league. Last year they ranked 10th in that category.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/rushing-play-pct

Zeke is a great player but QB’s are much more important. Just look at the Giants. They have a great running back and had a great receiver but suck because their QB is washed up.

I agree that’s QBs are more important but when the RB and OL are what carries the team and the QB is just a bus driver then you take the RB.

I don’t even think the Cowboys would take Dak over Zeke and if they had to.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Tony Romo never played hard ball with Cowboys and accepted below market value (could have gotten more). That why Cowboys never needed to franchise him.

Oh......so we know for a fact Dak is playing hardball? My point is Charean is offering ZERO to support tagging Dak even once is part of Jerry and/or Stephen thinking, let alone twice. It's nothing more than gossip thrown against the wall.....

NumOneQB

Reaction score
With Jerry Jones I don’t think this will happen. It makes financial sense but I’m fully expecting a new contract for Dak this offseason.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I mean, Carr would be an absolute downgrade from Dak. And not because Dak is amazing, but because Carr is measurably worse at just about everything.

You think Dak dink-dunks too much? Carr has lower yards per attempt and yards per completion!
You think Dak is inaccurate? Carr completes a lower % of his passes, in spite of throwing short MORE than Dak!
You mad about some pick Dak threw? Carr throws more total picks, and more picks as a % of passes thrown!
You mad about Dak's red zone passing? Carr even has a slightly lower TD%!
You mad about Dak's lack of passing volume? Carr throws for a whopping... 14 more yards per game? So there's your big win I guess lmao

You mad about Dak not winning more? Carr has a losing regular season record and 0 postseason starts!

Also Carr is more fragile & can't run the ball at all.

Let some tell it, QBs are like running backs, dime a dozen (lol).

To be honest, I'm baffled/disappointed with the mindset of a few posters. Interesting how careless they're willing to toy with the most important position on the field.

Last edited:

JJHLH1

Reaction score
I agree that’s QBs are more important but when the RB and OL are what carries the team and the QB is just a bus driver then you take the RB.

I don’t even think the Cowboys would take Dak over Zeke and if they had to.

If it was that easy how do you explain 2015 when we had the best offensive line in the league, a RB who rushed for over 1,000 yards and averaged 4.6 yards per carry, yet we still went 4-12? Our dominant line and good RB failed to carry the team. It’s all about the QB.

sean10mm

Reaction score
He's stuck with Gruden who is a terrible offensive coach. He needs to be throwing the ball down field vertically.

Carr was a dink-dunking coward long before Gruden arrived on the Raiders.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Stop Zeke.. Make Dak beat you..

That's the game plan.

For every team we face, that's exactly it. When and if Dak can get to a point where he can actually beat the blitz and make them pay with 7, that's going to continue to be the game plan for us. This is why, and actually what people are talking about when they refer to Dak getting better IMO. He has to develop to a point where teams are more afraid of Dak and the passing game, then they are of Zeke and the running game.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Let some tell it, QBs are like running backs, dime a dozen (lol).

To be honest, I'm baffled/disappointed with the mindset of a few posters. Interesting how careless they're willing to toy with the most important position on the field.

I'm surprised that you would be. Our own Franchise has not spent a draft pick on the position, any higher then the 4th round in 17 years. Never mind how long it's been since we actually drafted a QB in the 1st round.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
For every team we face, that's exactly it. When and if Dak can get to a point where he can actually beat the blitz and make them pay with 7, that's going to continue to be the game plan for us. This is why, and actually what people are talking about when they refer to Dak getting better IMO. He has to develop to a point where teams are more afraid of Dak and the passing game, then they are of Zeke and the running game.

The thing is.. I'm a Dak fan but people on this message board overrate him.

If he couldn't run he'd be a backup QB at best.

Since he can run that brings his value up a little because he has mediocre at best passing ability.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Stop trolling with this "DDS" stuff - it's not an argument, it's an attempt to dismiss. It's not even funny or clever. "lol"

Get new material.
Grow up. Man up and accept the inevitable. Dak is this team's franchise QB. Even Stephen Jones recently said D-Law's recent franchise record new contract would not remain the highest paid for long (as in months). Y'alls haters attempts to quell your disillusioned minds is pathetic.

"lol"

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
The thing is.. I'm a Dak fan but people on this message board overrate him.

If he couldn't run he'd be a backup QB at best.

Since he can run that brings his value up a little because he has mediocre at best passing ability.

I am too Catch. I just try and keep it above board. I don't see him as this top rated passer or QB. I see him as a developing player who has a chance to become one of the better QBs in the league, and notice I don't say passer because I don't believe he will ever be that. However, there is more to the position then just throwing the ball. I also agree with you on your second point. His ability to scrable makes up for a multitude of sins for him.

I honestly like the guy, just like I liked Tony, but I was not in favor of paying Tony what we did either. Maybe I'm just cheap?

:laugh: