Video: Charles Haley: Trade Dak

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Lost me when you said dak is a winner…

He beats bad teams in the regular season - time and time again when he has real competition he and the team fall short…that’s not the definition of a winner, it’s the definition of average which when you net his performance out he is.
Winner?
Dak=weenie

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
So you think one game changed Jerry's motivation to actually extend him or how/when to extend him? I agree that Dak's contract is structured with the same concepts and principles as Romo and Troy's but it seems the difference is Dak has walked a different tune. Remember Stephen once said/thought we could hear/see Dak's extension completed w/o the fanfare?

I'm not sure I agree about the GB game but we ALL can agree SOMETHING has happen from this time last season to now. There is no brown-nosing from either side. They both are trying to cover their own butts, team be damned.
But it's not one game in isolation it actually resurrected the ghosts of the 49ers loses. How many times did we hear, on here, the dismissive 'well it was the 49ers, the best team in the Conference'? Close games, that we had a chance of winning.....indeed Jerry may of deflecting the blame for those two loses on the penalties, lack of run game or to stop the run..... (all played a factor), but the stark reality is that Dak had the opportunity to win/tie both games late on.

Then link in the past struggles with 'receiver by committee' and Dak's inability to play up to his contract, upping that responsibility with lesser resources as his CAP% increases. Needing a 1st RD pick and trading another 1st Rd on Amari.

Now put the GB game in the perspective of the last off-season which for the Jones was an ALL-IN push (Gilmore and Cooks) and would presumably ellicit an improvement. That first half performance (AND SECOND HALF 'COMEBACK/IMPROVEMENT IN PLAY', WHEN PRESSURE WAS OFF) encapsulated pretty much every one of Dak's struggles. Jerry's face said it all: shock and realization that the planned strategy of improving (on the two SF games) and resulting in the MEGA EXTENSION, was a dangerous strategy AS WE JUST ARENT THAT GOOD A TEAM, exposed against good opposition.

For clarity, though, I think the 'CHANGE' (as you described it) is that Jerry has cold feet, and his faith in Dak is shaken, especially that HE needs Dak to take a career ending contract (to allow heavy restructuring), but that flies in his strong belief of 'competing every year'.

I still think Jerry will capitulate, in the end, but his like for his own is waning, especially if Dak wants a shorter contract (AND DEFINATELY IF HE WANTS A NTC).

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Like the KC Defense.

Interesting how the great Mahomes needs a similar defense.
The difference being that the KC defense only has to keep them in the game. With Dak it's coming up short on pretty much EVERY late pressurized situation. It's Dak's achilles heel, needing more than three points (not able to rely on field position for a FG), he's so tight (composure/panic??) when forced to step up. Heck he's a good QB, but realistically you cant really build a team to overcome the flaw......I dont think he's got confidence in himself in such circumstances.

kskboys

Reaction score
Interesting take. I never thought about that possibility. You could be right. I’m dying on the hill that whatever the plan was prior to the Green Bay game immediately changed after the GB game. I agree with you that these plans involved Dak but I think it may involve other players as well.

The Green Bay game changed everything. I think with fans and FO it changed things. I do believe if we won that game or at least was competitive, Dak, CD and Micah would already be signed. JMO and pure speculation.
I saw Jerry's face after the GB game, and it was changed. Of course, as usual, Jerry has no clue as to why his cockamamie plan didn't work.

kskboys

Reaction score
So you think one game changed Jerry's motivation to actually extend him or how/when to extend him? I agree that Dak's contract is structured with the same concepts and principles as Romo and Troy's but it seems the difference is Dak has walked a different tune. Remember Stephen once said/thought we could hear/see Dak's extension completed w/o the fanfare?

I'm not sure I agree about the GB game but we ALL can agree SOMETHING has happen from this time last season to now. There is no brown-nosing from either side. They both are trying to cover their own butts, team be damned.
I do. Man, didn't you see Jerry after the game? He was different.

kskboys

Reaction score
A lot of dishonest spin in media on this. Everyone is claiming that Haley said trade Dak. He did, but not in the context they are framing it.

Haley is practical and says Jones screwed it up by back-loading Dak’s contracts. Haley said Dak is a winner who any team would want as their QB and problem is that the contract was pushed to the end too much so now Cowboys have to make a tough choice on Dak, CeeDee and Micah. Haley thinks all 3 should remain Cowboys.

Charles, Charles, Charles. All NFL contracts are backloaded.

Think before you spew.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
So the goal is not to come in 1st got it. Dak came 1st in 2nd place votes. Allen came 2nd in 1st place votes which is supposed to be the goal. So Allen came in 2nd.
The irony of this crusade you are on is Aaron Schatz voted Josh Allen as MVP and Dak as his runner up lol. He voted based on “his metrics”. Even then Dak got second place from him lol.

davidr295

Reaction score
The irony of this crusade you are on is Aaron Schatz voted Josh Allen as MVP and Dak as his runner up lol. He voted based on “his metrics”. Even then Dak got second place from him lol.
The irony of the crusade you are on is that so what. Its pretty simple Lamar got all 1st place votes except for 1 which went to Allen, so Allen came 2nd in 1st place voting which the goal is to win 1st place. not 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th. Come up for air for once

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The irony of the crusade you are on is that so what. Its pretty simple Lamar got all 1st place votes except for 1 which went to Allen, so Allen came 2nd in 1st place voting which the goal is to win 1st place. not 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th. Come up for air for once
Ok.