Video: Charles "Hercules" Tapper OU Highlights

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yep. I still have hope for Gregory. He could be a good Cowboy.

Wow, now that is some real blind faith right there.

I'll make a bold prediction......................he will never play another down for the Cowboys ever again.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score

I'll make a bold prediction......................he will never play another down for the Cowboys ever again.
He was responding to a hypothetical I posited. Haley said he had "hope," that isn't "blind faith." That's, well, hope.

Also, your prediction isn't very bold at this point, Roy, to be fair.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
He was responding to a hypothetical I posited. Haley said he had "hope," that isn't "blind faith." That's, well, hope.

Also, your prediction isn't very bold at this point, Roy, to be fair.

True, very true. Nothing bold about it at all. That is the irony in it. So he basically has 10 or 12 months to fail another drug test while he sits around and is bored doing nothing with lots of money to spend?

Hmmmmm..........I wonder if he is going to smoke some pot during that time? If the fails again is it a lifetime ban or 3 years or what?

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
True, very true. Nothing bold about it at all. That is the irony in it. So he basically has 10 or 12 months to fail another drug test while he sits around and is bored doing nothing with lots of money to spend?

Hmmmmm..........I wonder if he is going to smoke some pot during that time? If the fails again is it a lifetime ban or 3 years or what?
Welp. All we can hope is that he doesn't, but not put any expectations on it.

If he does it again, he's in Josh Gordon territory.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
I think he'll turn out to be a Jack Crawford type - serviceable relational player. I don't see him as a catalytic ward daddy type, but I would love to be wrong about him. I would mind if he turned out to be a 15-22 sack guy.

giphy.gif

haleyrules

Reaction score

Well, tell you what...he didn't fail as a player..on the field!? He smoked dope. So, logically there is still great hope for a player like that. I mean, if he didn't have talent, ok, he's done. Learning and maturity are different. If he was an NBA player, he would never have missed a game! He needs to grow a bit and either stop smoking until the next CBA or find out how to beat the pointless tests. He still has the talent and truthfully its the league that needs to improve its thinking. Sad situation and completely unnecessay.

waldoputty

Reaction score
I think he'll turn out to be a Jack Crawford type - serviceable relational player. I don't see him as a catalytic ward daddy type, but I would love to be wrong about him. I would mind if he turned out to be a 15-22 sack guy.

giphy.gif

tapper's speed definitely makes him more talented than jcrawford type, as you can put him in a wide-9 for pass situations.
i dont know about his back - it is apparently requires continued management
15 sacks would make him the top DE in the league...
word is he ran the 40 at 275 lb or so.
he is apparently 460 now so could even be faster.
but marinelli's conditioning is also what broke his back...

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
tapper's speed definitely makes him more talented than jcrawford type, as you can put him in a wide-9 for pass situations.
i dont know about his back - it is apparently requires continued management
15 sacks would make him the top DE in the league...
word is he ran the 40 at 275 lb or so.
he is apparently 460 now so could even be faster.
but marinelli's conditioning is also what broke his back...
How is his strength? Is Jack Crawford stronger ? Is Jack more durable? How is his technique compared to jack? There are more factors to pass rush besides straight 40 time.

But I feel ya...I hope he's better than Jack Crawford.

Reaction score
There's a lot of middle ground between a bust and a 15+ sack guy who leads the league in sacks, lol.

We currently don't have a single guy on our roster who has ever had double digit sacks. What we need is a combo of Lawrence, Irving, Collins, Tapper, draft picks, and linebackers to create a 40+ sack defense. I don't care if one guy has 15, or 8 guys have 6, but we need that pressure.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
There's a lot of middle ground between a bust and a 15+ sack guy who leads the league in sacks, lol.

We currently don't have a single guy on our roster who has ever had double digit sacks. What we need is a combo of Lawrence, Irving, Collins, Tapper, draft picks, and linebackers to create a 40+ sack defense. I don't care if one guy has 15, or 8 guys have 6, but we need that pressure.
How about one guy that gets you 40 sacks :muttley:

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Those discounting Tapper's ability to ever play in the NFL are going to be in for a surprise.

Fully recovered, he is going to be a very good player for the Cowboys.
Lol why are people trying to steal my quotes from last yr.

waldoputty

Reaction score
How is his strength? Is Jack Crawford stronger ? Is Jack more durable? How is his technique compared to jack? There are more factors to pass rush besides straight 40 time.
But I feel ya...I hope he's better than Jack Crawford.

Jack Crawford did 14 reps coming out of Penn State years ago, while Tapper did 23 after Nebraska.
Jack Crawford 40 time was 4.85 while Tapper was 4.59 at 270lb.

The biggest problem with Tapper is his back which is an ongoing management thing.
Also how much bend he actually has.
Like many prospects, after running the 40, he had a 'hamstring issue' so did not run the cone or the shuttle for both the combine and the pro day.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Jack Crawford did 14 reps coming out of Penn State years ago, while Tapper did 23 after Nebraska.
Jack Crawford 40 time was 4.85 while Tapper was 4.59 at 270lb.

The biggest problem with Tapper is his back which is an ongoing management thing.
Also how much bend he actually has.
Like many prospects, after running the 40, he had a 'hamstring issue' so did not run the cone or the shuttle for both the combine and the pro day.
Thanks bro

reddyuta

Reaction score
I sincerely hope we are not counting on Tapper ever playing any meaningful football.To me he is more likely to go the Holliman way,it happens but a more thorough check before the Combine might have revealed his birth defect.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
http://sportsday.***BANNED-URL***/d...s-tapper-including-reluctance-football-player

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pretty impressive. A couple of 1st round picks in there (Anzah and Perry).

Of course, Tony Mandarich ran a 4.65 at 304 lbs back in 1989... we all know how that turned out... :)
Mandarich could not run that time after he was in the NFL and subject to drug testing.

waldoputty

Reaction score

for those who thinks Tapper is 100% healthy:

"A pars defect of the lumbar spine involves a part of a vertebra called the pars interarticularis. Roughly translated, that means "the part between two joints." A defect in the pars is a break in this portion of bone. This break leads to a separation of the upper, front portion of the vertebra from its lower, back portion." - LiveHealthy.chron.com.

Management of the condition is ongoing and treatment/physical therapy is provided as needed, which could include wearing a back brace and more.

How this diagnosis will impact his NFL career is to be determined, as the stresses placed upon the lower back in the sport of football directly agitate the condition. If Tapper can manage the condition, he could be a strong component for the Cowboys' front four defensively.

As seen in his blazing 4.59 40-yard dash at the combine, as well as in his numbers as a standout at Oklahoma.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/de-charles-tapper-cleared-to-return-in-2017-for-dallas-cowboys/